The Atlanta Falcons week 13

YoloinOhio

So, go to the game! Bring your friends. Be loud. Be proud. Unless you just can't get accross the border, I don't understand why the "best fans in the NFL" don't show up and REPRESENT?! It is like a one hour drive, right?

I am sure there are many reasons why more Bills fans do not make the trek - distance, cost, environment, whatever. Clearly it cannot be argued at this point that the Toronto game feels like a home game to anyone. That will all change with success.

What I find really interesting this year is that, unlike past years, there are no Bills players publicly complaining about having to play in Toronto. People may recall that last year several players, including so called team leaders, came out publicly and complained bitterly about having to play a home game in Toronto. The Bills got blown out. Seattle was no doubt a better team, but the Bills did not even show up to play. The lack of any such whining and complaining is further evidence that this coaching staff has the players attention and respect. I do not expect to hear a peep out of anyone. All business - a very good sign for Sunday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills apparently practiced very well this week. Everyone was healthy. Practice was crisp and energetic. Hopefully that translates to Sunday. You worry about coming out flat after a bye, especially with a rookie QB and the up and down games they've played the last few games.

Edited by KikO M G

My friends, every time we have a discussion about domes (in Toronto or in some fantasy Buffalo downtown future), we hear the same suggestion: open the roof in cold weather! That is just never going to happen, ever. It has never, and will never. It defeats the purpose of having a dome.

I say this not because I am happy about the fact, but only because any discussion about domed stadia should be based on the reality of what a dome means. If you get a dome, you will never see a home game outside again. If that's what you want, that's great, but don't delude yourself about an open roof in bad weather. Save the delusions for better things, like dreaming of a Bills Super Bowl win. :thumbsup:

Great point. Also, a Dome is not the worst thing in Buffalo. The 12th man is a bigger factor for the Bills than the weather. Buffalo weather is so crazy that it is predicted to be 39 with light AM snow showers on Sunday. That's not terrible conditions, but it would keep many from attending an outdoor game. With a Dome, no such problem. Also, the sound amplification from a Dome would be amazing. 60K people yelling in a Dome would make it MUCH louder than in an outside stadium. Plus, our speedy O could get to work in a Dome, and the noise combined with a version of this years D would be havoc for an offense.

I am sure there are many reasons why more Bills fans do not make the trek - distance, cost, environment, whatever. Clearly it cannot be argued at this point that the Toronto game feels like a home game to anyone. That will all change with success.

What I find really interesting this year is that, unlike past years, there are no Bills players publicly complaining about having to play in Toronto. People may recall that last year several players, including so called team leaders, came out publicly and complained bitterly about having to play a home game in Toronto. The Bills got blown out. Seattle was no doubt a better team, but the Bills did not even show up to play. The lack of any such whining and complaining is further evidence that this coaching staff has the players attention and respect. I do not expect to hear a peep out of anyone. All business - a very good sign for Sunday.

I read some where that Stevie was complaining about it publically, mentioned the fact that playing in a dome takes away the weather advantage they have in Buffalo.

I can't remember the last time in the last 10-15 years that the weather was an advantage for the Bills and they won because of it.

The Bills are being picked to win by approximately 80-90% of media "experts."

I read some where that Stevie was complaining about it publically, mentioned the fact that playing in a dome takes away the weather advantage they have in Buffalo.

I can't remember the last time in the last 10-15 years that the weather was an advantage for the Bills and they won because of it.

Week 12 vs Jets? There were other reasons besides the weather of course, but one QB threw with ease into the wind and one side not.

"Truth is, none of those issues will be solved this weekend. There will be the usual whining about Toronto’s lack of tailgating freedom and how it damages the bacchanalian instincts of NFL fans; about how there is no atmosphere in the Rogers Centre and about how many tickets were discounted or comps. In the end, it will matter not one iota because commissioner Roger Goodell and his owners don’t give out letter grades for tailgating parties, and if partying’s that big an issue anyhow, Toronto has two words for NFL owners: Rob and Ford. End of discussion."

From the Toronto Globe and Mail, funny.

"Truth is, none of those issues will be solved this weekend. There will be the usual whining about Toronto’s lack of tailgating freedom and how it damages the bacchanalian instincts of NFL fans; about how there is no atmosphere in the Rogers Centre and about how many tickets were discounted or comps. In the end, it will matter not one iota because commissioner Roger Goodell and his owners don’t give out letter grades for tailgating parties, and if partying’s that big an issue anyhow, Toronto has two words for NFL owners: Rob and Ford. End of discussion."

From the Toronto Globe and Mail, funny.

:lol: