The reason this organization has been and still is a joke

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but you owe it to the guys on the team and the fans to try and put the best product out there. Carrying two QBs one of which is a rookie FA isn't a good idea.

touche'

It's not too many young ones, it's not enough old ones.....

So it used to be the reason we have sucked was because we couldn't get a QB and not its because we didn't get a backup QB. A lot of teams have terrible backup QBs and that is not the defining point of the organization. This place is a mess after a loss. Blaming our organization for not getting a veteran backup in a game where we had a limited CJ, EJ go down, Stevie go out, no Gilmore or Byrd and a weak McKelvin. And with all of that talent the organization has brought it the reason we can't win is because of a backup.

look no further than having an undrafted rookie QB as your backup. there's nothing left to do but laugh, nice work guys

Impossible to argue with this point at this time...

It was a short week and Marrone all but admitted Tuel had no reps in practice...But still...A vet QB with almost any competence and I think the Bills win this one...This loss is squarely on the FO and the coaches for letting it happen...Tuel is not even close to being ready to play...That was abundantly clear tonight... B-)

Dude I can't agree more! Name one other team that has an undrafted rookie qb as a #2.. We the fans should be furious! This organization is a joke.

Well...I was saying I was fine going into the season with 2 rookies. But I didn't expect the Bills to be as competitive as they are. I was wrong.

touche'

It's not too many young ones, it's not enough old ones.....

It's not young vs old. It's the same old craptastic talent evaluation of wasting roster spots on guys who don't belong in the NFL.

It's not young vs old. It's the same old craptastic talent evaluation of wasting roster spots on guys who don't belong in the NFL.

He's got just enough tools to want to see him a little more. I don't have a problem with him being part of this franchise.

He's an acceptable acquisition until we know more about him. But not necessarily as a guy you want to toss into his first NFL possession tied in the second half, on the road, under the lights against a great defense. That was some really unfortunate timing for him to get his first taste on a night like tonight.

The problem isn't having him, the problem is not having another guy for a situation like that. But it's an irrelevant secondary problem if you look at it strategically instead of tactically, which is what this season is about.

He's got just enough tools to want to see him a little more. I don't have a problem with him being part of this franchise.

He's an acceptable acquisition until we know more about him. But not necessarily as a guy you want to toss into his first NFL possession tied in the second half, on the road, under the lights against a great defense. That was some really unfortunate timing for him to get his first taste on a night like tonight.

The problem isn't having him, the problem is not having another guy for a situation like that. But it's an irrelevant secondary problem if you look at it strategically instead of tactically, which is what this season is about.

I don't buy it because that's been the excuse for this franchise throughout its history, and they just happened to luck out to get some USFL castoffs for the front office in the '80s. The funny part, that move was so stupid on its own (and emblematic to hire a junior league front office) that it somehow worked.

Tuel proved that even on his best day, he may turn into a poor man's Kelly Holcomb. Yup, that's exactly the guy I want to develop.

I don't buy it because that's been the excuse for this franchise throughout its history, and they just happened to luck out to get some USFL castoffs for the front office in the '80s. The funny part, that move was so stupid on its own (and emblematic to hire a junior league front office) that it somehow worked.

Tuel proved that even on his best day, he may turn into a poor man's Kelly Holcomb. Yup, that's exactly the guy I want to develop.

I have a hard time referencing old or even recent history right now because I think this franchise is in the midst of the biggest metamorphosis it's seen in my lifetime.

Ownership decisions from the past just aren't currently relevant; or will they be any more, for that matter.

And while tonight was certainly buttugly, and the chances of Tuel figuring it out are microscopically slim, I just can't give the Bills the business right now about bringing in multiple young QB's.

Even if they don't pan out, I'm encouraged they consider it a priority.

If EJ had not got hurt we would have lost anyway.

Maybe, but I don't think so. EJ was doing a fine job of moving the offense. With the exception of that TD from point blank range, Tuel didn't do anything with quite a few opportunities. The game was there for the taking, but the offense was literally frozen.

A veteran backup QB is not taking this young team to the playoffs. It's a moot point in the short term.

I usually agree with you but not this time. The only way this team has a chance at the playoffs is to win games like this and Tavaris Jackson or any decent veteran backup in we likely win this game. Tuel is terrible. There is no way at this point in his career he should be a #2. He's a PS talent and player right now, at best.

actually, it's incredibly important point because a mediocre quarterback would have won this game and if EJ Manuel plays next week,it could turn out to be an even bigger mistake with this loss

I was disappointed in Manuel. He didn't seem to have the awareness of the situations he was in. He also didn't regulate the velocity of his throws very well. He threw some short passes way too hard and was very inaccurate on many others. He doesn't even seem to know that he can throw the ball away out of bounds rather than take a loss. I've been hoping for better things, but I don't see any improvement over last year's QB at this point.

I usually agree with you but not this time. The only way this team has a chance at the playoffs is to win games like this and Tavaris Jackson or any decent veteran backup in we likely win this game. Tuel is terrible. There is no way at this point in his career he should be a #2. He's a PS talent and player right now, at best.

Tuel is not an NFL QB. Only the Bills would think so.

So it used to be the reason we have sucked was because we couldn't get a QB and not its because we didn't get a backup QB. A lot of teams have terrible backup QBs and that is not the defining point of the organization. This place is a mess after a loss. Blaming our organization for not getting a veteran backup in a game where we had a limited CJ, EJ go down, Stevie go out, no Gilmore or Byrd and a weak McKelvin. And with all of that talent the organization has brought it the reason we can't win is because of a backup.

Excellent rookie post. Exactly what I was thinking. Tunnel vision anyone?

If anyone thinks the Bills should have signed a decent veteran QB to play backup, who was out there after Kolb got hurt? I'd like to hear names.

And if you think Tavaris Jackson was decent, then why did he never see any game action for the Bills when he was here?