At what point do the delusions begin?

It seems that when this season started, everyone has realistic expectations for this team. probably a 6 win team, many said, maybe 7 or 8 wins if the defense plays well. we have a rookie qb and coach, this is definitely a rebuilding year for the future everyone knew. i just want to see some competitiveness and keep games close was the consensus. BUT somewhere between those restrained preseason predictions and a 2-3 team, all of the sudden everyone is EXPECTING excellence and WINS. where did this come from? two months ago these boards were happy to have 6-8 wins, NOW they want hackett gone and pettines not blitzing enough and we should have won this game, etc. every player or personnel has been thrown under the bus at least once this season on these boards. i just dont get it. we're a 6-8 win product and that's it. don't get mad when they meet those expectations, just temper your own.

I think we're a 9 win team. I honestly believe that. We'd be halfway there if we had some of our key guys back there in the secondary. Gilmore was a huge loss. McKelvin has played great and because he for injured in the Jets game is the reason we lost that game. And of course yesterday we had some serious guys injured.

Things are different if McKelvin and EJ don't go down in these games.

It seems that when this season started, everyone has realistic expectations for this team. probably a 6 win team, many said, maybe 7 or 8 wins if the defense plays well. we have a rookie qb and coach, this is definitely a rebuilding year for the future everyone knew. i just want to see some competitiveness and keep games close was the consensus. BUT somewhere between those restrained preseason predictions and a 2-3 team, all of the sudden everyone is EXPECTING excellence and WINS. where did this come from? two months ago these boards were happy to have 6-8 wins, NOW they want hackett gone and pettines not blitzing enough and we should have won this game, etc. every player or personnel has been thrown under the bus at least once this season on these boards. i just dont get it. we're a 6-8 win product and that's it. don't get mad when they meet those expectations, just temper your own.

This was a four (4) win team before the season started, and they still are.

o The O line had some questions before the season started, and still does.

o The secoundary was also an area of concern, for me anyhow, and now has been hit with injuries.

o You have a rookie QB slated to start, and has, with consistency and accuracy issues, as were the scouting reports on him.

:(

This was a four (4) win team before the season started, and they still are.

o The O line had some questions before the season started, and still does.

o The secoundary was also an area of concern, for me anyhow, and now has been hit with injuries.

o You have a rookie QB slated to start, and has, with consistency and accuracy issues, as were the scouting reports on him.

:(

Lmao, four wins? So after the first four weeks with all the injuries we go 2 and 2 and getting healthy we were going to go 2-10 the rest of the way??

Give me a break...in no way was this a four win team. It was a 7-8 win team with 9-10 if it had some breaks...

With Manuel out the D is gonna have to really step up...luckily they are as healthy as they have been all year heading into the Bungle game...

To be a Bills fan is to understand the reasons behind the observations you share. Caught up in the excitement - the team appears to be a bit ahead of plan and that fuels the senseless optimism, continually fed with the Bills Koolaid....Fire nobody, stay the course and have a good draft next year...then, and only then, will we have cause to think the unthinkable, and rise above our meager lot in the NFL. In the end, the Bills are not Conquerors to be hailed in victory, but Liberators, charged with freeing and lifting your spirits...human nature fuels the madness.

To be a Bills fan is to understand the reasons behind the observations you share. Caught up in the excitement - the team appears to be a bit ahead of plan and that fuels the senseless optimism, continually fed with the Bills Koolaid....Fire nobody, stay the course and have a good draft next year...then, and only then, will we have cause to think the unthinkable, and rise above our meager lot in the NFL. In the end, the Bills are not Conquerors to be hailed in victory, but Liberators, charged with freeing and lifting your spirits...human nature fuels the madness.

umm... this is too rational . Maybe their should be a standing thread for rationalism, the rest of the board for insane fandom. maybe the moderators can create this.

umm... this is too rational . Maybe their should be a standing thread for rationalism, the rest of the board for insane fandom. maybe the moderators can create this.

Perhaps you are correct. From what I observed first hand yesterday evening, there was little rational behavior noted before or after the game. At best, alcohol fueled optimism.

I think we're a 9 win team. I honestly believe that. We'd be halfway there if we had some of our key guys back there in the secondary. Gilmore was a huge loss. McKelvin has played great and because he for injured in the Jets game is the reason we lost that game. And of course yesterday we had some serious guys injured.

Things are different if McKelvin and EJ don't go down in these games.

Agreed. Win Pit, TB and jax, split the phins, take the Bengals, and jets at home, then you just need to get one off of the pats, saints, Atl or KC.

Very doable. Bye thw way Cleveland will run away with their division.

Perhaps you are correct. From what I observed first hand yesterday evening, there was little rational behavior noted before or after the game. At best, alcohol fueled optimism.

That's the way it's been around here since I've joined. For the first day or so after a loss there are a myriad of overly emotional, irrational posts and then it will subside usually around Tuesday night/Wednesday (on a Sunday game). My solution to that problem is to just not respond to the posts that seem emotionally driven, which is precisely the reason I post on occasion.

My sentiments echo the subconscious of many a Bills fan. You want to win, & find yourself disappointed but not surprised when the franchise loses. This is a franchise that has had 21 winning seasons in 53 seasons. There's been a lot of losing.

This 2013 Bills team is performing around what we've expected going into this season & what they've done historically.

Good teams / franchises find ways to win ball games. The Bills have shown signs of competency, but the young group so far hasn't appeared to be up for the challenge in 2013 to end our playoff drought.

Good teams, wild-card playoff teams win 3 to 5 road games a year. The Bills are 0-2 so far with road games to go at: NE, MIA, NO.

Not mention a neutral field game at ATL.

If this team finds a way to 8 wins they have outperformed expectations.

Edited by BigCountryBills