Brace it up and play E.J.!!!!!

billsfan_34

I know none of us know what level of sprain EJ has, but quality of care plays a big part in the healing process of a knee sprain. Im thinking he is getting excellent care and has to be close. Marrone has hinted to it. It seems thad is hurting and the thought of Tuel or Flynn starting Sunday makes me and im sure most of us very uneasy. I say EJ braces up the knee and plays. Isnt this what alot of players have done in the past? If we could squeek out a win against KC theres a decent chance to make a run. This team drives me nuts but damn I still love em.

Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know none of us know what level of sprain EJ has, but quality of care plays a big part in the healing process of a knee sprain. Im thinking he is getting excellent care and has to be close. Marrone has hinted to it. It seems thad is hurting and the thought of Tuel or Flynn starting Sunday makes me and im sure most of us very uneasy. I say EJ braces up the knee and plays. Isnt this what alot of players have done in the past? If we could squeek out a win against KC theres a decent chance to make a run. This team drives me nuts but damn I still love em.

as i dont know the state of EJs knee, or any of those other guys -- i cant really say other guys have done it.

It seems every sprain is different. Braxton Miller at OSU had the same thing and sat out 3 games, but he could have played after 2.. they didn't need him for that game though so he waited. NFL not like college where you don't "need" your starting QB for every game. Also FJ said he had that last year early on and missed one game, I think. It all depends.

Considering it's a knee and not a toe...um, NO! As much as we may not want to admit it at this point, but in the grand scheme of this season, KC game is probably moot in terms of making the playoffs or not....could it be? Yes...likely? Probably not....so, to put his entire career in jeopardy for what is most likely an inconsequential game in regards to playoff hopes, I'm going with: HELL NO!! Let him rest and gain his full strength...the best option is for the Offense to Run the Damn Ball anyways...so, what we need is a game manager who can avoid big mistakes....Tuel? Flynn? Eh...neither excite me, but I get more animated about the potential of losing EJ for the rest of the season and the beginning of next...

Considering it's a knee and not a toe...um, NO! As much as we may not want to admit it at this point, but in the grand scheme of this season, KC game is probably moot in terms of making the playoffs or not....could it be? Yes...likely? Probably not....so, to put his entire career in jeopardy for what is most likely an inconsequential game in regards to playoff hopes, I'm going with: HELL NO!! Let him rest and gain his full strength...the best option is for the Offense to Run the Damn Ball anyways...so, what we need is a game manager who can avoid big mistakes....Tuel? Flynn? Eh...neither excite me, but I get more animated about the potential of losing EJ for the rest of the season and the beginning of next...

I hear what your saying about the playoffs but just take a look at their remaining schedule after KC.

@ Pittsburgh

NYJ

ATL

@Tampa

@Jacksonville

Miami

@NE.

Honestly the only game until the NE game that they probably won't be favored in is @ Pittsburgh & that is probably a 3 point line & I think it is a winnable game. Win this game & I think they could go on a real run.

I hear what your saying about the playoffs but just take a look at their remaining schedule after KC.

@ Pittsburgh

NYJ

ATL

@Tampa

@Jacksonville

Miami

@NE.

Honestly the only game until the NE game that they probably won't be favored in is @ Pittsburgh & that is probably a 3 point line & I think it is a winnable game. Win this game & I think they could go on a real run.

I somewhat agree... it totally all hinges on this game...but then if they win, @Pitt will be another barometer because it will likely be EJ's first game back and it will be huge to see how he looks. After that, with all the issues we have had with NYJ, that is yet another barometer game. Rex knowing our defense and all that. Then there is ATL - they suck, but so do we when we play in Toronto. Won't be a real home game. The next 3 are extremely winnable, the last one is not regardless of how "down" we think NE is this year. We could do it, but def won't be favored.

I don't want EJ returning on that joke of a field Heinz usually is at this time of the year after the Steelers, Pitt and the HS championship games have shredded it all up. Sign me up for the Jets game

It seems every sprain is different. Braxton Miller at OSU had the same thing and sat out 3 games, but he could have played after 2.. they didn't need him for that game though so he waited. NFL not like college where you don't "need" your starting QB for every game. Also FJ said he had that last year early on and missed one game, I think. It all depends.

I think the Bills are coddling him way too much. I don't know the whole story of his injury but they were keeping him so under wraps when he was playing that nobody knows whether we really have something in this kid or not. Thad is more developed and encouraged to really play the position than EJ. April isn't that far away and it appears there's going to be some fine QBs out there. He better get his azz on the field and start showing a challenging arm.

Just my opinion.

I think the Bills are coddling him way too much. I don't know the whole story of his injury but they were keeping him so under wraps when he was playing that nobody knows whether we really have something in this kid or not. Thad is more developed and encouraged to really play the position than EJ. April isn't that far away and it appears there's going to be some fine QBs out there. He better get his azz on the field and start showing a challenging arm.

Just my opinion.

I think teams are going to coddle a young QB in the aftermath of what happened with RGIII last season. It's unfortunate. EJ could have been ready to play last week for all we know. But the staff is going to err on the side of caution, even as the season begins to circle the drain. Football players take risks every time they step on the field. Rookie or ten-year vet- if they can physically play, they should. It's the risk you run when you're paid millions to play a game. But you ARE being paid handsomely to play this game, risks and all. So either play, or step aside and let someone else have that roster spot and hefty payday. And the Bills can't handle Manuel with kid gloves forever; you have to take the training wheels off at some point. If Manuel gets dinged, bruised or battered- it's part of the game. Time for Manuel to put on his big boy pants and play.

I don't see any reason to believe that EJ, at 100%, will come back and play well after having several weeks off with a bum knee. He was mediocre at best before the injury. After several weeks of very limited activity, he will, once again, be a project in its early stages. To "brace him up," and play him before he is 100%, because we are facing one of the better defenses in the league would be beyond foolish.