Brace it up and play E.J.!!!!!

billsfan_34

Do you want the guy to ruin his career for one game? Why is this thread even on the board.

There are some smart viewpoints on the board, this title is not one of them.

explain to me in medical terms how it will ruin his career. Im cool with hearing your expert medical opinion and then I will be happy to give you mine. Bashing someone behind a keyboard is cowardly.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And threads like this are why NFL players should try to get every penny they can get. People bashed Byrd for not playing through pain. Yet, people bashed Gilmore for not playing well with a club on.

It sucks EJ got hurt. But it is completely stupid to rush the guy who we hope to be our franchise QB back too soon and ruin him long term. This isn't Madden.

And threads like this are why NFL players should try to get every penny they can get. People bashed Byrd for not playing through pain. Yet, people bashed Gilmore for not playing well with a club on.

It sucks EJ got hurt. But it is completely stupid to rush the guy who we hope to be our franchise QB back too soon and ruin him long term. This isn't Madden

its a sprained knee thats had a significant time to heal. I agree all players should try to get as much money as they can. Gilmores injury is much different than EJs. At some point players do have to play thru injury. Thats what they are paid to do. I wasnt trying to make an argument oit of this thread sorry. Edited by billsfan_34

its a sprained knee thats had a significant time to heal. I agree all players should try to get as much money as they can. Gilmores injury is much different than EJs. At some point players do have to play thru injury. Thats what they are paid to do. I wasnt trying to make an argument oit of this thread sorry.

I get your point and trust me, I'd rather see EJ than any of the other guys. The thing I wanted most out of this season is to see how EJ progresses. But this is our future and you can do a lot of damage by rushing him back too quick. Hopefully, he is going to have a long and productive career for us. And if he is the franchise guy we hope, we won't even remember him missing a few games his rookie season.

I get your point and trust me, I'd rather see EJ than any of the other guys. The thing I wanted most out of this season is to see how EJ progresses. But this is our future and you can do a lot of damage by rushing him back too quick. Hopefully, he is going to have a long and productive career for us. And if he is the franchise guy we hope, we won't even remember him missing a few games his rookie season.

very true....im looking at the schedule and can you inagine if we squeek a win against kc? The second half of the season is a little softer to say the least and we could make a run for sure. Maybe 13 years of no playoffs can cloud ones thought process.

I'm in favor of having him sit out all year, then the Bills draft a real QB in 2014 as they should have done in the first place.

I'm not sure how you could arrive to that opinion on EJ. Obviously you didn't want us to draft him but there's no way to say he's not a "real QB", yet anyway.

I'm not sure how you could arrive to that opinion on EJ. Obviously you didn't want us to draft him but there's no way to say he's not a "real QB", yet anyway.

Who cares at this point? We have little-to-no information on EJ and his progression. Should we wait 3.5 more years til we decide he doesn't have it? Or, if a QB we like is on the board next year, should we take him as assurances? I know what I'd do. This team is as "hole-less" as it is going to be for the next 2 years. Shore up some points, but get a QB. EJ has not earned us sticking with him next year because of the injury.

Who cares at this point? We have little-to-no information on EJ and his progression. Should we wait 3.5 more years til we decide he doesn't have it? Or, if a QB we like is on the board next year, should we take him as assurances? I know what I'd do. This team is as "hole-less" as it is going to be for the next 2 years. Shore up some points, but get a QB. EJ has not earned us sticking with him next year because of the injury.

So you don't want to wait 3.5 years you want to say EJ doesn't have it after 2 games? Brilliant idea. EJ hasn't earned us sticking with him, but he's earned being out as our QB? Brilliant!

So you don't want to wait 3.5 years you want to say EJ doesn't have it after 2 games? Brilliant idea. EJ hasn't earned us sticking with him, but he's earned being out as our QB? Brilliant!

I never said anything about EJ "not having it." I also didn't say trot him out there. Hang in there, buddy.

I'm not saying he doesn't have it, he very well might. But, like I said earlier, if we see a QB we ALSO really like this next draft, we should get him as well. I don't see the harm in it. We can't definitively say anything about EJ at this point. If he played all year, sure. But he isn't. We shouldn't hand the keys for 3 years to any QB at this point, just look at Gabbert/Locker. Hurt for half of their starting years, and no moves were made to other rookie QB's. Why not? Maybe Gabbert might've turned out nasty, but if they had gotten another QB, they could've had another chance of finding their "guy" instead of waiting too long because they didn't have a big enough body of work.

This team will grow in strength in the next couple years, but marginally compared to the last couple. Our defense is pretty good right now. Freddy, a huge part of our offense production and locker room, isn't getting any younger. Spiller is hurt, struggling, and is already 26. Our WR corp has SJ13 and a couple promising rookies. Our O-line is adequate. The DL is good, the secondary pretty good, and we have a couple actual LB's.

We have a couple players locked up, but by 2016, this roster may be completely different. I want to make sure that 2014 and 2015 we aren't still "looking for the guy." Taking a QB next year, even if he ends up backing EJ the franchise QB, couldn't really hurt us. And if EJ doesn't progress as we would hope, we have another option. It's really simple.

Can you name a position worthy of a first rounder next year, besides LG? RB? FS? What do need, absolutely need, to upgrade our record? I can name only one.

Edited by FireChan

I never said anything about EJ "not having it." I also didn't say trot him out there. Hang in there, buddy.

