Who wants to apologize to Jairus Byrd?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I want to apologize to Byrd???? Are you fu$%in kidding me?? He conveniently waited until Gilmore and McKelvin were healthy again to make his appearance. Meanwhile, Kiko has multiple INT's and is second in the league in tackles. Take the Bills offer next year or go get an extra $500k from the Niners (or whoever). Good things happen when you get on the field...he pissed away 5 games playing hardball with his agent.

Haven't had a Byrd thread in a while. Three Picks and a sack in the last two games. The Bills are a far better team with this guy on the field. Hope the Bills and his agent work things out.

Where is the need to apologize?

Has anyone actually said the Bills are not a better team with Byrd then without?

Sideline Reactions: Bills 37 - Jets 14

By Joe Buscaglia

JoeB@wgr550.com

Byrd proving his worth

- Ladies and gentlemen, the real Jairus Byrd is back. He's been showing glimpses throughout the season since his return from a bout with plantar fasciitis, and even popped last week with an interception against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Byrd followed that up with one of his biggest games as a member of the team. Two interceptions, a sack and another hard hit on the quarterback on a third down play made Byrd into one of the biggest reasons the Bills won so soundly. It was only a matter of time before the safety got back to his level of abilities, and it seems like he's finally in sync with Mike Pettine's defensive philosophies in full. The Bills will have another hearty decision on their hands at the end of the season, but the drop-off from Jairus Byrd will be noticed if they intend to walk away from him at the end of the year. He's playing his way into a big contract once again.

Haven't had a Byrd thread in a while. Three Picks and a sack in the last two games. The Bills are a far better team with this guy on the field. Hope the Bills and his agent work things out.

apologize for doing your job after not doing your job for half a season? why apologize again? ill apologize if he gives back his first 5 game checks. How many ints or tackles did he have in those games. What a joke the OP is.

apologize for doing your job after not doing your job for half a season? why apologize again? ill apologize if he gives back his first 5 game checks. How many ints or tackles did he have in those games. What a joke the OP is.

Thank You enlightener. :lol: I am truly blessed to have you straighten me out. BTW, You are Loud...but you're definitely not Fast. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'be been cold on paying any safety big money but Byrd has a clear knack for the football. In a game thats dictated by turnovers I want him on my team. Can they even afford him? Does he even want to stay? These are all questions that will be answered this spring.

So by your logic EJ owes the Bills 4 checks?

^this. The bills had some very close games. His not honoring the contract could very well have cost the Bills a game.

Please explain how Byrd did not "honor his contract." This theme has been repeated often on this board and in this thread, and it's flat-out inaccurate. He signed his tender and immediately reported for duty. An injury kept him out for the first five games of the year and he is now playing at the pro-bowl level that he has played at in the past. Are you on the Bills' medical staff? Do you have inside information about his injury that was not shared with the public or even with Doug Marrone, who defended Byrd 100 percent?

so EJ was faking it too? and held out til the last day possible of training camp? why do we owe Byrd? didn't the millions he still earned for sitting and bitching count for anything? we lost some games when our other DBs were out with real injuries. And cornerblitz is quite the apologist. We all need to ignore the past and just bow down to players if they have a good game today. If you have no memory of their past cornerblitz, why do we need to apologize for ours?

that's cool, some guys here cant remember past the last game played, and will forgive their favorite guys for anything as long as they "look" right once in a while. you probably think SJ is real mature and a true #1, Mario is a hard worker, and that trent was real good if not for "the concussion"

Another poster with inside information on Byrd's injury. Please tell us what your source is, or is it just a "hunch"?

This is confusing...you're saying Byrd showed up for training camp and played at the start of the season? Wow, I don't know what drugs you are doing, but that did not happen..

Byrd was not under contract during training camp. He did not play at the beginning of the season because he was injured. Again, do you have inside information regarding his injury or are you just going to continue to impugn his character based on your speculation?