A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

11) There should have been more called running plays to Lewis. Period. I won't back down on this and I blame Marrone.

I noticed this on your pre-game thread too, and my feeling is that 1. if Lewis gets injured we are back to Jeff Tuel, and 2. Lewis already has a sprained foot, and the full extent of his injury is not really known to us. I'm going to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here. With that being said, I think he can be a very effective weapon if used this way, and I hope we see some designed run (or at least option) plays next week against NO.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Aaron Williams played his ass off today and I for one appreciate this.

2) Dareus recorded 4 tackles and 2 assists, but imo he didn't play so well. He provided vey little push up the middle.

3) Marrone is a horror show. I am sorry, but he is. Before the deuce at the half, he cost us 7 points. This is not the first time he has hurt us before the half. And really, are you looking at him? Does he not look lost? Please list coaches that you think are worse than him.

4) Mario is just great. Seriously, the man is GREAT!!!!! He took over this game and won us a divisional game on the road. This is what is supposed to happen with players on whom a team invests their most resources. It was wonderful to see this fantastic player play at such a high level, no?

5) If anybody wants to sing the praises of Gilmore, please do. That said, I loved what I saw from Robey!!!

6) Kyle Williams recovered the fumble, but he was not all that impressive. I am thinking that the Bills gave up a bit too much up the middle. I don't know what his story is.

7) Sun went down in honey,

Moon came up in wine.

Stars were spinnin' dizzy,

Lord, the band kept us so busy,

We forgot about the time.

They're a band beyond description

Like Jehovah's favorite choir.

People joinin' hand in hand

While the music plays the band.

Lord, they're setting us on fire!!!

8) Robert Woods didn't have great numbers today, but I am just SO impressed with this kid. I feel like he is always helping this football team.

10) Granted, Choice and SJ had brutal drops in the first quarter, but both missed passes appeared to have been forced and lacking in touch.

11) There should have been more called running plays to Lewis. Period. I won't back down on this and I blame Marrone.

12) Kudos to McKelvin for playing what I think was the best game of his life.

13) Congrats to my Bills friends!!!!!!!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teams have been running right at Kyle for years and generally with good success. Yesterday I focused on him for 6 or so plays and he was double teamed on at least three of them and yes he moved out of the way rather easily. Another observation was our LBs (Kiko included) seem too easy to block as well. None appeared to have any real block shedding ability.

I noticed this on your pre-game thread too, and my feeling is that 1. if Lewis gets injured we are back to Jeff Tuel, and 2. Lewis already has a sprained foot, and the full extent of his injury is not really known to us. I'm going to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here. With that being said, I think he can be a very effective weapon if used this way, and I hope we see some designed run (or at least option) plays next week against NO.

Lewis is tough to not like. He seems to be a smart quarterback. Call me crazy, but my favorite offensive play of the game was the 18 yard (I think) completion to Lee Smith. Good quarterbacks are able to utilize a slew of options.

Lewis has the ability to run. Because Manuel is hurt, I see little risk in the Bills using this weapon. We both know that the goal is to win football games. We cannot count on Mario to win us every game, as good as he is. The Bills have speed at wr, as well as two very good possession receivers. That said, Spiller is very talented but seemingly injured as I pointed out in the OP. Freddie got beat up too, and to his credit came back in.

I have a problem forsaking a valuable weapon such as a young, mobile qb running the football.

My tone wasn't great. My point is that this team has talent in my opinion. We cannot afford mismanagement of the clock, nor failing to utilize the talent we have in order to win games.

