For those of you whining about coaching

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with Chip Kelly?

Im not the biggest Andy Reid fan but you cant deny the job he is doing although he did luck out with good defensive personel already in place. He is back to what worked for him early in his career with the eagles before he became pass happy...good defense, solid offense with a strong running game

And once again the Bills keep it close! If they win or lose they are in every game! Whine all you want about coaching, I will give Marone a pass ALL season, this guy is a rookie coach and he has his players ready every game. It has been a longggg time since any of us could say that.

Jauron had his players ready and they loved him.

I'm impressed with Pettine and will hate when he probably jumps ship soon for a better job. Otherwise, jury is out.

Players loved Jauron because he was a "nice guy." There is a reason why he wasn't a successful head coach - he is better off as a DC.

The Eagles have battled injuries also.

Did you see Barkley? 50 Shades of Tuel yesterday...

I have no problem with Marrone being an aggressive coach before halftime and trying to score. Isn't the offenses job to socre points?

How many threads were on here when Dickie J would run out the clock with 3 time outs and 2 mins before halftime? Being aggressive is a good thing

being aggressive is one thing but when your up 17-7 in the 1st half on your own 20 yard line with a 4th string QB on the road against a great secondary, you run the ball hoping to get a first down. if you get a first down then you can start being aggressive. in my opinion theres a fine line of being aggressive and stupidity and I think he crossed it

I have no problem with Marrone being an aggressive coach before halftime and trying to score. Isn't the offenses job to socre points?

How many threads were on here when Dickie J would run out the clock with 3 time outs and 2 mins before halftime? Being aggressive is a good thing

Big time difference between losing and running out the clock versus up 10 and being aggressive. Not to difficult to understand IMO!

whats wrong with Chip Kelly?

Im not the biggest Andy Reid fan but you cant deny the job he is doing although he did luck out with good defensive personel already in place. He is back to what worked for him early in his career with the eagles before he became pass happy...good defense, solid offense with a strong running game

You mean Martyball? Doesn't that mean you go 14-2 and lose your first playoff game?

And I hate that I have to shamlessly wave this flag again: but comparing this team to Jauron's because they were in games too is foolish. Why? Because the fact that Jauron's teams WERE in games was a testament his abilities as a coach.

Yep. I said it then, and I'll say it again and again and again: Jauron's coaching was NOT the problem when he was in Buffalo. Are we forgetting about a roster awash with such talented players as John DiGorgio, Ko Simpson, Ashton Youboty, Anthony Cromwell, Ryan Denney, Chris Villarial, Robert Royal...JP LOSMAN!?

if they score a td there its 24-7 and we in pretty good control of the game with 1:42 you try to move it, planned on winning with 17 ?

Being aggressive when you have a lead is not inherently wrong, and that's the point a lot of people keep missing.

right, but when youve sputtered, are on the road, using an emergency qb, have both backs dinged up, and have lost momentum AND are 50 yards away from field goal range even.... it seems like a time to play for the half to regroup, make a few adjustments and hopefully get some points on the first drive after the half.

Look on the bright side, we could have hired Chip Kelly

Great post. Yes, I agree. After seven games coaching a team that was 4-12 last year, it is obvious that Chip Kelly cannot coach in the NFL. He should be fired, as should any coach who is 3-4.

right, but when youve sputtered, are on the road, using an emergency qb, have both backs dinged up, and have lost momentum AND are 50 yards away from field goal range even.... it seems like a time to play for the half to regroup, make a few adjustments and hopefully get some points on the first drive after the half.

I don't disagree. But that's not to say there's no benefit in squelching your division opponent's momentum, on the road, when you know you get the ball back to start the second half.

I only disagree with the premise that the aggression was wrong. Both options have upside/downside. And in both cases, failure to execute produces the downside.

I don't disagree. But that's not to say there's no benefit in squelching your division opponent's momentum, on the road, when you know you get the ball back to start the second half.

I only disagree with the premise that the aggression was wrong. Both options have upside/downside. And in both cases, failure to execute produces the downside.

right, but its possible to argue one, even with foresight was probably the better choice. if a back does break a tackle and gets a big gain, sure.... but the risk/reward going for it there is an awfully stacked ratio (and not in the good direction). could we have gotten lucky, sure. we also couldve gotten lucky running the ball.

a bad choice that works out doesnt make it the right choice necessarily and id argue that wasnt the place to push it even if they scored.