Going to Nov 3 Chiefs game. R 1 year olds Free if on lap?

COACH85

Given the Chiefs status of the only unbeaten team left & the mindsight of at least most fans that this is the Bills last chance & a must win if they want to play any meaningfull games after Veterans day & have any impact in the wild card race, if the Bills are competitive the Ralph will be rocking Sunday afternoon.

This is the picture of our son who is "supposedly" putting his life on the line to see a Bills game.

See that, he's harmless! LOL

IMG_0611.png

and family

DSC03970.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although given the current state of the franchise it may be a bit subdued at 3-5 with a backup qb etc....

Yeah, I don't think so.

This is the picture of our son who is "supposedly" putting his life on the line to see a Bills game.

See that, he's harmless! LOL

IMG_0611.png

and family

DSC03970.jpg

Looks like he's ready to me!

Yeah, I don't think so.

i guess i was meaning people might not be expecting a win, and if its a loss this may be the end of the playoff hopes for many. unlike some years where that is met with anger, i think this year will be a bit less hostile when that crossroads is met.

i wasnt pointing towards it being preseason-esque, but perhaps not the peak of intensity either unless we come out firing and have a good shot at a win.

Funny how we've taken him to 3 baseball games, 1 football game, 2 hockey games and ALL HAVE BEEN POSITIVE, FUN AND UNEVENTFUL SITUATIONS.

Ask the people next to you how the experience was...I get the feeling that thought never crossed your mind.

Also, what the hell does a picture of your kid have to do with it? It seems like you're really trying hard to get positive feedback.

Edited by jeremy2020

Ask the people next to you how the experience was...I get the feeling that thought never crossed your mind.

Also, what the hell does a picture of your kid have to do with it? It seems like you're really trying hard to get positive feedback.

I can't ask the people next to me how the experience was, the game hasn't started yet. But according to you its already suppose to be a horrifying experience for them because of our 1 year old terror!

I can guarantee you if it was a 1 year old relative or close friends son of yours, and you knew the kid in a positive way, and the parents told you they were taking him, you wouldn't all be so ready to judge so negatively.

Edited by COACH85

P.S. I'm done responding to the negative feedback. Everyone has their own opinion. U never once heard me tell other people what they should or shouldn't do with their own child. Its their decision. I do TOTALLY APPRECIATE all the helpful members though who are supportive and trying to help make our experience great, YOU'RE AWESOME! Us three will see u at the Sabres and Bills this weekend!!! :) Hope the negative naysayers aren't sitting next to our brat! :)

P.S. I'm done responding to the negative feedback. Everyone has their own opinion. U never once heard me tell other people what they should or shouldn't do with their own child. Its their decision. I do TOTALLY APPRECIATE all the helpful members though who are supportive and trying to help make our experience great, YOU'RE AWESOME! Us three will see u at the Sabres and Bills this weekend!!! :) Hope the negative naysayers aren't sitting next to our brat! :)

I also hope i'm not sitting next to you also. Thanks for understanding!

Who said anything about your kid being a brat. He is probably a normal 1 year which is good. No 1 year old kid imo belongs @ the Ralph on gamed day & you will never say anything to convince me otherwise. But hey it is your kid, it is your perrogative. I honestly do hope you & your family have a great time at the game. Good luck to you!

Coach, i dont know why you bothered responding to any feedback. Your child, make the decision you think is best!

I see no issues with bringing the kid to the game. I would not have brought mine that young only cause i would not have wanted to have them there..when both of mine were one no way they just sitting on my lap for 3 hours. I would have been way to selfish to have to worry bout taking care of the kid. I only get to a few home games a year, and i just would not want a one year old with me.But if you want him with you...i think thats great!

OTOH, i started bringing my kids to games when they 4 and 6(they are 14 and 12 now), never had a worry. What are actually good seats for that age is the very top row of the upper deck as there is the walkway back there to get to the restrooms, and there is NEVER anyone back there and they can get up and run and play tag etc. I actually would not mind watching the game from up there as SRO ....

BTW, i have a bunch of kids going with me this weekend,with about 8 kids between 9-14, we will be at back ECC lot tailgating at 9 , so they have lots of room to play football and play catch with their lacrosse sticks etc. Most people on these board would chastise the hell out of me for bringing kids at this "impressionable" age...i say fug em, my kids absolutely love going to the games and we have never had issue 1...unless you count the occasional F bomb or drunk puking as an issue..i do not. Lets them see the difference between responsible use of alcohol and idiots.

My daughter will always remember the 20 something chick in line in front of her for the port o potty puking on herself, and th reaction of the guys she was with...needless to say a 13 year old seeing that tends to think getting drunk does nothing to add to your attractiveness...that image is with her for the next 10 years as she needs to make choices regarding alcohol and limits.

Edited by plenzmd1

Coach I get you are a proud father and want to do everything with your son. However not every environment is kid friendly, and a pro football game is one. People around you don;t want to have your baby infringing on their right to party it up at a game. You will be the first person on this frum Monday someone spilled a beer or bumped into your kid.

Want an analogy? I belong to a Harley forum, and Harley owners are even more obsessive about their bike than any child. Some guy thought it was a great experience to bring his bike to an NFL game and park in the lot. Got a real lot of advice not to do it. Comes out of the stadium to find it lying on its side with a lot of paint and metal damage. Great experience...............

Coach85,

Good for you for living your life and not just staying at home or sending him to stay somewhere because your son is so young. Any foul language he hears will not stay with him and I'm sure you and your wife will be on guard for potential problems around you and quickly get him out of there if he is causing a problem. Of the Bills games I have been to, it doesn't take long to figure out if there's going to be trouble close to you. Drunks are never subtle. With another youngster on the way, it's much easier to do this type of thing now so definitely take advantage but be careful. Glad your boy is able to behave so well, if I had brought mine at that age he had too much energy to sit still and I wouldn't have seen much of the game. Definitely let us know how it goes.

Exactly Gary! We knew that with our next due in March and the weather starting to get colder, this would be our last chance to attend a Bills and Sabres game for quite awhile. Taking 1 toddler to a pro game is tough enough, TWO WOULD BE TOO MUCH! Lol

I think part of the reason hes pretty well behaved is because he's just used to going now. Grant it that it hasn't been The Ralph but we will not be blind to what's going on around us. If we sense a bad situation around us, we will just have to remove ourselves from that area/situation. BUT I'm sure as heck not gonna give up on this being a positive experience with our child just because some other people say it will be. We will be looking to exchange our 7th row Lower Level seats though for Club Level seats if we can find a taker and pay them a reasonable difference. We don't mind moving back if it increases the chances of a better overall experience for our child.

Edited by COACH85

I can't ask the people next to me how the experience was, the game hasn't started yet. But according to you its already suppose to be a horrifying experience for them because of our 1 year old terror!

I can guarantee you if it was a 1 year old relative or close friends son of yours, and you knew the kid in a positive way, and the parents told you they were taking him, you wouldn't all be so ready to judge so negatively.

Dude it's awesome you're taking him to experience the Bills today. It's the 5% that sucks the fun out of the game at the stadium, the majority of people are awesome. Enjoy!!