Realistic expectations for Tuel on Sunday?

KikO M G

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in another of the like ten QB threads out there.

This is what Thad gives us each game: (1) 4-5 good throws; (2) 3-4 sacks; and (3) 2-3 turnovers.

I certainly think Tuel can match that. I also think Tuel will probably take fewer sacks than Thad would take, but probably make some riskier throws.

In the end, realistically, I could see him at about 220 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTS, and 2 sacks.

What is your basis of Tuel being able to put up those types of numbers (not that there great numbers) against a top NFL defense? He has shown one good half against backups in the preseason. I have a feeling the chiefs are gonna be on his ass all game long

Also, what makes you think he wil make risker throws? Are you in the practices and watching his profession? Just seems like some wild predictions with nothing to back up.

What is your basis of Tuel being able to put up those types of numbers (not that there great numbers) against a top NFL defense? He has shown one good half against backups in the preseason. I have a feeling the chiefs are gonna be on his ass all game long

Also, what makes you think he wil make risker throws? Are you in the practices and watching his profession? Just seems like some wild predictions with nothing to back up.

None of us have anything to base these predictions on. The guy is a rookie with very little experience. What experience he has had was with no reps on a short week and being thrown into a fire which IMO was a major coaching flaw. Not a realistic data point IMO.

I have nothing to go on as far as this is concerned but am hoping beyond hope that our staff see's something we have not seen in Jeff and feel he can perform well enough to not lose.

Hey...we are beat up badly at the position and need to think positive. We can win this game I really believe we can and the QB is just one very small part of this team.

I said this in another of the like ten QB threads out there.

This is what Thad gives us each game: (1) 4-5 good throws; (2) 3-4 sacks; and (3) 2-3 turnovers.

I certainly think Tuel can match that. I also think Tuel will probably take fewer sacks than Thad would take, but probably make some riskier throws.

In the end, realistically, I could see him at about 220 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTS, and 2 sacks.

That's just where we disagree on this one. I think that Lewis can lead the team to 3-4 scores (maybe 24 points). I don't think that Tuel can put more than 10 points on the board. The whole game is different IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

0 points.

Tuel's performance vs. Cleveland was the worst I've ever seen

You must not watch a lot of football... he did not have a successful 3 quarters that night for sure, but it barely cracks the top 25 of worst QB performances I have seen in the last 2-3 years and that is just the NFL.

Well, I am not going to be surprised either way. He had ZERO prep for the Browns game, so discount that. Still, a rookie playing a good team.....should not expect to much. The most we can hope for is that he does not loose the game, not expect him to win it. Others will have to step up, perhaps the D this week.

If Tuel starts, my realistic expectation would be for the Bills to be trailing 21-0 at the half and contemplating a QB change. If the Chiefs offense were more prolific, it would be 30-0. The only hope is for the Bills defense to have a phenomenal game and somehow, someway the offense musters enough points to eke out a 13-10 type of game.

If Tuel starts, my realistic expectation would be for the Bills to be trailing 21-0 at the half and contemplating a QB change. If the Chiefs offense were more prolific, it would be 30-0. The only hope is for the Bills defense to have a phenomenal game and somehow, someway the offense musters enough points to eke out a 13-10 type of game.

Dope Land? How fitting with your post. Munch on!

My prediction is largely based on the fact that Tuel's big strength is the deep ball and the staff seems to want to give him chances to throw that deep ball. Even in his limited action against Cleveland, I think he made 2, maybe 3, deep throws. I think he will try some throws down the field, potentially leading to some big plays. At the same time, I can see deeper throws leading to some more risks being taken (eg, sacks, picks).

It's just so hard to believe that we're only halfway through the season and we're already talking about our fourth option at quarterback this year. I mean, seriously, WTF? Who the hell hates us so much?

0 points.

Tuel's performance vs. Cleveland was the worst I've ever seen

I have seen worse. But yea, that was really bad.

40% completion percentage, one INT, 2 sacks in a QTR and a half.

Spiller is healthy and back in the line up. Like someone else mentioned it would be great if Tuel doesn't throw more then a few passes.