Geno v. EJ... part 2

cage

Upon further review, our QB choice is looking much better as the season has progressed. Geno is all kinds of bad... my favorite quote in the article attached is.... "According to numbers compiled by Reuben Frank of CSN Philly, Nick Foles still would have a higher passer rating than Smith if he threw an interception on his next 50 (!) pass attempts"

That's the worst factual description of a QBs performance I think I've ever read.

While last weeks' game was terrible in the ending and OT, we can at least say that EJ made the throws on both occasions that would have won the game for us.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're 4-8. EJ may be a better game manager, but we're still not winning football games.

And don't tell me it's not his fault. Everyone said it was Fitz's fault last year, we replaced him and still suck. ;)

Not everyone said it was Fitz's fault.

Many said it was the defense's fault.

It still is the defense's fault. They suck. Therefore, we lose.

Not everyone said it was Fitz's fault.

Many said it was the defense's fault.

It still is the defense's fault. They suck. Therefore, we lose.

Uh yeah,... that. He didn't have to go much further than the final score to see your point.

It is far from clear at this point that EJ is definitely better than Geno. Although, he likely is. That said, being better than trash makes you slightly less disgusting trash. Who cares who the best QB was this year...they are all terrible...and in all likelihood it's that dweeb in Tampa anyway.

Edited by SameOldBills

I am in the "they're both still rookies, let's wait and see" camp....but I did hear an unbelievable statistic on Mike and Mike yesterday. Greenie was angst ridden over his Jets....and he pulled out a statistic which showed, in his terms, how "biblically bad" the Jets offense has been. He said that over the last 40 drives, they are averaging just over 4 plays per drive. Wow. That is bad.

Now, when we were starting to hear rumors about why the Bills picked EJ instead of Geno, we, of course heard about the texting. But if you heard what the people behind the scenes (in Buffalo and around the league) were saying the real problem was that Geno seemed uncoachable....that he was above coaching. He had the most ability at draft time....but the Bills were betting that EJ would be better down the road. If Geno really can't be coached and this is as good as he gets....the Jets are in real trouble.....with EJ, though, I think we have seen enough learning AND enough talent that we have reason to hope.

Geno is horrible; has regressed in the second half of the season. After 8 starts, there are more questions than answers with EJ; he needs to step it up in the last 4 games, make some plays, show some consistency and prove that he is the guy.

I know it's way, way too early to predict anything about Geno's future as a QB, but what I saw Sunday was a QB not playing with free reign. He was playing like he was AFRAID to phuck up. No football player, ESPECIALLY a QB, can play with that kind of mentality. All his problems are in his head at the moment and, unlike mechanical issues or gaining a better understanding of opposing defenses, there isn't much any coach can do.

Geno needs to snowball some success on the field and soon.

GO BILLS!!!

We're 4-8. EJ may be a better game manager, but we're still not winning football games.

And don't tell me it's not his fault. Everyone said it was Fitz's fault last year, we replaced him and still suck. ;)

I'm not sold on EJ yet either, but let's be fair. Fitz was turning the ball over himself late in the 4th, not completing clutch passes to receivers who subsequently fumble the ball.

I'm not sold on EJ yet either, but let's be fair. Fitz was turning the ball over himself late in the 4th, not completing clutch passes to receivers who subsequently fumble the ball.

So what you're saying is we have more holes than just the QB? :o

I have seen more good than bad for EJ all year. He's a rookie and that is obvious at times but overall I am pleased with our QB situation right now.

Geno has been awful. The stat mentioned by something that Greeney gave on mike and mike yesterday at 4 plays per drive is staggering. That is like a bad high school offense

WTF is wrong with some fans. What the hell happened to patience? Three times, EJ has left the field with a lead (NE, Atlanta, and leading the game leading drive in Cleveland) and the team has blew those games. How in the world is that his fault?

The Bills have sucked for the last 14 years, no doubt about it. But let's face it, some of our fans are starting to suck. This is EJ's first year. Quick stat comparison: QB A: 58.1%, 6.68 ypa, 15 tds, 8 Ints, 82.4 QB rating. QB B: 58.2 %, 6.41 ypa, 9 tds, 4 ints, 82.7 QB rating.

QB A is the god QB Andrew Luck's 2nd year stats (playing every game). QB B is EJ Manuel. I have said all along, I don't know if EJ is the answer but to make that statement after 8 games is flat out dumb. and I guarantee the same morons calling for us to draft a QB in the 1st round will be the same morons calling to bench the new guy the first time he struggles.

31 points, was on the verge of leading his 2nd game winning drive in 8 starts and people somehow trash EJ. The internet gives a voice to people who shouldn't have a voice.

I have seen more good than bad for EJ all year. He's a rookie and that is obvious at times but overall I am pleased with our QB situation right now.

Geno has been awful. The stat mentioned by something that Greeney gave on mike and mike yesterday at 4 plays per drive is staggering. That is like a bad high school offense

Manuel is better the better QB so far, no doubt (funny how that was different after 4 games). But in his defense, a team starting David Nelson at wr is a terrible offense.