Greg Cosell: "Glennon is best QB in rookie class and it is not eve

YoloinOhio

Greg Cosell was on Colin Cowherd's show today and said Mike Glennon is by far the best rookie QB in this class and it wasn't close. He said it was based on his QB attributes. He is far advanced in the pocket - moreso than RGIII now in his 2nd year. Anticipation, timing and accuracy. Said of course it could all change and he could have a bad game anytime, has only started 6 or 7.

So would one bad game by Glennon, as he said, then all of a suddent not make him not the best QB in this rookie class? I feel like he was extremely strong in how he stated his opinion. He did not speak specifically to EJ or Geno, although Cowherd did not ask him any follow-up questions other than to sound stunned and say "really?!?"

I am not surprised by Cosell's comments as he saw EJ as a 4th rd talent prior to the draft. I believe he had Barkley in the 4th and then said he though EJ would not be taken before him. That said, he also said he thought Nassib would go the highest of all of them, if I recall correctly.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he is supposed to change his tune now? I dont expect him to.

Not hearing Maylock detract his statements about Cordy Glenn (which he really needs to do)

My question pertained to Glennon. Cosell said something along the lines of this could all change, if Glennon has a bad game. One bad game would change everything? I thought it "wasn't even close." That's what I thought was funny.

Not hearing Maylock detract his statements about Cordy Glenn (which he really needs to do)

To be fair, the prognosticators would have to detract statements for about 200 guys each draft. It's not a science, as much as they try to pitch themselves as experts.

Awesome, I feel vindicated Lol. Check my posts from the fall of 2012 and i was head of the Glennon bandwagon wanting the Bills to draft him early.

I think Glennon is OK but I think he is somewhat of a statue. He has very limited mobility or escapability. I think where he was drafted was appropriate. I can see why Schiano wanted to get him in there. I did not think he was great in college, but I only saw him play a couple times. He could end up being the next Tom Brady - also no mobility.

I think Glennon is OK but I think he is somewhat of a statue. He has very limited mobility or escapability. I think where he was drafted was appropriate. I can see why Schiano wanted to get him in there. I did not think he was great in college, but I only saw him play a couple times. He could end up being the next Tom Brady - also no mobility.

I always thought he was a pro looking QB in college. He just had that look and arm strength. Anyone who goes 20 for 23 (87%) with a 10 yd per pass avg, 2 TDs 0 INT's in an NFL game must have some talent at the position. Now I agree it was only against the Falcons...but EJ will have the same opportunity against that same ATL defense on Dec. 1st so we'll see.

I always thought he was a pro looking QB in college. He just had that look and arm strength. Anyone who goes 20 for 23 (87%) with a 10 yd per pass avg, 2 TDs 0 INT's in an NFL game must have some talent at the position. Now I agree it was only against the Falcons...but EJ will have the same opportunity against that same ATL defense on Dec. 1st so we'll see.

I was thinking that too... Geno looked really good against ATL too. EJ has played some of the league's toughest defenses in his game action - Carolina, Baltimore, Jets, Cleveland, Pitt. ATL will be a good barometer.

The second sentence shows a distinct lack of research on Glennon. He's not a mobile guy as far as getting out of the pocket and running around, but he's got the best mobility of anybody WITHIN the pocket in this draft. By a long shot. He's got that pocket mobility you want to see from your pro QB. Steps up when the pressure comes from the outside, steps from side to side when the rush comes up the middle. I LOVED Glennon coming into the draft. When he was being talked about as a potential first rounder I wanted him badly. Then he kind of fell off the radar a bit, and he wasn't really in the conversation anymore.

The second sentence shows a distinct lack of research on Glennon. He's not a mobile guy as far as getting out of the pocket and running around, but he's got the best mobility of anybody WITHIN the pocket in this draft. By a long shot. He's got that pocket mobility you want to see from your pro QB. Steps up when the pressure comes from the outside, steps from side to side when the rush comes up the middle. I LOVED Glennon coming into the draft. When he was being talked about as a potential first rounder I wanted him badly. Then he kind of fell off the radar a bit, and he wasn't really in the conversation anymore.

He had negative 124 yards rushing in college. I was referring to outside the pocket, and that comes right from his scouting reports, not something I made up. I think he fell off the radar because he had a very poor bowl game, although I did not see it and I am just going by what I read. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Glennon has been better than I expected and the top rookie to date. I think that his lack of athleticism and his inconsistency throwing the ball (see college) will catch up to him. He had the best "arm talent" in the draft IMO but I do not see him as a great QB.

I also think that once teams get film on a guy, they can get exposed to some degree and they really need to stay ahead of that. Glennon has some nice weapons (esp. Vincent Jackson) which is a huge help to him as a rookie.

I remember Mayock giving Glenn a good amount of praise during the Browns game this year.