David Nelson: Found out on Twitter that Bills released him

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the tone in this thread surprises me.

I remember when Nelson was not re-signed, the majority on this board was saying good riddance to him.

Now everyone is saying what a bone headed move it was not to re-sign Nelson.

The irony. :rolleyes:

What's that stuff you take for memory? Gingko biloba or something like that?

My recollection of the reaction around here is a little different. Lots of gnashing of teeth and wailing about the stupidity of the Bills in not offering the guy a 2nd round tender. And some differing viewpoints, of course.

He did? She did? What'd she do, say "whoever isn't pushing you towards Jesus is holding you back" or something?

She was posting long, dramatic tweets about it, can't remember exactly but I finally unfollowed. It sounded like he dumped her rather surprisingly and she never saw it coming,

Not getting a contract plain and simple means he was fired.

Joined the Jets in October, 5 games 16 catches 199 yards. Last 3 13-179 he has learned the system.

Our WR TJ Graham stats, 10 games 16 catches 198 yards.

Another terrible personnel decision by the Bills.

Who is throwing to these guys but 2 rookie QBs.Another bad decision at the QB position?

Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that you're very knee jerky.

This is kind of reminiscent of when Maybin signed with the Jets except not quite as bad (thank god).

I was at the game & Nelson was open on that out in the end zone in the 4th but Simms threw a clunker that was uncatchable. His body language after that play showed his discouragement with the throws over his head & beyond his reach that Geno & Simms were tossing his way. Good guy, wish him well but happy with our WRs.

What's that stuff you take for memory? Gingko biloba or something like that?

My recollection of the reaction around here is a little different. Lots of gnashing of teeth and wailing about the stupidity of the Bills in not offering the guy a 2nd round tender. And some differing viewpoints, of course.

I still say that. You don't create holes on your team for the heck of it. Football is so easy because contracts are not guaranteed. Sign him to his tender, not sure about second round though, think I was espousing 3rd and if he performs he stays, if not he's gone. Instead the Bills cut him loose without a backup in place. IMO that's never the right way to do things.

While technically true, it's clear that they had a plan for what they wanted at WR and executed it during the draft.

Exactly - They knew they were going to take a WR so while I understand Woods wasn't Nelson's replacement per se, they decided to go speed. Would love to get a big WR or one of those hybrid TE/WR guys this year. But the big WR needs to be fast, not like Nelson.

Nelson was always overrated by the fans in Buffalo. He is a great guy, very good hands, but he was never better than a 4th or 5th wideout and fared much better when they could play him as a 4th wideout/extra tight end, getting mismatches with LBs and dime backs.. I am glad he has a job and is contributing, but I would not bet on him making the Jets roster next year. He was a stop gap due to injury problems and the fact that the Jets went into the year weak at the position to begin with. This is something they will likely address next year.