My open letter to you all

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to read something more on the positive side. In the last decade plus, there really hasn't been a lot to celebrate around here. My passion for Bills football is equally shared by my three year old son. I only get to watch them on Tv when they play the Patsies. He will stand in front of the TV and shout Let's go Buffalo, while wearing his Bills jersey. ( We have to pry it off of him to wash it.) Makes me proud. I tell my kids how good the Bills use to be, And hopefully some day, they will witness Bills greatness for their own memories. LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Good parenting. Growing up as a Bills fan builds strong character :thumbsup:

Great post CBF!..being a Bills fan really does transcend sports, it's more about being a part of a community, a large extended family. I moved away from Buffalo years ago, but in my heart never left. I live close to Miami now,and try to attend the annual "Squish The Fish" game. I usually get my tickets on the cheap off craigslist the week of the game, so I sit somewhere different every time. But it does not matter which section I sit in, there will always be Bills fans close by, to high five after a play, to sing the shout song with after the Bills score. Or someone who has your back when a Dolphin fan talks smack. We won't know each other, hell it don't even matter if they are from Buffalo. But when they have on the colors of your team, there is an instant bond. ( it's always great when we win and we have Miami fans giving us directions back to Buffalo!)..My Dad lives close by, and every Sunday it's our tradition to get together and watch the Bills games. We hoot, and holler, B word, and moan. And it don't matter if they win or lose. Because there's no other place I'd rather be on a Sunday, then with my Dad watching the game. Except maybe tailgating at the Ralph with all of you fine folks!...Go Bills!

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to the Ralph.

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 9am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I have made the horrendous mistake of going to a Bills game in Toronto. After almost filing for bankruptcy(kidding) after paying the enormous ticket prices, the closest thing there was to tailgating was having a hot dog and a Coke outside of the Rogers Centre (yes us Canadians spell it Centre rather than Center lol)

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family.

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

I am a Canadian bills fan from Mississauga myself and I agree with everything you just said. great post

I liked your post. Thank you for contributing.

The Toronto series would be immediately improved by getting rid of the domed football experience. The Bills do not play home football games in central air conditioning.

Born and raised in Buffalo. There day one with the Bill's. When I lived in Waterloo[ Big N ] days we left at 8 and still had tgate time. Loved Cqnadian Beer. Still do. Bringss back so many great times. 68 and outside of Albany now so can't enjoy likeI used to. Have friends in the area that have season tickets and go to every game. They love it.

Enjoy

Great post CBF! I grew up in Buffalo (actually Hamburg) and couldn't agree more on the fond memories. I've lived in Tampa for 22 years, and just took my 14 and 12 yr old boys to the home opener with the patriots. It was an incredible family weekend, and at the game it was so electric, my boys went nuts. My middle told me in adulation when the guy behind us was throwing him up in the air whenever we had a big play. He says and quote "this is nothing like a Bucs game. Holy cow!" Well the next question was "Dad, can we please come up every year for on game?" Well, I knew this was a special memory so raising another generation of true Bills fans in Tampa, and next time I'm taking them to a December game, hopefully we're contending for the playoffs next year.

As a fellow Canuck, albeit one transplanted to the PNW, I endorse this post fully. I have fantastic memories of my father and I sharing our love of the Bills, going to the Ralph, and wearing Bills paraphanelia (including Zubaz) to school and getting grief from dumbasses with Raiders and Skins Starter jackets. Southwestern Ontario is a great place to grow up, but Sundays with our Bills make all the difference to this very day. Thank you fellow Bills fans! You make this world a better place.