Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

Maybe thats why they're so dirty looking. I don't understand how they haven't run out of ammo yet. Also the food. They were eating cereal that had to be at least 2-3 years old, dry. Can you imagine how stale that would be?

For a zombie show, it isn't very realistic, huh? :lol:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5 years was mentioned in an interview on-line or during talking dead.

If you want a time line you have the 9 months that Lori is pregnant with Judith. Now add that to whatever her current age is. Then you have the unknown time between when Rick was in the hospital and he woke up. That couldn't have been very long or else he wouldn't have survived. You might have to take a month or two off of that time depending on whether or not Shane is the father. 1.5 years does sound reasonable.

The first two seasons played out fairly continuously. There was an unseen time gap between seasons 2 and 3, but Lori was pregnant over that time. So at most there's 9 months there. Then there's the gap between seasons 3 and 4, which can be figured out by guessing how old Judith is.

Edited by shrader

Great episode! It was awesome finally hearing Daryl's backstory. Just an average unlucky guy that was sort of resigned to the cards life dealt him. Just bumming around with Merle. I'm glad they didn't try to glamorize it. It makes me like him even more hearing that, and then realizing that when the going got tough, his true character came out. Which is his loyal and compassionate nature.

Beth impressed me too. She's showing she is tougher than I previously thought. I think it was a pretty cathartic episode for her and Daryl. The way she got Daryl to open up and thus release his guilt for not doing more to protect the prison was a great way to build a stronger relationship between the two.

Btw. Holy crap he wasn't playing around when he said she needed a real first drink. Moonshine! Talk about starting out on the expert level. Makes me feel like a sissy. My first drink was at a wedding when I was 12. My cousin was 18, and she let me drink her Fuzzy Navels when no one was looking.

Edit: Just kidding. My real first drink was still when I was 12, and it was ummm....whiskey...yeah it was whiskey...and I drank it out of a dirty glass too! Totally not a sissy... totally.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Hey-ooooo! Another person joins the thread again finally! To Your question, not really. What similarities are you seeing?

Btw. Norman Reedus was on the Tonight Show last night. It's always weird watching actors who portray super masculine characters do interviews and come off exactly the opposite. Especially in Norman's case where his other famous role was in Boondock Saints.

Anyone else notice similarities between Walking Dead and Lost? I've been picking up on things since season 2.

They never address toilet use on TV - ever notice Jack Bauer never once had to go to the can in 5 seasons of '24' even though they followed him in real time?

Did anyone else thing about this conversation when watching Sunday's episode?

Hey-ooooo! Another person joins the thread again finally! To Your question, not really. What similarities are you seeing?

Btw. Norman Reedus was on the Tonight Show last night. It's always weird watching actors who portray super masculine characters do interviews and come off exactly the opposite. Especially in Norman's case where his other famous role was in Boondock Saints.

You know it's more of a feel than anything else. Maggie and Glen remind me of Sun and Jin, the CDC reminded me of the hatch, Jack and Rick both have that flawed leader thing going for them. The Governers peeps reminded me of the others and the way the some of the others were absorbed into the main story line has happened with the Walking Dead.

Again I know that some things are kind of a stretch but I just have the same feel with WD as I did w Lost.

You know it's more of a feel than anything else. Maggie and Glen remind me of Sun and Jin, the CDC reminded me of the hatch, Jack and Rick both have that flawed leader thing going for them. The Governers peeps reminded me of the others and the way the some of the others were absorbed into the main story line has happened with the Walking Dead.

Again I know that some things are kind of a stretch but I just have the same feel with WD as I did w Lost.

I can see the Jack-Rick comparison. When you brought it up, I thought of how last season there were a ton of extras and none were really involved except to die or carry dead bodies when cleaning up. It reminded me of an episode of Lost where one of the extras brought up how ridiculous it was that the small group was always going on crazy missions while the rest just chilled in camp. At least I think it was a Lost episode, it's possible it was a parody.

I can see the Jack-Rick comparison. When you brought it up, I thought of how last season there were a ton of extras and none were really involved except to die or carry dead bodies when cleaning up. It reminded me of an episode of Lost where one of the extras brought up how ridiculous it was that the small group was always going on crazy missions while the rest just chilled in camp. At least I think it was a Lost episode, it's possible it was a parody.

It was Lost. Maybe Arntz or the couple that stole the diamonds. I can't remember which.

It was Lost. Maybe Arntz or the couple that stole the diamonds. I can't remember which.

Thanks. I thought it could have been a parody because I remember it cracking me up.

I have never watched "Lost", so not sure of the comparisons. But, I will say, I enjoy "Walking Dead" pretty well...when I have had issues with the show, it has generally been from poor writing and poor character development. It seems the writers this season (the first half, and then the few since it has returned) have been taking pains to give the characters more depth. It is a welcome change, for me.

I have never watched "Lost", so not sure of the comparisons. But, I will say, I enjoy "Walking Dead" pretty well...when I have had issues with the show, it has generally been from poor writing and poor character development. It seems the writers this season (the first half, and then the few since it has returned) have been taking pains to give the characters more depth. It is a welcome change, for me.

Agreed. I always love when we get to see Daryl being a badass but this episode was great for his development. Beth's too.

I find it so stupid that Daryl and Beth both got drunk.

You would think that you would want to be sober and alert when there are flesh eating zombies every where you go

I didn't have a problem with it really. They were shut up in the cabin pretty good. They wouldn't need to worry about walkers getting in. Houses are generally safe from walkers. It's people that are/were the real problem for the survivor's in houses. Like the guys that Rick had hiding out last week.

I find it so stupid that Daryl and Beth both got drunk.

You would think that you would want to be sober and alert when there are flesh eating zombies every where you go

Its too strange those two.

I keep waiting for Beth to want to "get closer" to Daryl and they teased it again yesterday (up to that point)

and whats with Bob?

What's with the mortician? Kidnapping Beth? Anyone else think that those dudes that found Darryl are the same ones that chased Rick out of the house?

Same group. the guy Daryl punched was on the porch.

2014-02-24-walking-dead-27.jpg

Edited by Gary M

Poor dog. It had to of been eaten by walkers.............OR HE WILL WIN THE RACE to TERMINUS!

It was a trap, the place was clean, no dust on the food, the animal traps that Beth go her foot caught in, the dog was in on it!!

Edited by Gary M