I'm not saying he doesn't have it, he very well might. But, like I said earlier, if we see a QB we ALSO really like this next draft, we should get him as well. I don't see the harm in it. We can't definitively say anything about EJ at this point. If he played all year, sure. But he isn't. We shouldn't hand the keys for 3 years to any QB at this point, just look at Gabbert/Locker. Hurt for half of their starting years, and no moves were made to other rookie QB's. Why not? Maybe Gabbert might've turned out nasty, but if they had gotten another QB, they could've had another chance of finding their "guy" instead of waiting too long because they didn't have a big enough body of work.

This team will grow in strength in the next couple years, but marginally compared to the last couple. Our defense is pretty good right now. Freddy, a huge part of our offense production and locker room, isn't getting any younger. Spiller is hurt, struggling, and is already 26. Our WR corp has SJ13 and a couple promising rookies. Our O-line is adequate. The DL is good, the secondary pretty good, and we have a couple actual LB's.

We have a couple players locked up, but by 2016, this roster may be completely different. I want to make sure that 2014 and 2015 we aren't still "looking for the guy." Taking a QB next year, even if he ends up backing EJ the franchise QB, couldn't really hurt us. And if EJ doesn't progress as we would hope, we have another option. It's really simple.

Can you name a position worthy of a first rounder next year, besides LG? RB? FS? What do need, absolutely need, to upgrade our record? I can name only one.

So in an effort to win now since our roster could be completely different in 2016 drafting a QB in the first round to maybe even back up EJ is the answer? That does sound simple. Simple minded.

So in an effort to win now since our roster could be completely different in 2016 drafting a QB in the first round to maybe even back up EJ is the answer? That does sound simple. Simple minded.

I see you dodged every point I made with an insult. Because you have no answer. And it's funny you'd even take the time to respond when you have nothing to say. Speaks volumes, really.

And yes, in an effort to win now. When do you wanna win? 2020?

Every one with a brain in their head can see these Bills could be a playoff contender with a solid QB. And instead of having one question mark at the position, we could have two.

Edited by FireChan

I know none of us know what level of sprain EJ has, but quality of care plays a big part in the healing process of a knee sprain. Im thinking he is getting excellent care and has to be close. Marrone has hinted to it. It seems thad is hurting and the thought of Tuel or Flynn starting Sunday makes me and im sure most of us very uneasy. I say EJ braces up the knee and plays. Isnt this what alot of players have done in the past? If we could squeek out a win against KC theres a decent chance to make a run. This team drives me nuts but damn I still love em.

A hurt Manuel against the best defense in the NFL?!?! Not only no, but HELL NO... let the man rest up and come in guns blazing against the Jests in 2 weeks.

I hear what your saying about the playoffs but just take a look at their remaining schedule after KC.

@ Pittsburgh

NYJ

ATL

@Tampa

@Jacksonville

Miami

@NE.

Honestly the only game until the NE game that they probably won't be favored in is @ Pittsburgh & that is probably a 3 point line & I think it is a winnable game. Win this game & I think they could go on a real run.

With Tuel as QB the only games we would be favored in is Tampa and Jacksonville

I see you dodged every point I made with an insult. Because you have no answer. And it's funny you'd even take the time to respond when you have nothing to say. Speaks volumes, really.

And yes, in an effort to win now. When do you wanna win? 2020?

Every one with a brain in their head can see these Bills could be a playoff contender with a solid QB. And instead of having one question mark at the position, we could have two.

I've heard many others saying this, now it's my time. Welcome to ignore list.

Would you be happy with a QB that when all was said and done had two Super Bowl rings, was a Super Bowl MVP and a couple of Pro Bowls?

Phil Simms early career, separated shoulder, broken thumb, and a knee injury. Simms was basically out for three of his first four years. An injury is not a reason to give up on a guy.

Do you want the guy to ruin his career for one game? Why is this thread even on the board.

There are some smart viewpoints on the board, this title is not one of them.

+1. I've had a LCL sprain. You feel like your knee will simply collapse. And it hurts like hell. Takes time for the ligament to heal as there is very little blood flow to a ligament. they have all kinds of acceleration methods with ultrasound, heat and other stimulations, but time is still the answer.

I understand the perspective to take another QB the BILLS really like because of the unknown with EJ, not to mention the frustration of seeing the constant merry-go-round of QBs they've had since Kelly retired...I get it...

But, there's also a thought process of saying, why take two QBs when you may have ONE that's the solution. And let's face it, taking a second QB, unless its in the 4th round or later is till a gamble and he may or may not pan out and then you've invested two high Draft choices in ONE position. As for other areas of need, and this is just my perspective, but there are a number of other issues for this team. One, is a big, physical WR...two, another monster LB...three, Um Offensive Line? and Lastly, the D Line is aging and we need to address that as well. I would prefer in next year's Draft to address, LB, Offensive Line and physical WR in that order from Rounds 1-3 first...now, if next year EJ has shown he just doesn't have it and has played the entire year and there's no progress or development, then I think you have a valid point of Drafting another QB high, i.e. Rounds 1 or 2..and as for injury risk, I think a knee is too problematic to risk your 1st Round QB going out there when this game will most likely NOT be decided by QB play, as the Chief's D is serious and their running game is outstanding....this game will be decided by the BILLS D and their ability to run the ball....essentially ball control and clock management with hopefully one turnover coupled with decent field position....EJ could throw for 350 yards, I don't think it would "decide" the win-loss....just in my mind.