Punter Brian Moorman signed

Punch

I don't think he has affected the outcome of any game whether it be negative or positive. People are nit picking for nothing. I blame it on Stevie Johnson for getting injured in the Pitt game. Moorman had to punt 8 or 9 times. Now he has spaguetti leg from fatigue. thanks SJ13

He was in the top-10 before the Pittsburgh game in avg. Not coincidentally, his stats dropped after he played two games in 20+ mph winds.

You just OWNED that GUY! :worthy:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he punted any better than Powell? Honest question. Is his net average any better? Higher percentage of punts inside the 20?

Quick look at stats for both suggest Moorman has been better in most categories, over about same number of games and kicks:

Powell = 19 returns for 14.73 yd average, 1 TD, 1 inside the 10 yd line, 5 TB and 5 FC. Powell's average is about 6 yards more..

Moorman = 12 returns for 11.25 yds, 0 TD, 3 inside 10 yd line, 3 TB and 9 FC. Both have 10 kicks iunside the 20.

The Cleveland game sealed Powell's fate. Moorman has done pretty much what they needed, which is to stabilize the return defense game. Clearly, his time here is over after this season, in my opinion.

In the Jets game Quigley had 6 punts and averaged 47 yards, Moorman had 6 punts and averaged 33 yards.

Please.

Sorry, he was not tired in the Pittsburgh game, when he had a chance to boot the ball, he did not punt well. On top of that he hit the end zone twice in that game when the Bills needed him to pin the Steelers deep.

Has has absolutely sucked aside from his very first punt.

36 --> Colquit averaged 53

37 --> McBrier averaged 39

33 --> Quigley averaged 47

In the Jets game Quigley had 6 punts and averaged 47 yards, Moorman had 6 punts and averaged 33 yards.

Gimme a break.

Quigley had punts of 34, 38, 56, 53, 47, and 56.

Moorman had punts of 39, 39, 2, 44, 19, and 57.

If you take away Moorman's fumble (i.e., the 2 yarder) and the 19-yarder on a short field which he pinned inside the 15-yd line, Moorman's average was 44.8. Not only that, Moorman had 3 punts inside the 20, while Quigley only had 1.