Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

So can you all please help me out with the 2 issues I raised?

I think the activity near the fence has increased because of the person feeding them rats. It's caused them to be more agitated knowing theres food inside, where previously they were more docile unless they saw people nearby. But I agree that they should be thinning the herd.

In the past the walkers have shown they aren't very adept at climbing, plus there weren't any humans on the roof to go after, so the group wouldn't think they would be up there. I assume the walkers on the roof were from the crashed helicopter, and the helicopter weakened the roof when it crashed. Some of the debris and possible fire could have damaged the roof to allow rain water to penetrate and rot it.

Wait until this week. The preview on Talking Dead showed Daryl and others in a car coming upon a herd of walkers coming their way that Greg Nicatero said had over 7000 walkers.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the activity near the fence has increased because of the person feeding them rats. It's caused them to be more agitated knowing theres food inside, where previously they were more docile unless they saw people nearby. But I agree that they should be thinning the herd.

In the past the walkers have shown they aren't very adept at climbing, plus there weren't any humans on the roof to go after, so the group wouldn't think they would be up there. I assume the walkers on the roof were from the crashed helicopter, and the helicopter weakened the roof when it crashed. Some of the debris and possible fire could have damaged the roof to allow rain water to penetrate and rot it.

Wait until this week. The preview on Talking Dead showed Daryl and others in a car coming upon a herd of walkers coming their way that Greg Nicatero said had over 7000 walkers.

hmmm....

Excellent answers to both! Thank you! :beer:

It does bother me that they are not busy all the time. When they showed the outside and nobody is around, it irked me. Thinning the herd, gardening, reinforcing, etc... whatever needs to be done!

Another thing that bothers me is the burying of the dead. Everyone is infected. Yet they bury people and grow crops right near them. That could be the cause of the infection. I think the governor had the right idea in burning them all.

I by no means am quitting the show. It is certainly interesting as I love the what would I/we do conversations between the wife and I. Her - "What would you do if I turned into a zombie" Me - "I'd shoot you in the :censored: head!!!" ahhh Married life :P

And the mystery person feeding rats to the walkers. I hope it is someone trying to sabotage the prison and not just one of those stupid little girls who was treating the walkers like pets.

As for the mystery killer, it has to be one of the two guys with medical training, the new doctor and the alcoholic guy. Those are the only ones who are really going to understand just how bad this virus could be.

My vote is on the stupid little girl,.

but I'm open to a Woodburry anarchist

Very good episode this week; how does Rick deal w/ Carol now? There's no way he can keep that quiet or it could all come back to blow up in his face. What she did was cold-blooded, plain and simple.

Given their small numbers, I think he might keep it to himself and tell Tyrese it was one of the people who have since died from the flu.

Given their small numbers, I think he might keep it to himself and tell Tyrese it was one of the people who have since died from the flu.

It's not in Rick's nature to accede to the cold-blooded killing of innocent victims, so I don't see this happening. I'm guessing Carol becomes zombified before Rick has an opportunity to do anything about it, and when she dies the issue is resolved.

It's not in Rick's nature to accede to the cold-blooded killing of innocent victims, so I don't see this happening. I'm guessing Carol becomes zombified before Rick has an opportunity to do anything about it, and when she dies the issue is resolved.

I can't see Carol getting killed off this early

It's not like they were healthy people she killed, they were among the first to get sick, and some since have zombified, so Rick may not like it, but it's part of the new world rules. She did it for the greater good.

I hate to break the news to them, but antibiotics won't have any effect on a flu bug. :doh:

That bothered me too, but at least later when they were looking at the list of items they needed from the vet hospital zanamivir was pointed out which is an actual influenza antiviral.....that needs to be administered within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms to be effective.

That bothered me too, but at least later when they were looking at the list of items they needed from the vet hospital zanamivir was pointed out which is an actual influenza antiviral.....that needs to be administered within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms to be effective.

Ah, good catch...I didn't even see that!

Do they even know it is a flu at this point? They pretty much have to cover all their bases and get anything they can. But anyway, I could see people in a panic situation like this (as if there would be some realistic panic moment anything like this one) not having any clue what they actually need.

But hey, that massive zombie herd was pretty damn cool. There's one thing that could definitely bring down the prison if it ever moved that way.

Do they even know it is a flu at this point? They pretty much have to cover all their bases and get anything they can. But anyway, I could see people in a panic situation like this (as if there would be some realistic panic moment anything like this one) not having any clue what they actually need.

But hey, that massive zombie herd was pretty damn cool. There's one thing that could definitely bring down the prison if it ever moved that way.

I don't think they have confirmed it on the show, but they could have looked to get a flu lateral flow test kit (works like a pregnancy test) from the hospital to know for sure...maybe that was one of the other items on the list since they have doctors there and that would be an obvious thing to ask for. On one of the talking deads a writer did say that it is indeed an extremely virulent flu that has broken out at the prison and that they modeled it after the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic that ended up killing a lot of young, healthy people.

I could be wrong, or not remembering this correctly, but didn' the doctor who was quaranteened and helping patients over there, say something to someone, at some point, like "do you think it is time to tell them?" Implying that this really isn't a flu outbreak.

That was cool...but this will be the true test for me, as to whether this show has truly picked up its' game, after 3 solid episodes...it seems, in the past, every time they have a "stunning" end like that, it always fizzles out into nothing...

That was cool...but this will be the true test for me, as to whether this show has truly picked up its' game, after 3 solid episodes...it seems, in the past, every time they have a "stunning" end like that, it always fizzles out into nothing...

Something has to come of it. They said the vet clinic they were headed to was 50 miles away. They sure as hell aren't walking back.

Something has to come of it. They said the vet clinic they were headed to was 50 miles away. They sure as hell aren't walking back.

Lets hope is more than just a long, drawn out (poorly choregrahed), battle with a gross zombie kill or two...then back to where we were. That has been the tendancy in the past... I am holding out hope though...the first string of three really good episodes in a long time...holding out hope for the season.

Edited by Buftex

Lets hope is more than just a long, drawn out (poorly choregrahed), battle with a gross zombie kill or two...then back to where we were. That has been the tendancy in the past...

It'll never happen, but I would like to see how long Morgan's defenses would last against a herd like that.

Another good episode last night! Glad I was right about Rick/Carol -- he did what he needed to do and I liked the way it was handled. It will be interesting to see the reaction back at the prison to the news.