New "Vernon Davis Rule?"

NoSaint

So Vernon Davis is advocating a new rule after a rough tackle this week - what does the board think?

Vernon Davis on twitter today:

It should be a league rule saying that a defender can not tackle a player by his penis. #NFL the most painful thing ever! #NFL

Video:

This could cause all kinds of problems...what if (in my case) a safety makes a perfectly legal tackle just below my knees but accidentally grabs "the Judge"...it will be a tough rule to decipher and enforce. 0:)

:flirt:

(You have definitely piqued this smiley's interest.)

This could cause all kinds of problems...what if (in my case) a safety makes a perfectly legal tackle just below my knees but accidentally grabs "the Judge"...it will be a tough rule to decipher and enforce. 0:)

Some of us would have to worry about ankle tackles... And others of us might have to worry about defenders carrying tweezers. :D

i saw that play live and literally cringed when i saw how he brought him down. man that's rough. then again, he's blessed that he's so big down there that the defender could literally drag him down by it. The defender would've been hard-pressed to find enough of my junk to be able to bring me down. :(

Edited by bobobonators

So Vernon Davis is advocating a new rule after a rough tackle this week - what does the board think?

Vernon Davis on twitter today:

It should be a league rule saying that a defender can not tackle a player by his penis. #NFL the most painful thing ever! #NFL

Video:

https://vine.co/v/hPQv1bVVr9d

He says it's the most painful thing ever. That just means he didn't get to see Geno Smith play yesterday.

i saw that play live and literally cringed when i saw how he brought him down. man that's rough. then again, he's blessed that he's so big down there that the defender could literally drag him down by it. The defender would've been hard-pressed to find enough of my junk to be able to bring me down. :(

Me too. I would have been dancing in the end zone! Haha--Vernon.... Uh, wait...?

I forget if it was college or NFL, but awhile back, there was a ref who called a personal foul for similar.

In the announcement over the PA, the ref said, "Personal Foul. Number __. Giving him the business. 15 yards, first down."

:D

Found it on YouTube:

Edited by UConn James