Question for everyone....

Wouldn't mind at all if the Bills moved toward Rochester as a way to increase their fan base. I would still support them fully.

If they moved out of Western NY I would abandon the NFL entirely. No more family football Sundays. No more Sunday night football. No more Monday night football. No more Thursday night.

Every year on opening day of the NFL season I would throw a keg party at my house where we would burn flags and jerseys of the whatever team they became. And anytime I met a person who supported that new team, I would feel an immediate sense of dislike for that person.

And I would golf a lot more on Sundays.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your sister moves away and changes her name, do you still love her ?

If my sister looked like a charging buffalo, then moved and had gastric bypass and started dressing fancy, got a big new house, then married a guy that just won the super bowl, then no, id despise her!

Not a chance. Football would effectively end for me.

I'd probably still watch a few games here and there, but I wouldn't be rooting for anyone, much less the team that moved.

I'm with you on this one Rubes.

BigPappy

the NFL is the best sports league in the world.

a bad NFL matchup is still better than a good matchup in any other sport.

i'll be following the NFL with or without the Bills.

having an NFL franchise in Buffalo makes it all the sweeter.

the ONLY way to keep the bills in Buffalo is through regionalization of the southern Ontario market. buffalo alone can NOT support a franchise. it may be painful, but 7 of 8 home games is better than ZERO of 8...... embrace it.

This has actually happened to me as a baseball fan as I was a huge Montreal Expos fan in the 80s and 90s. Then their scumbag owner moved them out of Montreal to Washington. I couldnt care less about baseball now overall because of that and I don't think many Expos fans care about the Nationals. This would be a question to ask Los Angeles Cleveland or Baltimore fans when their teams moved. Or even Oakland Raider fans on their move to LA. I know I would hate the Toronto Bills especially.

Saddest..like to rub salt in our wounds ? We all know your man Rodgers or Rogers has Bilions,and will pay the fee to move them ,once Ralph passes.This question comes up on here every few months. Let the QUESTION DIE and let us real BUFFALO BILLS fans watch them for the time we have left. USA.

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

I watch football because of the Bills, if they were to move, I wouldn't watch another NFL game. I watch Hockey because of the Sabres, so same deal there too. I couldn't even name all the NBA or MLB teams if I wanted to, and haven't seen an NBA game since Jordan retired, not that I watched any regular season games when he was playing.

Logic: No dog in the race so why watch...

But when the team does move, I will hope they wallow in eternal misery like the clippers. Go Braves.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

This has actually happened to me as a baseball fan as I was a huge Montreal Expos fan in the 80s and 90s. Then their scumbag owner moved them out of Montreal to Washington. I couldnt care less about baseball now overall because of that and I don't think many Expos fans care about the Nationals. This would be a question to ask Los Angeles Cleveland or Baltimore fans when their teams moved. Or even Oakland Raider fans on their move to LA. I know I would hate the Toronto Bills especially.

By Scumbag owner to you mean the MLB?

the NFL is the best sports league in the world.

a bad NFL matchup is still better than a good matchup in any other sport.

i'll be following the NFL with or without the Bills.

One of the most interesting things about this place is the diversity of opinions. My opinion of the NFL could not be further from yours. Particularly in recent history with all the TV dead time the games have become almost tedious to me. Watching them on a delay with no commercials makes it very tolerable. But we watched the last game live because it was a 4:00 start and wow did that drag on.

The NFL ranks as one of the lowest on my scale. I would miss the Bills if they moved for the first season or so anyway, and I would miss what has become our family "tradition" of dinner-with-the Bills Sundays, but I wouldn't miss anything else about tackle football.

It is a fair question and I honestly do not know the answer. I am less of an emotional fan than I used to be. I like watching football in person or on TV. I also like college and High School Ball as well. I Still love the Bills but I like other teams too. I suppose if they were not the Bills I would be liberated and adopt a team that was competitive year after year. That team might still be the Bills but I will not know until it actually happens. I do believe that the Bills will eventually leave I just do not know when. I also have a lot of other interests that I could pursue, being a fan is a luxury not a necessity for me. I

Good question if you asked it ten years ago I would be crushed if they left, now not so much. I have many interests and could easily spend my time and cash with other things. I like college and local high school sports as well especially UB football. I still would watch some NFL but not as much.

Edited by Trader

Unlike most people, I think I would still follow them passionately if they were in Toronto. It still feels like the same region to me, and I love Canada. (Would be even happier if they were in Montreal. Not likely.) I'd rather they stay in Buffalo than move to Toronto, but I would be intrigued by a Toronto team. My ideal would be Niagara Falls. I think I'd actually prefer that to the status quo, unlike a Toronto move.

If they moved to LA or someplace far away to which I have no connection, I don't think I could support them. I'd keep a curious eye on them for the first few years. But I think I would try to find a Premier League team to root for and start following English Football more intensely than the NFL. I would have done that years ago, but the Bills are a drug that I cannot quit, and they keep me plugged into the NFL in general in a major way.

Assuming this move were outside of the Western NY area, or out of NY period?? Yes...if they went to Toronto I think I would feel worse about the move given the fact that if there were truly any fans in Toronto, they could make the drive to Buffalo and if they moved out of state...I'm done with the BILLS. What team *would* I become a fan of...?? Not sure, and hopefully don't have to make a decision on that....ever!

By Scumbag owner to you mean the MLB?

Jeffrey Loria (the scumbag) who owned the Expos cooked up a secret deal to sell them to MLB with Bud Selig and the owner of the Marlins. The people of Montreal and Expos fans were not even considered. There were no last minute attempts to save the franchise by Selig who apparently couldnt care less about the Expos and their history in Montreal or the long history that Montreal had with baseball (like Jackie Robinson playing there in the minors). Selig just did it. Its that kind of scenario that really scares me about the Bills future and what might happen if Ralph passes and a potential ownership group appears that wants to move them. Do you really want to trust Roger Goodell to make the right decision in that event? I dont think that Goodell gives a crap about the fans in WNY or Bills fans in general or any of the traditions of football in this area. He would looks at this entirely as a business decision for his money making juggernaut. I just hope that somebody steps up from the area and keeps the team here. I especially dont want the Rogers group or that Ahole Bon Jovi to get their filthy hands on the franchise!