Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

I can't believe Buffalo let a Don Beebe go to the Packers. He won a SB with the Packers. Stupid Bills.

Did you see Brad Smiths 10 yard kick return yesterday? That's 10 yards more than any Bills kick returner. Stupid Bills.

Tashard Choice put a pic of him and his fellow Colts RBs on twitter. He was dressed in one more game than any Bills RB. Stupid Bills.

Dean Cain...Stupid Bills cut Superman.

The list goes on and on.

Uh oh! Chad Rinehart is playing for the Chargers and is being coached by D'Allesandris!!!

Now as far as giving someone a chance goes didn't Kiko Alonso get into a lot of trouble in college? The Bills gave him a chance and it turned out well so far.

My point is you win some and you lose some.

Edited by Kevin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this team was Seattle or New Orleans it may have made sense to cut their losses. That is the whole point. All that it cost you to keep him was Hogan or any other guy that could be your 6 WR. It was such a low risk move for a rebuilding team.

He dominated (yes dominated) SEC competition. He might be a complete idiot but as an undrafted rookie it doesn't matter how loud he yells because his voice would not be heard. They should have given him a chance to grow here and if he didn't it did not cost you anything!! Best case scenario he is the big physical WR that you need, worst case he is gone after the season. A season in which you are 3-7.

The 2 moves that bothered me the most this year were releasing Rogers and spreading Fitz's cap hit over 2 seasons. I hate those two moves the most because there was no reason for either of them. There was zero chance that you could be worse off by doing the opposite of what they did (unless they were looking to spend that Fitz $, which they weren't). I can understand the logic with everything else that they did (whether I agree with all of the other decisions is another story). Those two decisions just make zero sense to me.

I have worked in a lot of places where the hard working nice guy was let go and the lazy a-hole was glorified. That's how sales work. It is about production and what you are capable of producing. Not everyone is the same.

What did DR produce exactly? In preseason Hogan played better. And since none of us were on the inside to know the daily ins and outs about commitment level etc. there really is no reason to question DR’s release. It could be getting cut woke him up enough to be somewhat productive with the Colts.

Edited by purple haze

I dont get how one can be so matter of fact about these things? I think those ahead of him didn't have enough time to prove themselves this year. Who's to say in our offense that Rodgers would not have been just as invisible? This is an absolutely ridiculous thread, and for some reason, I keep it going by responding. This thread is laughable. If Rodgers becomes something amazing, oh well! He wasn't right for our team at he time, and its not like this type of thing had never happened in the history of the NFL, and its not like its only happened to the Bills!!!

Best of luck to Rodgers, but he's not on our team anymore. Worst of luck to Rodgers when he plays us. Lets stop dwelling in the past.

I'm not sure what you find so ridiculous or confusing. A team that hasn't been able to reach the lofty goal of finishing .500 in the last 10 years and is trying to build for the future cut bait early on a highly talented prospect that potentially could have gone a long way to making this team competetive. Sure, there's no guarantee he would have worked out, and maybe sending him packing was the right move, but maybe it wasn't. Certainly there are plausible explanations as to why this was done, but to tell fans not to second guess the new rookie coach but to instead swear blind allegiance to him like he's Jesus Christ, and then get upset when someone disagrees is far more ridiculous than this thread IMO.

The Bills losses that you cite were more attributable to some of the following:

1) Bad QB play from our platoon of EJ, Thad, Tuel

2) Terribad special teams play on returns

3) A defense which just disappeared during key moments.

Having a receiver miss out on a jump ball catch was not a cause of any of our losses .

The point was that he was a guy capable of making a couple of plays a game (like yesterday). In is not unreasonable to think that he may have made those plays in a Bills uniform instead of a Colts uniform. If he made 1 - 2 plays in one of those close games it may have been the difference in the outcome.

This right here is ridiculous to me. You THINK he could have. Is that the coat tails you want to ride? A guy who had one catch in the Colts game, had one other good game, was going to win us 2 games this year? I don't get it, Hogan didn't play much, if Rodgers took his place on the roster, I'm willing to be he would have had the same role as Hogan and wouldn't be on the field much either. Would coulda shoulda, get over it!

I dont get how one can be so matter of fact about these things? I think those ahead of him didn't have enough time to prove themselves this year. Who's to say in our offense that Rodgers would not have been just as invisible? This is an absolutely ridiculous thread, and for some reason, I keep it going by responding. This thread is laughable. If Rodgers becomes something amazing, oh well! He wasn't right for our team at he time, and its not like this type of thing had never happened in the history of the NFL, and its not like its only happened to the Bills!!!

Best of luck to Rodgers, but he's not on our team anymore. Worst of luck to Rodgers when he plays us. Lets stop dwelling in the past.

I really don't know how to respond. You really think that Chris Hogan is a better football player then Da'Rick Rogers? It is a simple yes or no.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm not sure what you find so ridiculous or confusing. A team that hasn't been able to reach the lofty goal of finishing .500 in the last 10 years and is trying to build for the future cut bait early on a highly talented prospect that potentially could have gone a long way to making this team competetive. Sure, there's no guarantee he would have worked out, and maybe sending him packing was the right move, but maybe it wasn't. Certainly there are plausible explanations as to why this was done, but to tell fans not to second guess the new rookie coach but to instead swear blind allegiance to him like he's Jesus Christ, and then get upset when someone disagrees is far more ridiculous than this thread IMO.

