ej = rj? the glass cannon legacy...

Dont get me wrong, I like EJ manuel and think he may be the best QB we've had in some time. But I am concerned that he's got some serious health issues with his knees that puts him in a league with Rob Johnson. Is it just bad luck or does the guy have a history of such problems? Anyone with a FSU fetsih (*cough*Ramius*cough*) care to shed light on the topic? Thanks!

I am not worried. RJ's health issues stemmed from getting crushed by defenders--combine that with his penchant to take a million sacks, and it was a problem.

I wouldn't call EJ injury prone for taking a shot to the knee.

a minor procedure that missed no regular season games and a shot dead on the knee dont get to "injury prone" for me, but its something to be mindful of.

a minor procedure that missed no regular season games and a shot dead on the knee dont get to "injury prone" for me, but its something to be mindful of.

Concur.

"Injury prone" is a subjective term. RJ fit it to a tee-- the guy broke a rib if he coughed the wrong way. He would put himself in the worst positions to get injured too.

But, what about someone like Eric Wood? Two fluke (in my view) injuries where guys fall on his legs-- is that "injury prone"? I am not sure.

Injury prone? What a joke.

Not smart enough to protect himself? DING DING DING.

The Browns defense saw it on tape. And he didn't disappoint.

If this is anything, let's hope it's a learning moment for our young QB.

Edited by The Big Cat

I think there is some legitimate concern about Manuel's brittle knees. He's had injuries to both and were not even 1/3 the way thru his first regular season. For a QB who relies on mobility it's a concern.

I don't get what's strange about OP's statement. Most QBs go all season w/o a knee injury. Ours has had 2 that have sidelined him 5 games in. Is it time to panic? I don't think so.. Reason for some concern? Probably.

There is always reason for concern with any injury. EJ's injury vs. the Browns was sheer stupidity on his part. I'd be more concerned if he was running and got injured on his own. I don't expect EJ to be taking those kinds of hits to his knee many times in the future. If ANY QB takes those kinds of hits to their knees, they'll eventually get injured. EJ to me isn't injury prone yet; he needs to be smarter.

There is always reason for concern with any injury. EJ's injury vs. the Browns was sheer stupidity on his part. I'd be more concerned if he was running and got injured on his own. I don't expect EJ to be taking those kinds of hits to his knee many times in the future. If ANY QB takes those kinds of hits to their knees, they'll eventually get injured. EJ to me isn't injury prone yet; he needs to be smarter.

Sheer stupidity, unless he didn't get hurt. :rolleyes:

You know? Why not have fun with this?

Is Mark Texiera = Bill Buckner? They both have had errors that cost their teams. So...by this "logic" we should say they are.

Is Tom Brady = Joe Montana? No. Enough of that already. And, no Peyton Manning isn't either.

Is Snoopy = Scooby? They are both dogs, so....see the connection?

Is it entirely too early to make dopey comparisions between a rookie who hasn't even played half a season, and a veteran guy who got hurt 3 years in a row?

...perhaps? :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think there is some legitimate concern about Manuel's brittle knees. He's had injuries to both and were not even 1/3 the way thru his first regular season. For a QB who relies on mobility it's a concern.

I wouldnt consider him a mobile quarterback. He rarely has scrambled this season. I dont think EJ "relies" on his legs to make a play, such as a Vick or Steve Young.

I don't get what's strange about OP's statement. Most QBs go all season w/o a knee injury. Ours has had 2 that have sidelined him 5 games in. Is it time to panic? I don't think so.. Reason for some concern? Probably.

This is what I was getting at. The guy's had two knee issues in the past 6 months. Does he have a history of knee problems going back to college?

All I was asking, sheesh :lol:

Dont get me wrong, I like EJ manuel and think he may be the best QB we've had in some time. But I am concerned that he's got some serious health issues with his knees that puts him in a league with Rob Johnson. Is it just bad luck or does the guy have a history of such problems? Anyone with a FSU fetsih (*cough*Ramius*cough*) care to shed light on the topic? Thanks!

Ummm...no. First off, it's the other knee. No health issue, just a cheap (legal) shot to the knee. Many guys would be out for the year on that play. Lesson learned, get OB. But Johnson? The guy didn't finish half his games. Ej got hurt once. This should be a thread only if EJ gets hurt half a dozen times more or so in his first 2 years. That might approach Johnson territory.

This is what I was getting at. The guy's had two knee issues in the past 6 months. Does he have a history of knee problems going back to college?

All I was asking, sheesh :lol:

It's a tough board for tough people. I suggest consulting this before continuing.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/0071785728

Learn to deal with:

• The Steamroller (or Tank): Aggressive and angry. Victims can feel paralyzed, as though they’ve been flattened.
  • The Sniper: The Sniper’s forte is sarcasm, rude remarks, and eye rolls. Victims look and feel foolish.
  • The Know-It-All: Wielding great authority and knowledge, Know-It-Alls do have lots to offer, are generally competent, and can’t stand to be contradicted or corrected. But they will go out of their way to correct you.
  • The Grenade: Grenades tend to explode into uncontrolled ranting that has little, if anything, to do with what has actually happened.
  • The Think They Know It All: A cocksure attitude often fools people into believing their phony “facts.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh, I would hope that everyone -- EJ backers, EJ detractors, but most importantly, EJ himself -- realizes he should've gone out of bounds after getting the first down. It was a stupid, needless injury.

This times 1000. EJ must learn this -- immediately.