3-13 Is A Possibility

Bryce Paup

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you can ask the other 99 out of 100 FSU fans that are stunned someone took EJ in the 1st round

Not saying EJ won't work out, there's some promise, but his college career was lacking

Go to an FSU thread like this. EJ was getting killed by fans in the know for failing to deliver upon his 5 star recruit status. Watch the 2012 Florida implosion.

EJ looks like he will be back, still not sold but hoping he can be the guy. Jameis Winston's success at FSU worries me...

That makes no sense re: FSU. I mean, EJM's record as a starter was very good. FSU has better skill guys at WR as well this year.

And you can ask the other 99 out of 100 FSU fans that are stunned someone took EJ in the 1st round

Not saying EJ won't work out, there's some promise, but his college career was lacking

Lacking what exactly? He was a multi-year starter that completed 67% of his passes, had 47 TDs to 28 INTs and a cumulative QB rating of 150 while going 4-0 in bowl games.

As to the subject of this thread; 3-13 is indeed a possibility, as is 10-6 and all combinations of records that add up to 16 games in between...this isn't news.

With inept QB play and the team's inability to finish games . As I look at the rest of the schedule no game a gimme besides Jacksonville I hope I'm wrong and we upset some teams along the way and make it to 8-8

Go Bills!!!!

I have no idea what how this team will finish. I"m hoping for a strong finish. I see this team being similar to the 49ers prior to them becoming good. If EJ turns out to the "The guy" we are finally going to make the playoffs....sad it couldn't happen this year...i blame the front office for having tuel on the team...

this is actually more possible than 3-13. There are no gimme games in the NFL, but check this out.

PLAYOFFS! Not even kidding. Look at our schedule.....and we win the Super Bowl.

ok, i'm among the most optimistic fans. but even this cracks me up...put down the pipe!

this is actually more possible than 3-13. There are no gimme games in the NFL, but check this out.

PLAYOFFS! Not even kidding. Look at our schedule. There is not a single game we can't win if we execute and play well. Steelers, win. Jets, we can beat them, they are playing over their heads and are due for a letdown. Then Atlanta, we can win that game....Ryan should be rushed all day. Just need to blanket Gonzolaz. Tampa, win. Jacksonville, Win. Miami and/or New England: one win out of there. that puts us at 9-7, should get us a wildcard, we win, and then play the top team in the AFC record wise (KC, haha), beat them, and make the AFC Championship game. Pull an upset over Denver when Manning throws INT's due to pressure, and go to the Superbowl, where Seattle can't handle playing away from home, and we win the Super Bowl.

This why I like coming to TSW.....it's like taking a trip with Alice in Wonderland. LOL

I was defending the Bills play calling somewhat up until the week. Mostly because the run game & Spiller wasn't working that well.

This game against the Chiefs was very winnable and yet mental midget Nate Hackett has the un drafted FA rookie QB throw 39 times in his first NFL start. This was particularly disturbing considering the Bills RB's were averaging 6.3 ypc against that #5 NFL defense.

I don't see them beating the Steelers at Pittsburgh, the Jets or the Patriots as long as the Gailey clone play caller keeps thinking he has Tom Brady under center. When in fact he has a rookie so raw it makes Fitz look brilliant.

I see 5 winnable games if the Bills OC gets his head outta his backside and runs more - passes less. If not, perhaps 3-4 wins....maybe. This really sucks because this team could have been in the playoffs this year with an OC that actually knew how to build a "successful" NFL running attack.

I think the Bills at a minimum will go 7-9 with wins coming from Pit, Atl, TB & Jax. The 3 that are the big questions are the divisional games. It's possible the Bills could beat Miami again, but I don't see the Bills beating the same divisional opponent twice (hope to be wrong). The Jets & their defense will be very tough. If the Pats rest their starters then the Bills have a good chance of winning that game, otherwise if Brady & the rest of the starters play, the Bills will have a hard time winning.

With inept QB play and the team's inability to finish games . As I look at the rest of the schedule no game a gimme besides Jacksonville I hope I'm wrong and we upset some teams along the way and make it to 8-8

Go Bills!!!!

the team is playing 2 winless teams, 2 2 win teams, and two division rivals at home that they should beat before the finish at NE. this team should finish at least 8-8 but 9-7 is a realistic finish.

I was defending the Bills play calling somewhat up until the week. Mostly because the run game & Spiller wasn't working that well.

This game against the Chiefs was very winnable and yet mental midget Nate Hackett has the un drafted FA rookie QB throw 39 times in his first NFL start. This was particularly disturbing considering the Bills RB's were averaging 6.3 ypc against that #5 NFL defense.

I don't see them beating the Steelers at Pittsburgh, the Jets or the Patriots as long as the Gailey clone play caller keeps thinking he has Tom Brady under center. When in fact he has a rookie so raw it makes Fitz look brilliant.

