Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

Incidentally, what we have been seeing in the last 4 weeks is actually the second part of season four, so we are actually 10 or 11 episodes in to the season, with 3 more left. Kind of the new standard for cable series.

Yes, I realize that. That setup really doesn't lend itself to the character development. By the time you've actually given people some depth, your 8 weeks are up and you're back on hiatus.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I realize that. That setup really doesn't lend itself to the character development. By the time you've actually given people some depth, your 8 weeks are up and you're back on hiatus.

I kind of, respectfully, disagaree...there are plenty of action shows that have stronger character development. Don't want to be a prick, but I just think the writiing for this show has always been too erratic. I know they had writer issues the first few seasons. It is ambitious to have so many characters, but it can be done. If people don't care about the characters, there is a fairly good chance they are going to lose interest before too long..zombie kills are cool, but you can't sustain a whole show with them....

I kind of, respectfully, disagaree...there are plenty of action shows that have stronger character development. Don't want to be a prick, but I just think the writiing for this show has always been too erratic. I know they had writer issues the first few seasons. It is ambitious to have so many characters, but it can be done. If people don't care about the characters, there is a fairly good chance they are going to lose interest before too long..zombie kills are cool, but you can't sustain a whole show with them....

Which shows are you talking about and what type of scheduling block are they on? I really don't watch too many shows that are following this cable format so I really don't have a reference. Breaking Bad is the only one that comes to mind, but the last season was the only one where they had one of those long mid-season splits. The rest of the show aired on continuous weeks. They also had a smaller core cast.

I don't want to suggest that it can't be done, but I do think this scheduling quirk really limits what they are able to do. We would have to know so much more about these characters if they had the old 20+ episode seasons.

Will they all regroup at Terminus by then, or will we have to wait 9 months for the reunion(s) to begin?

Everyone but Beth/Daryl are now on the tracks (actually was Daryl too?). I think they get there this week or next.

Everyone but Beth/Daryl are now on the tracks (actually was Daryl too?). I think they get there this week or next.

in a sense - Daryl is at a crossroads and yes IIRC he was sitting by the tracks.

Beth is who knows where in a hearse.

I'd have to review the last 3 or so. Is Glenn on the tracks with his mullet buddy? I don't recall seeing him in at least 2 episodes so I'm thinking no.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

in a sense - Daryl is at a crossroads and yes IIRC he was sitting by the tracks.

Beth is who knows where in a hearse.

I'd have to review the last 3 or so. Is Glenn on the tracks with his mullet buddy? I don't recall seeing him in at least 2 episodes so I'm thinking no.

At the very end of this week's episode they showed Glenn walking up to one of the Terminus signs. The rest of that group should still be with him.

At the very end of this week's episode they showed Glenn walking up to one of the Terminus signs. The rest of that group should still be with him.

I was traveling for 2 week and taping the shows. I have a habit of FF'ding through the last 1 - 2 minutes. I guess I missed it that way.

took me a while to find the right search - season 4 episode 13 Glenn

and somewhere on the road behind them, not far from a familiar red fire hydrant, we see another Terminus sign -- and none other than Glenn is looking at it, ending the episode on a hopeful note: Glenn is also on Maggie trail.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Holy wow damn

Ok. That was a pretty damn good episode. No previews for the next episode either. Norman Reedus said on Jimmy Fallon that it's going to get more intense.

Whew.

Post edit. There were previews they just didn't reveal much.

Edited by Kevin

That was crazy!!! The episode only ended like an hour ago so I won't say what happened, but, it's pretty insane!

Yeah..that was pretty heavy.

Must say, it has been a long time that I think a series has gotten better, the longer it has been on....another really strong episode.

Yeah..that was pretty heavy.

Must say, it has been a long time that I think a series has gotten better, the longer it has been on....another really strong episode.

It's getting better, but I kind of wish they could end it right there. I can't picture any better way to end this series than with that episode. All hope is dead and mankind has no future in their world. That is what the series is all about.

Yeah that episode was insane.

Speaking of insane, how about that Lizzie?

Just a bit of useless trivia: if you watched "True Detective" you will recognize the girl who plays Lizzie as one of the incarnations of Marty's (Woody Harrelson) daughter.