Again, let's win football games!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll bite on the "Coaches worse than Marrone" list:

Schiano - not a soul on earth can argue this one

Philbin - our team looked more prepared yesterday than his

John Harbaugh - what happened to this team? From Superbowl Champs to losing at Buffalo, at Miami, and at 1-5 Pittsburgh

Gary Kubiak - waaaaay too talented a team to have 2 wins

Bradley - Rod Marinelli's 0-16 Lions team would be Bradley's Jags by 2 TDs; seriously

Allen - that Raiders team is a hot mess

Frazier - when you have to bring in a new starting QB--and NOT due to injury--mid-season, that tells me you horribly misjudged/mismanaged the position

Coughlin - I don't care how many injuries you have; with guys like Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Myers on offense and Tuck, JPP, Webster, Amukamara, Kiwanuka on defense, it's deplorable that they haven't won a game

And I left off the debatable guys like Arians, Shanahan, Munchak, Chudzkinski, Kelly, Mike Smith, and Jeff Fischer--all of whom have equal or greater talent on their teams than Marrone and aren't getting the job done.

John Fox. I will add that he is overhyped. Maybe not better then Marrone but he is over hyped. In Carolina he could not win a thumb wrestling match. The guy was quick to do the same thing over again and was much like Jauron with the play not to lose philosophy while imploring an overly aggressive defense that had all the sting of a rubber band.

I am sure they were reluctant to expose Lewis with planned runs given he was injured in the last game. The guy was gutting it out as it was Gilmore is playing great given the situation. Dareus had a great game, as did Mario. They needed the defense to win this game and they did. Stats do to matter. The defense dominated when it counted

3) Marrone is a horror show. I am sorry, but he is. Before the deuce at the half, he cost us 7 points. This is not the first time he has hurt us before the half. And really, are you looking at him? Does he not look lost? Please list coaches that you think are worse than him.

Bill from NYC just jumped the shark.

It was fun while it lasted, Bill.

Edited by alias

Bill from NYC just jumped the shark.

It was fun while it lasted, Bill.

Oh he jumped the shark a long time ago. This absolute nonsense about how we should've run the ball up the middle 3 times and burned an extra 15 seconds and their timeouts- YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. That is not how winning teams play football. For one, it's dated. It's 1980's football. In 2013, a minute is an eternity. Schopp and the Bulldog (like them or hate them, whatever) went on an absolute tirade about this the other day. If they ran the ball 3 times, you'd have EVEN MORE people- including me- criticizing them for playing scared. We're up by 10? Good. Let's go to halftime up by 13. As if 17 points was gonna be enough to win that game. I want a coach that says, hey go get us some more points. We got 1:47, THAT'S PLENTY OF TIME FOR US TO SCORE. Anyone who calls that clock mismanagement is an old curmudgeon who doesn't understand analytics, probability and the NFL in 2013. Alright I'm done.

Precisely. I watched the game at a bar with a small TV in the corner with no sound, hungover as the dickens and then, by the second half, drunk as the dickens and the first thing I said to my friend after we won was, Dareus was our best player today. I was wrong, Mario Williams was, but to say he "didn't play so well" makes me wonder what game this guy was watching. And again, I'm a huge Grateful Dead fan...

Lewis is tough to not like. He seems to be a smart quarterback. Call me crazy, but my favorite offensive play of the game was the 18 yard (I think) completion to Lee Smith. Good quarterbacks are able to utilize a slew of options.

Lewis has the ability to run. Because Manuel is hurt, I see little risk in the Bills using this weapon. We both know that the goal is to win football games. We cannot count on Mario to win us every game, as good as he is. The Bills have speed at wr, as well as two very good possession receivers. That said, Spiller is very talented but seemingly injured as I pointed out in the OP. Freddie got beat up too, and to his credit came back in.

I have a problem forsaking a valuable weapon such as a young, mobile qb running the football.

My tone wasn't great. My point is that this team has talent in my opinion. We cannot afford mismanagement of the clock, nor failing to utilize the talent we have in order to win games.

Again, let's win football games!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!! Edited by metzelaars_lives

disagree. 7 games is plenty of time. Fire the bum! The Bills would be 7-0 with a good coach.

Actually I was ready to fire Chan the minute he was announced and would have fired Jauron after year 1, but I'm seeing some good things in Marrone. As far as the Bills coaching situation I was in the early fire contingent for everyone after Wade Phillips. I am liking this guy so far, although I expect no more than a six to eight win season this year.