TJ Graham Showing Signs of Life

Looks like he is starting to grasp the pro game. Not taking anything over or burning guys for huge plays, but he made a few nice and difficult grabs the last couple weeks. His hands and route running are finally improving, and hopefully continue to do so.

Ideally, he can continue to progress and turn into a great third option (or 4th behind Goodwin) at WR.

Signs aren't good enough in my opinion. He's a starter and doesn't play like one. I just don't see him doing enough good to compensate for the drops, terrible routes, lack of toughness, and pockets of time where he's invisible. I believe he'd already be out of the lineup if Goodwin was healthy.

While he unfortunately doesn't seem to have the kind of long ball instincts you want in a speedster, I agree he is improving. For a track star he plays with a lot of intensity and he is a fairly physical runner for his size once he has the ball in hand.

i'm sorry, but other than one good catch yesterday, I still haven't seen anything from the guy. The drop he had negates the one good catch. Is this guy THAT BAD at KR/PR that we can't have him back there..especially when McKelvin went down? then again, seeing that he has cement hands, he'd probably fumble the punt 40% of the time.

Signs of life from TJ Graham?

:lol: x 100,000

I'm pretty sure that's rigor mortis! The ONE good catch the guy made isn't a catch at all if we were playing the Patriots. The damn thing hit the frickin ground! -The refs were incredibly generous in order to help ratings the next time these two teams square off.

The second DROP was a beautifully thrown ball from Tuel that this little weakling couldn't hang onto... OP, I'm not sure what you were looking at, but you may need to look again. TJ Graham IS, and will CONTINUE to be a liability as long as he's on our roster. He needs to be cut, so we can sign an actual pro wide receiver.

Edited by #34fan

He did make a couple plays but he is still terrible at tracking the ball in the air. Like Leodis McKelvin terrible. When you're a speed guy you have to be able to do that or you will suck, and he still sucks. He does throw a nice ball for a WR though.

This ^^ I was shocked being at the Baltimore game at how poorly he sees the ball on those bombs. He fails to put his body in a position to catch the ball, let alone snatch it out of the air away from a defender. We've seen it in other game too. And last night he alligator-armed a perfect pass from Tuel, even tho it was a meaningless drive. He's not a starting caliber WR right now.

I clinch more then my teeth saying we can give this dude some time... But, we really should. I don't even consider 2012 to be relevant since we couldn't throw the ball that far. This year we haven't even attempted that many long throws and several times he has been open...

I clinch more then my teeth saying we can give this dude some time... But, we really should. I don't even consider 2012 to be relevant since we couldn't throw the ball that far. This year we haven't even attempted that many long throws and several times he has been open...

This.

He's raw. I think he's on a 3-4 year learning curve. After 3 or 4 years, if he hasn't developed, then I think you can write him off.

This.

He's raw. I think he's on a 3-4 year learning curve. After 3 or 4 years, if he hasn't developed, then I think you can write him off.

pretty much...

Its not like the guy is James Hardy. Or Justin Armour. He will be in the league a while for good reason.

The deer population in NC is 1.35 million. I mention that because it has as much relevance as TJ Grahams stats. However, in 1984 it was 670k. Maybe in 30 years his stats will be better, too.

Signs of life - LOL! The guy is worthless....He supposedly has all this speed yet can't get a half step of separation on go routes. He had two catches against the Browns which is better than is usual one catch/game rate - perhaps this is the sign of life you speak of.

Guys don't get 3-4 year to develop anymore.

not in Buffalo.

Teams like NE give guys 2-3 years. And they're worse then we are drafting. Pittsburgh invests a ton of time in to players. A lot of teams do. We have with Troup and he is finally getting on the field. He has the markings of a rotational 8-9 yr journeyman. Graham has speed, athleticism and smarts. He needs time and he needs opportunity. We can give him time. He will have to wait for the opportunity.

clearly the coaches know something we don't, but it remains odd to me that Easley is relegated so consistently to ST.

graham really does not appear to be very good.

yet they keep throwing him at the wall and waiting for him to stick.

Easley excels at whatever he is asked to do, pre-season catching everything, ST in regular season monster. Yet can't get a ball thrown to him to save his life.

Looks like he is starting to grasp the pro game. Not taking anything over or burning guys for huge plays, but he made a few nice and difficult grabs the last couple weeks. His hands and route running are finally improving, and hopefully continue to do so.

Ideally, he can continue to progress and turn into a great third option (or 4th behind Goodwin) at WR.

I wish they would give Easley a bit more work other than a gunner to see just what he can bring to the team as a WR it's not like we don't have anything invested in him & that he wasn't one of if not the best WR as far as production in the preseason ...

Edited by T master