Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

I think tomorrow night at St. Louis will be the true test of whether or not they've turned the corner...

...wait, this thread is about the Sabres, right?

See "skating turd" thread!

This one probably will be the classic case of building up a character right before you kill him off. We get one more episode of him next week and then we're at the half season finale. So we'll get some sort of fire fight and then the prison will probably be no more.

I don't think so...they spent a whole entire episode on his story, introduced a whole new family of characters, and then had him "reunite" with his old constituents...it looks like next week is all governer all the time as well... something tells me this is going to be a major development for all the characters on the show, new and old.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so...they spent a whole entire episode on his story, introduced a whole new family of characters, and then had him "reunite" with his old constituents...it looks like next week is all governer all the time as well... something tells me this is going to be a major development for all the characters on the show, new and old.

This is why I might tend to agree with shrader. If the gov'nah had been allowed to build something with his "new" family then perhaps he could seek redemption from RIck & company, but meeting up with his old cohorts screams "shootout at the O,K. Corral" in a week or so.

This is why I might tend to agree with shrader. If the gov'nah had been allowed to build something with his "new" family then perhaps he could seek redemption from RIck & company, but meeting up with his old cohorts screams "shootout at the O,K. Corral" in a week or so.

Maybe....but that would disappoint me, and be a return to the old sub-par writing...they spent a bit of time, before this episode, remindnig us that Michone still has an ax to grind with the governor.

I tend to think the gov is actually a "changed man" who will be humbled and be looking for forgiveness...remember, though his Woodbury guys abondoned him to a bunch of walkers, they didn't off him when he shot down a bunch of their friends from Woodbury. You both might be right, but (what look to be) two entire episodes spent on a character that we might have just assumed was long dead, just to bring him back and kill him, would seem sort of pointless...he may eventually be killed, but I don't think it is happening any time soon...or at least not this season.

I think Martinez and the other guy (what is his name) thought that the Gov would have been dead pretty quick because he was in a position where he was not mentally strong enough to defend himself. Martinez knows what he is capable of. I would think a mentally strong no longer "GOV" Brian is an asset to Bossman Martinez.

Edited by Security

And if he is still with that family, he is very likely not standing near the gates of the prison all by himself at the end of the previous episode. That family is not long for this earth. They'll be dead next week.

And if he is still with that family, he is very likely not standing near the gates of the prison all by himself at the end of the previous episode. That family is not long for this earth. They'll be dead next week.

Your probably right...I am always wrong about this stuff! :lol:

Going to see Emily Kinney play some music from her recent release (I guess less than a month ago) at a pretty cool music venue in the Atlanta area called Eddie's Attic. She is cute young and blond Beth Greene! I have seen some of the folks before, never walked up to them, but I guess much of the cast will be there. Wife got free tickets.

AN EVENING WITH EMILY KINNEY

http://www.eddiesatt...th-emily-kinney

Edited by Security

Going to see Emily Kinney play some music from her recent release (I guess less than a month ago) at a pretty cool music venue in the Atlanta area called Eddie's Attic. She is cute young and blond Beth Greene! I have seen some of the folks before, never walked up to them, but I guess much of the cast will be there. Wife got free tickets.

AN EVENING WITH EMILY KINNEY

http://www.eddiesatt...th-emily-kinney

She can sing...

I have to say, I am stunned by the level of improved writing this season, so far. I was really kind of dreading the return of the governer (I really hated that whole story line, and just did not "feel" the character at all), but this weeks episode was really engrossing. It seems like there has been a real emphasis on fleshing out the characters, which wasn't really a priority before....I am still thinking Carol is going to be back at some point...she was one of the few characters, prior to this season, who had any sort of real back-story early on...from the looks of next week though, looks like another governor-centric episose...no sighting of Rick and co...

I wasn't real keen on having him back either, but it ended up being one of my favorite episodes of the series. I also thought the backgammon-playing walker was one of the most creative and memorable yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad "mid-season finale" (so silly), but I think it was the weakest episode of the season so far... don't know what it is, but whenever they have long, drawn-out action sequences, they seem sort of poorly directed, to me...like there is no intenstiy to them..there is all this build up, and then little payoff....all in all, a very strong season, but hopefully, that is the last battle scene for a while....too bad we have to wait til February to see what happens next.

Was so sad to see that you know who died (in case some people havent seen the episode)

Agreed...it was something I had thought would happen a season or two ago...but still sad to see it happen.

It did feel like the battle was rushed.

I remember seeing 20 minutes left and thought "the battle hasnt started yet?"

Only fifty yards from the fence to the courtyard, how long do you think it would take the tank to cover that ground?

Never been in a shoot out, but I think most times it's over rater quick.

Only fifty yards from the fence to the courtyard, how long do you think it would take the tank to cover that ground?

Never been in a shoot out, but I think most times it's over rater quick.

For me, it isn't so much how quick it is, just the "choreography" of the scene...it always seems choppy, disjointed, and not as intense as I think they want it to seem... I would imagine it takes some firne directing skills for something like that, and it is the one area where the show, for me, conistantly comes up short...I still enjoyed the show, but I am kind of glad the prison/governer story is now complete...I guess the greatest takeaway from it is that Rick, Michon, etc have managed to find their humanity again... I have to believe that Carol will be back on the show at some point....

For me, it isn't so much how quick it is, just the "choreography" of the scene...it always seems choppy, disjointed, and not as intense as I think they want it to seem... I would imagine it takes some firne directing skills for something like that, and it is the one area where the show, for me, conistantly comes up short...I still enjoyed the show, but I am kind of glad the prison/governer story is now complete...I guess the greatest takeaway from it is that Rick, Michon, etc have managed to find their humanity again... I have to believe that Carol will be back on the show at some point....

Yeah, but they are trying to follow each character in the battle.

I suppose I'll do spoiler space, but IMO, if you don't want spoilers you shouldnt be in this thread:

when it became clear that they were going to have to fight, and that fighting would cause the loss of the prison no matter what, that Hershall and Michonne were likely going to die, why not just have someone sharpshooter the Governer and the tank operator? the whole assault would have fallen apart. So dumb...

I suppose I'll do spoiler space, but IMO, if you don't want spoilers you shouldnt be in this thread:

when it became clear that they were going to have to fight, and that fighting would cause the loss of the prison no matter what, that Hershall and Michonne were likely going to die, why not just have someone sharpshooter the Governer and the tank operator? the whole assault would have fallen apart. So dumb...

I was yelling for Carl to pull the trigger.

shooting the guy on top of the tank doesn't stop the guy in the tank

and I was hoping the Gov became a walker first. Was it a mercy shot or a look what you did to my baby revenge shot?

I was yelling for Carl to pull the trigger.

Carl wanted to but he was told to wait because it was a long shot with his rifle.

and on Talking Dead it was revealed that Hershall was almost killed off at least 2 times.