The Bills have Released Punter Shawn Powell

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this staff! they see that a change needs to be made...and they make it. They see that a situation is unacceptable, and they address it.

As a side note...Wouldn't surprise me if they upgrade the backup QB situation as well. I like Tuel, but he isn't qualified to be 2nd string yet.

I wouldn't get rid of Carpenter. He's been an upgrade over Lindell imo... put the rookie on IR and have him compete next year.

Of that list, I'd choose Moorman. Kluwe can't keep his mouth shut, making him a liability.

Just saw that. Wow!!!

Who's available for them to pick up?

Why are you surprised. Have you watched him punt all year? The guy sucks + I have heard from a couple people that he is a real arrogant prick. I am glad he is gone.

Why are you surprised. Have you watched him punt all year? The guy sucks + I have heard from a couple people that he is a real arrogant prick. I am glad he is gone.

I don't have this confirmed so if it is not true don't blame me but my Bills source tells me Morman is coming back.

I don't have this confirmed so if it is not true don't blame me but my Bills source tells me Morman is coming back.

really? Because I've met fans that have met him and spoken with him personally and they thought he was pretty cool. Apparently he's not a fan of kids and doing the autograph thing. Some people aren't. So I wonder if that's where your getting your info from.

Either way, not many teams cut kickers or punters mid season.

I was always a huge fan of Moorman until his last season or 2 with the team. His play got bad. Now that might have been the STs coaching and play calls with the way they wanted the kicks going, but he was bad regardless.

However he is and always will be a Bill. Hopefully he gets it back to where he was before he sucked here.

But in all honesty, I've met Moorman many times and if you want to talk about a cocky and rude man. He is every single bit of that. Always rubbed me as an @$$hole. I've met him at least 5 times. Tried to have conversations with him and he never wants to have any part of it. I've also witnessed others try to have conversations with him as well and they get the same experience as me.

Edited by mrags

Shawn is anything but an arrogant prick... Clearly I cannot defend his punt game, but I can defend his personality... I don't know where you heard that, but from all my experiences with him, that statement is inaccurate! Btw, I was the President of Powell's Posse... Hahaha

Powell had a good preseason, but stunk when it mattered most.

On a different note, I think they might be making a mistake if they get rid of Carpenter. That guy has a good leg for long field goals and kickoffs.

huge mistake if they get rid of Carpenter. Dude has hit FG's of 52 and 54 yards this year with ease. He is a vet. We can't have a rookie getting nervous in those situations on gameday. He can make all the necessary FG's. They must keep him. Can Hopkins punt?

Shawn is anything but an arrogant prick... Clearly I cannot defend his punt game, but I can defend his personality... I don't know where you heard that, but from all my experiences with him, that statement is inaccurate! Btw, I was the President of Powell's Posse... Hahaha

thanks for that.

Marrone: “Do you want to punt or play QB?”

Powell: “Punt”

Marrone: “We wish you the best of luck but this isn’t working out”

Joking aside, I think they will keep Carpenter and cut Hopkins. I remember one of the training camp story lines was how Powell held for Hopkins at FSU.

CBF

I love this staff! they see that a change needs to be made...and they make it. They see that a situation is unacceptable, and they address it.

As a side note...Wouldn't surprise me if they upgrade the backup QB situation as well. I like Tuel, but he isn't qualified to be 2nd string yet.

All this. Now if only there was a LG to get that would help. Being an FSU grad myself, I was having fun with the FSU combo of EJ/Hopkins/Powell and Powell had great college numbers but I was kind of surprised he beat out Stahovich (?) in the preseason because these issues with Powell were already showing.