Truth

That's what's irking me most at this point - how do you know he wasn't good enough? Cause he was cut. As if that factually proves he couldn't have succeeded here.

Really we don't know and it's a shame we won't find out given what we kept instead.

Just so you know. I wanted to keep him as well. I also understand why we cut him... And it's not because I think Hogan is better. Rogers talent is a whole different level than Hogans. I'm just pointing out how much people freak out over a catch or a game. Do you think that the Colts won't try to upgrade over him this offseason? Hell. He was targeted less than Hogan2.0 (Griff Whalen). Btw. I know he was Lucks college teammate. I still stand by my comparison.

Assuming the kid is working hard, showing up on time, etc...Why would a team try to upgrade a 5th or 6th WR who can produce like a 3rd or 4th and gets paid like a 7th?

Most teams don't think like the Bills...And that's why most teams go to the playoffs every now and again... ;)

Assuming the kid is working hard, showing up on time, etc...Why would a team try to upgrade a 5th or 6th WR who can produce like a 3rd or 4th and gets paid like a 7th?

Most teams don't think like the Bills...And that's why most teams go to the playoffs every now and again... ;)

Teams always try to improve. Are you suggesting that they won't? Produce like a 3rd or 4th? That's a stretch unless you're talking about potential in which case is 1st or 2nd.

I don't know why I remember this stuff from training camp but a few things about da'rick stuck with me.

Don't quote me my six month memory isn't that good.

First was interview with buddy explaining how he told da'rick we are giving you a chance. Be careful not to screw it up or you'll be looking for jobs in the paper. He was warned.

Then there was a nice play he made in camp and he stood over his teammate and taunted him. Marrone went right after him asking him, "is this what we can expect with any kind of success from you?"

Third was marrone was being interviewed at fisher and da'rick was standing in the back ground shaking a chain link fence like an immature child like "look at me, look at me!"

I'd have cut his ass too.

Maybe a team like Indy or New England has enough success and built in accountability that problem players have no choice but to stay in line. That's what we need to achieve here.

Teams always try to improve. Are you suggesting that they won't? Produce like a 3rd or 4th? That's a stretch unless you're talking about potential in which case is 1st or 2nd.

In 5 games he has like 15 catches just shy of 250 yards and 2 tds. That's a nice run for a 3rd/4th WR.

If they can upgrade the position, surely they would but I think it'll be more about Reggie Wayne's future than on a depth level as it looks like they have some nice 4-5-6 level options

Like I said trying to upgrade a 5th or 6th WR that gets paid nothing and actually produces on the field is stupid Roster management...Again assuming he's not causing trouble of course...

He's played in 5 games and has 238 yards and 2 TD's...you don't think that's 3rd or 4th WR numbers?

On the Bills it is...That's 100% for sure... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

The Bills were 9-7 the 2004-2005 season so your statement is factually incorrect.

That was funny Prissy .

after 9-10 its hard to keep counting !

I don't know why I remember this stuff from training camp but a few things about da'rick stuck with me.

Don't quote me my six month memory isn't that good.

First was interview with buddy explaining how he told da'rick we are giving you a chance. Be careful not to screw it up or you'll be looking for jobs in the paper. He was warned.

Then there was a nice play he made in camp and he stood over his teammate and taunted him. Marrone went right after him asking him, "is this what we can expect with any kind of success from you?"

Third was marrone was being interviewed at fisher and da'rick was standing in the back ground shaking a chain link fence like an immature child like "look at me, look at me!"

I'd have cut his ass too.

Maybe a team like Indy or New England has enough success and built in accountability that problem players have no choice but to stay in line. That's what we need to achieve here.

there were more than that . never heard about the fence shaking though . The others i clearly recall

The point was that he was a guy capable of making a couple of plays a game (like yesterday). In is not unreasonable to think that he may have made those plays in a Bills uniform instead of a Colts uniform. If he made 1 - 2 plays in one of those close games it may have been the difference in the outcome.

I really don't know how to respond. You really think that Chris Hogan is a better football player then Da'Rick Rogers? It is a simple yes or no.

Actually you're wrong, it's an "I don't know". What exactly has Rodgers done so far to make you think he's soooo much better?

In 5 games he has like 15 catches just shy of 250 yards and 2 tds. That's a nice run for a 3rd/4th WR.

If they can upgrade the position, surely they would but I think it'll be more about Reggie Wayne's future than on a depth level as it looks like they have some nice 4-5-6 level options

Geez i bet Andy Luck would have had a decent year here with our Bills WR's as compared to the 3 quarter back we Bills

put on the field.

Actually you're wrong, it's an "I don't know". What exactly has Rodgers done so far to make you think he's soooo much better?

Statistics? Talent? Size? Speed? Contributions on a winning team? Production in the SEC? Is that an okay place to start or do you want more?

I am not sure what argument could be made in Hogan's favor.

Edited by Kirby Jackson