Last offensive series was a joke

Virgil

I had no expectations going into this game. I think the game shouldn't even had gone to OT based off of how we played.

However, even with all of that, way to just give up at the end. That was the most pathetic play calling I've ever seen, especially knowing that a punt from there usually puts a team a first away from FG range and that wins the game. That was seriously a joke. And don't tell me about having Thad in there. You trusted him all game to make throws. I just don't get it. And also, why Hogan is in there when you have Woods, Graham, and Goodwin is beyond me.

And lastly, this is now two weeks in a row where we've scored enough points to win and our Defense is just getting owned. I don't care who is hurt, but we got Byrd back this week and McKelvin the past two weeks. It's getting to be pathetic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo Bills are like a drunk, obnoxious, incoherent person that you meet at a party.

You put up with the obnoxious drunk but eventually you get away from them.

Victory!

I have felt for a long time that the Patriots actually HATE playing the Bills. This would account for the close games that the Bills eventually lost.

Agreed it was bad. Chris Hogan sucks, and can't catch. Shouldn't have been in there at that point. As soon as they punted, the game was over. Giving up 30 yards on the punt return was just a Buffalo Bill exclamation point.

Play action passes work in the NFL. Pass it on to Hackett.

Good point. Serious question: How many play fakes have we run this year? I don't remember many.

I liked the idea to establish the run again-- but not on both 1st and 2nd down. Would have liked to see them even take another deep shot. Look like Goodwin and Graham were blowing by their guys.

Also, not sure why Chandler wasn't more involved.

That's what I was thinking too. Thad was actually throwing deep pretty good. Why not take a chance? There's almost zero chance of picking up a 1st down with those 3 plays.

I'm not mad at Hackett sometimes he is damn Brillant... Thad Lewis produced 3 TDs ....this guy was on the practice squad 9 days ago....

I disagree. Hacket is the biggest pu$$y conservative play caller all season. He sux and I'm sick of it. Constantly running up the middle at the worst times for no gain. Pathetic!

I liked the idea to establish the run again-- but not on both 1st and 2nd down. Would have liked to see them even take another deep shot. Look like Goodwin and Graham were blowing by their guys.

Also, not sure why Chandler wasn't more involved.

Chandler not being involved is #2 on my list of issues I have with the offense with #1 being playcalling. But I have to tip my hat off to Hackett for calling a good game today. At least for 3 and a half quarters...

You knew the Bills were going to pay for coming away with no points just after start of 2nd quarter. On 3rd & goal, I was hoping they would fake the run into the line and rolled Lewis out to the wide side (left) of the field, he probably would have walked into the end zone.

The D, O and ST all sucked in OT. Not sure how you can just single out the O. The D allowed the Bengals to march downfield and effectively flip the field and pin the O deep. O goes three and out and the ST does their part by allowing another long return. Just pathetic.

However, for the game I was much more pleased with the O's performance than the D. The D was supposed to "pick up the O" with their starting QB and #1WR out of the game. Instead the D laid a giant egg...once again.