What IF we do the unthinkable on Sunday?...

i mentioned this on another topic....

1. buffalo needs to make some plays (returns, turnovers, big pass/run plays

2. Buffalo needs to hold them to FGs instead of TDs

3. Marrone is more familiar with the offense of the Saints than other teams.

this game will be close where its a one score game in the 4th quarter coming down to the end of the game.

for Buffalo to win it would be something like a 25-22 victory where Buffalo holds them to 5 FGs and one TD...while they score 3 TDs + going for 2 on onw of them. One of Buffalo TDs either is a return TD from Defense or special teams or involves a big play by them giving Buffalo the ball inside the red zone.

Buffalo played well against NE losing on a last second FG, NO lost to NE on a last second TD, NE beat ATL on a late TD, and NO beat ATL on a last second TD...so Buffalo should be able to play with NO.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa there, Ace. Last time Payton lost in NOLA was Jan. 2, 2011.

Sorry, I should've added the modifier "in a meaningful game", as New Orleans was locked into the 5-seed by the time halftime hit, and pulled their starters in the 3rd quarter of that TB game you posted too...good catch though.

Sorry, I should've added the modifier "in a meaningful game", as New Orleans was locked into the 5-seed by the time halftime hit, and pulled their starters in the 3rd quarter of that TB game you posted too...good catch though.

I mean it's not to TOTALLY refute your claim. They haven't lost at home this year. And they didn't lose at all in 2011.

But the calendar thing is a bit skewed by that lil ole year-long suspension. :rolleyes:

When we win on Sunday I will be elated. I think Pettine will have something to stop the Saints, and I expect to see a lot of long balls to, of all people, TJ Graham mixed in with hard running by Freddie, Choice and Summers.

Sad to say the bills need a plus 2 turnover differential to stay close. If they pull it out it would only mean they won the turnover battle. That method of winning in unsustainable.

Don't you generally need to win the turnover battle? we have had issues against traditional running teams. The Saints are not one of those. I think we can stop Sproles and hit Brees enough.

I really do want to be optimistic. Plus if this Bills DID manage to win this game I would never let these people live it down. For some reason the Saints lose a home game every year that they have no business losing (KC last year, Cleveland a fees years back). It really makes no sense but they just are horrible at least once.

With that being said I just don't see it this week. They are coming off of a bye and a heartbreaking loss. They will be ready to go this week. I just have this awful gut feeling that this is the week where we just get thoroughly outplayed (like SF last year). I hope that I am wrong but that's the feeling I have.

So what happens Sunday if the Bills miraculously do the impossible, the unthinkable? Are we...BACK?!

That will be awesome! We will have our fourth win and can focus on our fifth win!

One game at a time, winning as many as we can. Making the playoffs would be crazy cool, but even being in the hunt until late and getting to 8-8 would be a huge step forward in year 1 of the regime with the QB situation and injuries. To do ANY of that we need to win a fourth game, and the later we get in the season before doing it the harder the rest becomes.

I think the 3 games after the Saints are far more important. If we lose to the Saints, I couldn't give a darn. I personally think they are on par with (or better than) the Seahawks and 49ers. Not to mention we are on the road with Spiller unlikely to play, leaving Freddy with most of the work - with his nagging injury, this isn't a good idea.

Point is, if we win, AWESOME. But I'm not getting my hopes up. What will be most important is can we beat the Chiefs at the Ralph? Can we get revenge on the Jets? If we win 2-3 games going into the bye, we will be in playoff contention.

I always EXPECT to win .

Coach Marrone taught me that.

Another reason i dont care for projecting W/L, either the game or the season. Or spread etc in regard to Bills

Why ever consider defeat ?

I dont get that.

Saints are in my opinion " the Biggest challenge this year " . But they also have weaknesse to be exploited. Discuss...

This one could be wild. Some of us are still taking Tums after the roiling Miami game .

I can hardly wait for sunday.

Lets go Bills!