Punter Brian Moorman signed

Punch

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, He's been rather bad after his 1st game back. IDC about him being a nice guy and him giving the fans a Rainbows and Kittens feeling. Produce!

The guy can't ignore the laws of physics. It was windy and it's going to affect his punts no matter how much you insist it doesn't.

The guy can't ignore the laws of physics. It was windy and it's going to affect his punts no matter how much you insist it doesn't.

Has he punted any better than Powell? Honest question. Is his net average any better? Higher percentage of punts inside the 20?

Has he punted any better than Powell? Honest question. Is his net average any better? Higher percentage of punts inside the 20?

I would say unequivocally yes. They brought in Moorman for hang time. He has been good at nailing high 40-yarders, and not the line drives that Powell kicked.

I think Moorman had a bad game against Pittsburgh, but he also was kicking in 20 mph winds and had 8 punts. He didn't have a great game last week. But, if people were expecting the Moorman of old, then that's unrealistic.

While I agree Moorman is not good it makes little sense to bring in anyone else at this point. Plus he holds for Carpenter. They have an entire off season to try out kickers. Use the Levitre compensatory pick to bolster the OL. Trade down in the fourth and get an extra fifth. Draft "best punter" again.

While I agree Moorman is not good it makes little sense to bring in anyone else at this point. Plus he holds for Carpenter. They have an entire off season to try out kickers. Use the Levitre compensatory pick to bolster the OL. Trade down in the fourth and get an extra fifth. Draft "best punter" again.

Agreed. Their next 3 games are Dome, Fla, Fla. He won't be here next year unless he is perfect down the stretch but I can't see bringing in someone else now.

I agree, PTR. It's so easy to criticize a punter for a poor performance in gale force winds. I know, I know, he's a pro-FESSIONAL.

Most people who do this, I would venture, have never had to punt the ball for a team, much less for a living. I'd bet many could not even punt a football across their street in those windy conditions.

In high winds, it is extremely difficult to hit the ball solidly when the wind is moving the ball during your drop. And much like a badly sliced golf ball into the wind ... a mis-hit football gets embarrasingly magnified by the winds.

I punted in college, and I excuse Moorman for both the Pittsburgh game and the Jets games with no hesitation. He's not the only one who struggled ... McBriar had a bad shank at the beginning of the Pitt game ... but was called upon far fewer times than Moorman.

You're right! Moorman for All Pro!!! :rolleyes:

There is one All-Pro punter each year. Generally speaking, by the time you cut your starting punter because he sucked during the season, an All-Pro punter isn't going to be available to sign as a free agent.

Mooman is fine, not great, not horrible. Carry on, nothing to see here.

http://sports.yahoo....ategory=Kicking

Lowest in the NFL of anyone on a roster who is punting right now,he is lowest by a half a yard, and the the guy 2 ahead of Moorman was Mesko, and I say was, because he was cut, and he average 1.9, almost 2 yards more a punt than Moorman.

He should without a doubt be immediately replaced.

Edited by Security

There is one All-Pro punter each year. Generally speaking, by the time you cut your starting punter because he sucked during the season, an All-Pro punter isn't going to be available to sign as a free agent.

Mooman is fine, not great, not horrible. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Particularly if your eyes are closed. :rolleyes:

Anyone who can't see how bad Moorman has been is clearly drinking the Koolaid and there's just no point in trying to convince them. Ask yourself the question: Will Moorman be back next year?

I'd be willing to bet alot of money and perhaps one the kids that the answer is NO.

http://sports.yahoo....ategory=Kicking

Lowest in the NFL of anyone on a roster who is punting right now,he is lowest by a half a yard, and the the guy 2 ahead of Moorman was Mesko, and I say was, because he was cut, and he average 1.9, almost 2 yards more a punt than Moorman.

He should without a doubt be immediately replaced.

He was in the top-10 before the Pittsburgh game in avg. Not coincidentally, his stats dropped after he played two games in 20+ mph winds.