Adrian Peterson's son

zow2

This is just horrible. I hope the little guy pulls through this.

http://www.tmz.com/2...ce-child-abuse/

NFL Star Adrian Peterson

2-Year-Old Son Attacked

Police Investigating

This story is despicable and I hate having to know this happened.

The waste of DNA that did this' life expectancy, justifiably, just plummeted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be he has no more relationship with the child than a sperm donor who writes a check. I know a guy who knocked up a girl on a one nighter. She had a new bf by the time the child was born, she & the other guy raise it, & the guy still sends her a check, but has no contact otherwise - he's married with a child now, and everyone's happy. Without knowing the dynamic you can't really judge him.

Edited by Rob's House

There is absolutely no place for speculation about AP's parenting ability. Save it for another place and time. We all know the issues with our culture and society and why do we need it here?

He has two children is all I could remember from an article. Regardless if he even knows the boy or not it has to mean something. I first read it and I was upset and saddened and I didn't even know he existed until that moment.

Save the soap boxing for later.

Evidently he has more then two. Below is AP and AP Jr. It is reported AP Jr. Is not the victim.

adrian-jr.jpg

Edited by jboyst62

There is absolutely no place for speculation about AP's parenting ability. Save it for another place and time. We all know the issues with our culture and society and why do we need it here?

He has two children is all I could remember from an article. Regardless if he even knows the boy or not it has to mean something. I first read it and I was upset and saddened and I didn't even know he existed until that moment.

Save the soap boxing for later.

adrian-jr.jpg

This is said to be AP and AP Jr. I know he has a daughter whom he lives with, but not sure of Anyone else this could be

I just think it is rotten that his son is dying & he is off practicing football. As a father of 2 I got no sympathy or understanding for someone that procreated but doesn't take responsibility of being a parent. I consider that said person a dead beat & I don't care how much money they make. Maybe if he was a better father to his son his son wouldn't be fighting for his life right now.

Huh? "The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son".

That wasn't in the earlier stories that I saw. Most references were to today's practice, which he did not miss. Obviously more info is coming to the front now. Like this:

The "secret" child was reportedly the result of a casual relationship between a Minnesota woman and Peterson, who just recently learned he was the boy's father.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peterson-leaves-vikings-critically-injured-son-report-article-1.1482734#ixzz2hRnC7yTt

I just think it is rotten that his son is dying & he is off practicing football. As a father of 2 I got no sympathy or understanding for someone that procreated but doesn't take responsibility of being a parent. I consider that said person a dead beat & I don't care how much money they make. Maybe if he was a better father to his son his son wouldn't be fighting for his life right now.

If my son were dying in a hospital bed I'm pretty sure I'm not showing up for work. Doesn't matter what I do or how many people want me to be there. Some things in life are just more important.

I am a special education preschool case manager for my school system. We see the results of some cases like these. It is a horrible situation. As for AP's parenting, I won't judge. He will reconcile with his maker just as all of us will. If this kid lives, he's going to have a much different life... Unfortunately, that's the happy ending to this story. The more likely situation is far worse.

Update: child has died. RIP

This sucks. Not because it's AP. Because a little boy died before he could make his mark.

I agree with Boyst. If people want to question AP's decision to play football, or question his parenting prowress, start a thread in PPP.

This thread should be about one of Heaven's newest little angels.

God rest his little, innocent, harmless soul.

I was listening to the Dan LeBetard show today when they announced that the kid had died, and how horrible it is. And, whoever it was was saying this said that having your kid dying is the worst thing that can happen "and it's not diminished in any way by the fact that AP had no relationship with the kid or the mother."

I thought - Really?!? It's not diminished in any way. It's got the same impact as your kid that you live with and nurture every day??? I'm sorry, but I think it's diminished in some way.

I was listening to the Dan LeBetard show today when they announced that the kid had died, and how horrible it is. And, whoever it was was saying this said that having your kid dying is the worst thing that can happen "and it's not diminished in any way by the fact that AP had no relationship with the kid or the mother."

I thought - Really?!? It's not diminished in any way. It's got the same impact as your kid that you live with and nurture every day??? I'm sorry, but I think it's diminished in some way.

That's a ridiculously ignorant statement but of course the speaker can get away with it since everyone is throwing the huge tragedy blanket over every aspect of this story. This is insinuating that the loss of a child to an actual parent is the same as to someone who was nothing but a sperm donor.

Is this very sad for AP? Absolutely. Is it just as sad as for the mother or for any other parent who loses a child they raised every day of their life? Not even close.