Official First Half Thread: Week 10, Bills at Steelers

Beerball

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This "rusty" excuse is ridiculous. I don't expect EJ to be brilliant his rookie season, but Thad coming off the practice squad and Tuel starting his first game were throwing the ball down field. There is NO reason for Manuel to be held back.

He looked jittery against the Jets. The pass pro wasn't good in that game but EJ made it worse by his lack of poise.

Yeah, that was one game outta 5. Steelers are a pressure D too. But this looks like rust, lack of timing/feel. He's not a seasoned vet, ease him back in with easy throws, not timing stuff.

This "rusty" excuse is ridiculous. I don't expect EJ to be brilliant his rookie season, but Thad coming off the practice squad and Tuel starting his first game were throwing the ball down field. There is NO reason for Manuel to be held back.

The 30 mph wind is a pretty good reason. Roethlisberger isn't even slinging it more than 15 yards and that's his game.

Unless the coaches have no faith in his ability to throw an accurate ball. In which case, why is he starting?

I question the play selection as well. Deep/go routes are easy throws for a QB. Hackett calls a completely different game with EJ in there. last week he mixed it up beautifully to keep d off balance.

The 30 mph wind is a pretty good reason. Roethlisberger isn't even slinging it more than 15 yards and that's his game.

It's 20-25 and he's a big enough man to get it there. Ben has thrown a few downfield to at least open things up. Don't need bombs. But 20 yards, at least.