Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest part is he's not even in on the joke.

Just because I'm not a member of The Legend of Da'Rick Rogers fan club does not mean that I can't see a point made to the contrary and respect and, in reviewing, agree with that particular take.

Statistics? Talent? Size? Speed? Contributions on a winning team? Production in the SEC? Is that an okay place to start or do you want more?

I am not sure what argument could be made in Hogan's favor.

he made the team . : 0

Well, I certainly contributed a lot so sorry about that.

To me the discussion wasn't as much about the player (whom I think will be a productive NFL player) but more about roster management. It speaks to the philosophy of the Bills and is a decent indicator of future players that the Bills may target. That's why I think that it has been interesting to me.

Are you comparing Da'Rick Rogers with Marshawn Lynch?

That remains to be seen, but I remember a fair amount of people slagging Lynch and actually being happy that the Bills got a 4th for him. To me it's the same old bull ****. Getting rid of quality players because of perceived character flaws.

I know the legend keeps growing, but can someone please enlighten me on Da'Rik's standout performance in preseason that everyone keep talking about?

I never heard of the guy before the draft and was intrigued when Bills picked him up. The writeups from OTAS piqued the interest a bit more, but it wasn't like he was consistently the star of OTAs. Then in training camp, it was more uneven performance - good plays balanced by boneheaded plays and lack of attention. I was psyched finally see him in action in preseason games, and to me, he was ... invisible. 2 catches - 12 yards.

So I know that everyone is frustrated at the potential, but unfortunately he showed nothing this summer to earn a spot on this team. To compare him to Burfict isn't proper, because Burfict had a great camp and fought his way into the roster. Rogers, not so much.

So what's the price of tea in China these days?

Sorry but it's not surprising that someone that didnt watch him prior to the preseason, when he was already in the dog house, would be miffed by why people think he has potential to be a special talent.

I know many of the folks that are most frustrated are among those that likely saw the most of his college snaps

Edited by NoSaint

Surely, there are other organizations who chose not to keep a non-performing player who went on to have a successful career somewhere else? Surely, there are players the Bills have brought in who other teams chose not to keep who are seeing success here? The angst is understandable and likely more tied to fan frustration with the team overall than the few catches this player has had subbing for the injured. But if someone needs to be "blamed" for him not being a Bill, that person is Da'Rick.

Sorry but it's not surprising that someone that didnt watch him prior to the preseason, when he was already in the dog house, would be miffed by why people think he has potential to be a special talent.

I know many of the folks that are most frustrated are among those that likely saw the most of his college snaps

Who cares what he did in college. All I know is that he did zero to earn a spot on his first pro team. If he learned enough to stick with Colts, more power to him. There are dozens of decent college players coming out every year who don't amount to squat in the NFL.

Maybe it's not surprising because we hear this story a lot. A player that had a lot of talent and potential fizzles out in the NFL. What makes this any different? What has he done with the Colts to continue to warrant this discussion? People brought this topic up again because he made ONE catch in the Colts game. Are people trying to say that that ONE catch was what won the game? The improbable comeback was created by the catch and mere presence of Rodgers?

Who cares what he did in college. All I know is that he did zero to earn a spot on his first pro team. If he learned enough to stick with Colts, more power to him. There are dozens of decent college players coming out every year who don't amount to squat in the NFL.

Not to play devil's advocate but how do you explain the Marcus Lattimore situation? He was a leading SEC rusher, like Rogers was WR. He has had 2 major knee surgeries in the last 3 years, equivalent to a pot suspension 3 years ago. He was drafted late and sat throughout the year. Does it matter to SF what he did in college? Apparently it must or they wouldn't be working to rehab him.

Good teams stockpile talent and add value guys to their roster. This is what the Bills had a chance to do and chose to keep CH. It is not surprising, that a playoff team ended up adding the value guy in Da'Rick.

It's not so much Da'Rick, the player, it's more about that type if player. The Bills are in no position to cut a rookie that once led he SEC in receiving. They are even in less of a position to cut him because they did not have an NFL quality player to use that spot on.

Maybe it's not surprising because we hear this story a lot. A player that had a lot of talent and potential fizzles out in the NFL. What makes this any different? What has he done with the Colts to continue to warrant this discussion? People brought this topic up again because he made ONE catch in the Colts game. Are people trying to say that that ONE catch was what won thie game? The improbable comeback was created by the catch and mere presence of Rodgers?

No, but he made a big play that spun the momentum of a playoff game. What did the guy that they kept ahead of him do all season???

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not to play devil's advocate but how do you explain the Marcus Lattimore situation? He was a leading SEC rusher, like Rogers was WR. He has had 2 major knee surgeries in the last 3 years, equivalent to a pot suspension 3 years ago. He was drafted late and sat throughout the year. Does it matter to SF what he did in college? Apparently it must or they wouldn't be working to rehab him.

Good teams stockpile talent and add value guys to their roster. This is what the Bills had a chance to do and chose to keep CH. It is not surprising, that a playoff team ended up adding the value guy in Da'Rick.

No, but he made a big play that spun the momentum of a playoff game. What did the guy that they kept ahead of him do all season???

That's a reach, even you have to know that!