I see 5 winnable games if the Bills OC gets his head outta his backside and runs more - passes less. If not, perhaps 3-4 wins....maybe. This really sucks because this team could have been in the playoffs this year with an OC that actually knew how to build a "successful" NFL running attack.

Gee, thought I was the only one who thought Hackett has been weak. Glad someone else sees the same game I see. He definitely has to find a different way to call plays on the goal-line or the same pattern will continue. 3-6 and no excuses

the team is playing 2 winless teams, 2 2 win teams, and two division rivals at home that they should beat before the finish at NE. this team should finish at least 8-8 but 9-7 is a realistic finish.

And, this team will not be looking past anyone. Not even winless teams. This team will be frothing at the mouth for a chance to kick an ass.

I get that you don't like Manuel. The difference between you and I are that I watched most of his games. As I stated I live in Florida, I know many FSU Alumni and run into a lot more. This was not a survey of one. If they are football fans I always ask about EJ, the worst I have ever heard is "inconsistent". I never asked about is draft position, because I don't care. I want to know do they think he can play.

The fan I referred to in the previous post spent a good deal of time talking football with me. It is why I singled out his comments, he was knowledgeable, not just a casual fan.

So which part of my post do you disagree with? That FSU was in a rebuilding faze after Bowden retired? That Manuel's supporting cast was not as good as Winston's? Be specific here, how do the o line, receivers and backs compare? Is it that the offense is complicated?

Please feel free to expound. Or is that i just didn't take a large enough survey for you? If it is the latter then I propose that four and a half games is not enough to judge Manuel's competence in the NFL.

As to Manuel's college career. His record was 25-6. He was only the second player in college history to win four consecutive bowl games. Led FSU to a 12 win season for the third time in team history. Completed 66.9% of his passes, 47 TDs, 28 INTs, rating of 150.4. Just what exactly about that is lacking? Was it the two losses in his senior year? If you had watched them you would know that he had a bad game against Florida but the NC State game was Fisher's fault.

I firmly believe this, if Manuel was in the game yesterday, he hits A wide open Johnson for a TD and does not throe a pick six to Smith.

Edited by chris heff

I get that you don't like Manuel. The difference between you and I are that I watched most of his games. As I stated I live in Florida, I know many FSU Alumni and run into a lot more. This was not a survey of one. If they are football fans I always ask about EJ, the worst I have ever heard is "inconsistent". I never asked about is draft position, because I don't care. I want to know do they think he can play.

The fan I referred to in the previous post spent a good deal of time talking football with me. It is why I singled out his comments, he was knowledgeable, not just a casual fan.

So which part of my post do you disagree with? That FSU was in a rebuilding faze after Bowden retired? That Manuel's supporting cast was not as good as Winston's? Be specific here, how do the o line, receivers and backs compare? Is it that the offense is complicated?

Please feel free to expound. Or is that i just didn't take a large enough survey for you? If it is the latter then I propose that four and a half games is not enough to judge Manuel's competence in the NFL.

As to Manuel's college career. His record was 25-6. He was only the second player in college history to win four consecutive bowl games. Led FSU to a 12 win season for the third time in team history. Completed 66.9% of his passes, 47 TDs, 28 INTs, rating of 150.4. Just what exactly about that is lacking? Was it the two losses in his senior year? If you had watched them you would know that he had a bad game against Clemson but the NC State game was Fisher's fault.

I firmly believe this, if Manuel was in the game yesterday, he hits A wide open Johnson for a TD and does not throe a pick six to Smith.

EJ gets sacked. He has a slow release and hesitates. Sorry.

EJ gets sacked. He has a slow release and hesitates. Sorry.

He hasn't taken many sacks. His release was the fastest of the 2013 draft class according to sportsscience, that actually measures such things in a scientific way. Most rookie QB's are guilty of the being hesitant on occasion due to the "rookie treatment" being thrown at them by Def. coordinators. The data don't back up your claims, sorry.

Gee, thought I was the only one who thought Hackett has been weak. Glad someone else sees the same game I see. He definitely has to find a different way to call plays on the goal-line or the same pattern will continue. 3-6 and no excuses

I've railed against Hackett's overly conservative play calling frequently, but I thought he called his best game to date vs KC. He kept them off balance, yet continued with runs when the KC D wasn't stopping it. Called an interesting pass to SJ off a read-option look and gave Tuel go routes for deep throws to keep things simple. The goal line play( that ended up a pick 6) was actually a nice design and as easy a read as you can make for a QB. A run there and I wouldv'e probably been screaming at the NH for being predictable. Crazy that his best called game to date and 2 horrendous turnovers collided to steal a win from the Bills.

There's plenty of examples of QB's that have had "lacking college careers" that have turned into excellent NFL QB's. Certainly plenty that have had decorated careers in college that can't play a lick in the NFL.