No excuses left

Virgil

We are healthy, we played a bad team, we've had players come back with less time to prepare and play better.

This game ended our season and did it in a way that removed hope and optimism. I've got nothing and I question if we can afford to give anyone the benefit of the doubt in regards to potential going forward.

Manuel and Marrone included

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are healthy, we played a bad team, we've had players come back with less time to prepare and play better.

This game ended our season and did it in a way that removed hope and optimism. I've got nothing and I question if we can afford to give anyone the benefit of the doubt in regards to potential going forward.

Manuel and Marrone included

You aren't alone......the players gave up on Marrone today.

We know the look of a team that is disheartened by a lack of faith in coaching.

Marrone's childish rant last week apparently didn't help. Bottom line: when you are a HC and you lose games, players start to think that their coaching is putting them at a disadvantage.

Seriously, draft another QB. EJ doesn't have "it". If people can say "it" based on "nothing", I can say "it" after "that'". He SUCKED today. No excuses. He SUCKED "today".

Still too early to reach any conclusion on EJ. Now the end of the season is another story.

Well you are incorrect. There are plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but all you are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Simple passes, can't complete short passes accurately. That was his knock at FSU, too conservative/check down mentality. Look at the incompletion to Stevie with the fade in the endzone.....He'd rather throw it to nobody vice take the risk. Hence, the Jets game and every pass down down the field was out of bounds.

Still too early to reach any conclusion on EJ. Now the end of the season is another story.

If there is any question about Manuel being a franchise QB then QB becomes your top need.

I approved of drafting Manuel, but am not surprised with his struggles and I realized then there was a very strong chance he would not end up being the guy.

But you gotta' take every chance to get that QB.

If the Bills had drafted the QB with their first pick that ended up being drafted most recently after their pick in each of the drafts since the turn of the century then they would have had any one of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco on their team.

What do they have to show for picks not spent on QB's? Leodis, CJ, Marcel and Gilmore. That is all they have to show for passing on QB's.

Well you are incorrect. There are plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but all you are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

PTR

Well, this is the balanced sane view, I would like to think I am there with you. But man, that was a BRUTAL game from EJ. He was terrible. I am willing to attribute this one game to rust, but if he looks half of this bad next week, I will be thinking that they might've missed on him.

It wasn't just that they lost, but he was slow and mechanical, didn't seem to be processing the defense quickly at all and his passes were, for the most part, well off the mark.

I know that he isn't helped by an inexperienced receiver group that isn't extremely talented on top of it, but gosh that was bad. Pittsburgh clearly didn't believe that he could hurt them through the air and they sold out to ground the run game. Manuel could not make them pay.

I will cling to the hope that this was a rookie QB who hasn't played much, has missed the last 4 games due to injury and was rusty, was missing his favorite WR (Woods) and was outmatched by a great veteran DC in Lebeau, but I really wasn't enthused by what I saw from EJ.

Well, this is the balanced sane view, I would like to think I am there with you. But man, that was a BRUTAL game from EJ. He was terrible. I am willing to attribute this one game to rust, but if he looks half of this bad next week, I will be thinking that they might've missed on him.

It wasn't just that they lost, but he was slow and mechanical, didn't seem to be processing the defense quickly at all and his passes were, for the most part, well off the mark.

I know that he isn't helped by an inexperienced receiver group that isn't extremely talented on top of it, but gosh that was bad. Pittsburgh clearly didn't believe that he could hurt them through the air and they sold out to ground the run game. Manuel could not make them pay.

I will cling to the hope that this was a rookie QB who hasn't played much, has missed the last 4 games due to injury and was rusty, was missing his favorite WR (Woods) and was outmatched by a great veteran DC in Lebeau, but I really wasn't enthused by what I saw from EJ.

+1

Seriously, draft another QB. EJ doesn't have "it". If people can say "it" based on "nothing", I can say "it" after "that'". He SUCKED today. No excuses. He SUCKED "today".

This. Sigh.

Keep drafting one until we get it right. I don't care about "wasted draft picks." Until you get a franchise quarterback they are all wasted pics. Talent going to waste all over the field.

Why bother drafting the best pass-rushing OLB in the draft (or insert your favorite non-qb position) if your QB will only lead you to a 6-10 season?

Edited by maddenboy