The Future of the TE Position

b-unit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bills need a top round tight end talent they should throw the bank at jimmy graham look at all the good qbs they all have good tight ends. who could that be in the draft

Is he a FA? And if so, what makes us think NO will not try to lock him up or franchise him?

Also, since it will likely come up - Byrd for Graham?

Don't bet on it that they don't let him walk. They have so much locked up into Bree's they are in rough shape.

I'm not saying they won't, but it's not so black and white.

its black and white. theres no chance he sees the door.

they will restructure or get rid of harper and smith, and pay graham. obviously nothing is certain with the nfl but this is about as close as you get. they are ready to take care of him and have been planning for this for years now, his contract is no surprise to the front office, even if it takes the tag to get it done he will be a saint.

just like the pats took care of gronk despite having money in brady. you keep cornerstone players and graham is an absolute cornerstone.

Edited by NoSaint

additionally i will toss in that graham and brees are EXTREMELY tight, and i cant remember another player that has spoken as openly and candidly about having no desire to leave where hes at. obviously the money still has to get sorted out but i have pretty much zero doubt it will eventually.

all im saying is they need a jimmy graham type aka a game changer and if they do let him walk by some stupid decision then throw the bank at him a te like that makes your qb leagues better

scott chandler is good dont get me wrong but i wouldnt hate having him as a second te gronk and hernandez but if that happend id hope that chandler didnt want to go out on a killing spree

im a big fan of austin seferian jenkins. he's huge got the hands and is a mismatch nightmare for people. also he can block very well.

ebron is a close 2nd and jace amaro is up there too. but if i had a choice i like austin SJ

What are you talking about? Scott Chandler is easily the Bills' best tight end since Jay Riemersma!

Wait...I might see your point.

Chandler is a good Tight End, but I do see a benefit in adding another Tight End.

At the very least, it would give the Bills offense another weapon and would allow Chandler to become more of a threat in the passing game.

im a big fan of austin seferian jenkins. he's huge got the hands and is a mismatch nightmare for people. also he can block very well.

ebron is a close 2nd and jace amaro is up there too. but if i had a choice i like austin SJ

Do you think Jenkins is worth a first round pick?

looks like the saints are near the top for 2014 per http://overthecap.co...2.php?Year=2014

that said, i bet brees renegotiates to save them cap space.

They are every year. They were the year they signed brees.

Look for roman Harper and will smith to be a large part of fixing that.... And long term a guy like colston likely not seeing the ends of his deal.

There is zero chance that Graham leaves. What will be interesting is if the Saints get to tag him as a TE or they are forced to tag him as a WR based on where he has played the most snaps.

The Bills should draft a TE in the 1st 3 rounds and/or watch in free agency. As far as I am concerned Chandler is the only NFL TE on the roster and he is a #2.

Eric Ebron is the TE I really like this draft. The potential there is huge, he's that big athlete in the mold of Graham. The big question is if he'll continue to grow in strength so he can make those tough catches in crowds. I don't care for Amaro at all, he's not even a TE at Tech, he's a slot WR that requires no press coverage, i.e. a fancier David Nelson.

Chandler is a good Tight End, but I do see a benefit in adding another Tight End.

At the very least, it would give the Bills offense another weapon and would allow Chandler to become more of a threat in the passing game.

Do you think Jenkins is worth a first round pick?

i do. i think he's in a system that didn't favor a lot of action for the TE. but wouldn't be surprised to see him in the second.

one thing about TEs is hard to gauge is i think besides the HOF type guys who can succeed with any qb.i really think that TEs are a position that heavily depends on the scheme/QB. so i think if you know you wanna feature a TE you look for the ones who fit your system. the smaller h-back guys or you go big possession style. and pray you get those guys who are good at blocking and running.