Byrd Full Participant at practice today

Think about it guys...what better place for Byrd to come back than on a national TV game? He needs to showcase his talents, because he is becoming irrelevant quickly. If he doesn't play again and the Bills are successful without him, his stock continues to drop -- or remains level at best.

I don't believe Byrd has been dogging it -- just doesn't seem to be his nature -- but it's tough for a young guy to sort everything out, particularly if his agent and family are constantly in his ear, "suggesting" he take it easy so he doesn't mess up a long term contract payday.

I'm predicting #31 will be active for the first time tomorrow night.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trade deadline is Oct 29. I was stunned when he said he just started wearing orthotics . That's the one thing that realy works, it did for me. I can't believe the bills medical staff didn't have him fitted with last season.

In about 4 weeks, the Bills secondary is going to look invincible barring any additional injuries. Even out of the dime, they can match up well in man coverage and do some exotic pressures. This defense will be playing much better overall by the time they play the Jets again. I predict that Thanksgiving 2013 will feel especially sweeter than usual.

Assuming there are no additional injuries to the secondary, which is unlikely. But yes, if McKelvin's resurgence is real and Byrd is 100% and motivated and Gilmore is still Gilmore and Brooks is still Brooks (he is starting all over because it was a foot injury... he is 2nd half of year probably), then on paper the back 4/5 looks good. Which allows Pettine to open up the playbook more, yes. But those are a lot of ifs. We shall see.

Think about it guys...what better place for Byrd to come back than on a national TV game? He needs to showcase his talents, because he is becoming irrelevant quickly. If he doesn't play again and the Bills are successful without him, his stock continues to drop -- or remains level at best.

I don't believe Byrd has been dogging it -- just doesn't seem to be his nature -- but it's tough for a young guy to sort everything out, particularly if his agent and family are constantly in his ear, "suggesting" he take it easy so he doesn't mess up a long term contract payday.

In a pass first league with a bunch of teams playing cover-2 defense and with Byrd in his prime, his stock probably hasn't dropped at all. PF is not like blowing out a knee. He won't play until he is 100% as this is a contract year. He would rather play 8 games healthy than come back early and relapse, which would demonstrate that (a) he is a risk and (b) probably takes him off the field for the rest of a contract year. You won't see him tomorrow IMHO.

You don't think he's been dogging it, yet you admit that he's using a national stand alone game to showcase his talents? Those 2 things don't go together so well. He's been dogging it, no question in my mind. I've said it 137 times before and I'll say it again...money be damned...franchise his butt on the first day that the designation can be made and let the chips fall where they may. Let Eugene and Jairus chew on that for another season.

Tyrd is going to have a "setback" during practice. this will keep him out of games until the bye week. there will be a miracle recovery for the final 5 games to show he's healthy for next year. the bills will tag him again and the exact same scenario will play out. parker demands #1 money and the bills offer top 5.

Coaches call absolutely. None of us really know the dynamics or the facts of this situation. We have a right to speculate but that is all it is. I would be somewhat reluctant to break up the chemistry of that group but if Byrd is a big improvement he goes in. I would think twice about starting him though.

Coaches call absolutely. None of us really know the dynamics or the facts of this situation. We have a right to speculate but that is all it is. I would be somewhat reluctant to break up the chemistry of that group but if Byrd is a big improvement he goes in. I would think twice about starting him though.

Coach's call yes, but the first thing he'll do is go up to Jairus and say "can you go today?" So far Byrd's answer has been nope. This time I think it'll be yes. Then it's up to Pettine and Marrone to decide how to best use him. Or, if you like conspiracy theories...Marrone is making the decisions on his own (with complicit knowledge in the FO) and is keeping Byrd from the field so that he can't showcase his talents.

I totally agree he will be out there vs Browns... He has to be licking his chops seeing how we have been picking balls off left and right and he is VERY $$$ motivated and in a nationally televised game vs Browns who has ZERO run game and Hoyer probably gonna throw 40-50 times... He's probably planning his end zone dance already...

If he does have a pick 6, he should do the Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"!

He REALLY could use him back. Leonhard has been excellent as fill in but Leonhard is best served as really reliable 3rd safety who can fill in when needed which is exactly what he does. If u watch the games closely, on a lot of the deep balls attempted to us, he's been the one playing "center field" more than Searcy who has been usually covering TE, playing closer to the line in run support and blitzing few times a game which is something he is very good at.

REALLY hoping not only Byrd is back tomorrow, but McLovin too. He really need him on Josh Gordon who is lone threat on WR corp. Lawson and SS will either take turns or double team Cameron who is a beast... He's Chandler's size, with speed and excellent hands and is total mismatch in red zone. Lawson is 6'5 and has been 1 of the best FA under the radar signings in league this yr. He is very good vs the run, has great size and is very good in coverage. They havent been blitzing him as much as i thought, but when they have, he;s put pressure on QB, got his 1st sack last week but his best value is that he can also cover TE;'s. That has been our achiles heel for last number of years and between him and Kiko, we now have 2 LB's that are strong in coverage.... It's been like a decade since we had good LB play!

GO BILLS!

Coach's call yes, but the first thing he'll do is go up to Jairus and say "can you go today?" So far Byrd's answer has been nope. This time I think it'll be yes. Then it's up to Pettine and Marrone to decide how to best use him. Or, if you like conspiracy theories...Marrone is making the decisions on his own (with complicit knowledge in the FO) and is keeping Byrd from the field so that he can't showcase his talents.

Hopefully, he takes his talents to Jacksonville. He's definitely dogging it. He stands on the sidelines and watches these young fellas (and Leonhard) play decent ball. I am hopeful that our team plays well in the secondary against the Browns and if Jairiiiiiius suddenly feels well enough to play vs. the Bengals, sit his a$$ down for a few weeks as if to say "Sorry son, we don't need you after all". Someone else pointed this out before but a lot of Byrd's interceptions were "gimmee's". Leonhard and Searcy (and A. Williams at safety) are serviceable. I'm unsure where all this love of Byrd comes from depicting him as one of our "best" defenders. Just my opinion.

Exactly which team is going to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy they can only be certain to have for the rest of this season only?

Are you high or just delusional? What GM in his right mind is trading a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd round draft pick for a guy they are not guaranteed to have beyond the rest of this season??

How do you explain it to your fan base when next year's draft comes around and your missing a high draft pick for a guy that's moved on to another team for bigger bucks or a better chance to earn a ring?

Yeah, I'm sure the league will be knocking themselves out to offer up that kind of draft pick compensation.

you get it. No Lt many seem to. I was hoping someone would reply how a 1st rounder for Byrd is going to happen. Its not. We would have to trade him to a team for a first and they get a handshake agreement byrd gets his money at the end of the year. He is a victim of the cap this year. A beneficiary of it next off season

We keep him here and tell him to shut up and play. When he pulls this crap next year - if he does - IR his ass. Right now its cool. No big deal. Let it go and get him on the field whenever. We cannot do anything in this postiin in this situation. Tell Byrd/Parker not to make any plans because he will be in Buffalo for two more seasons and lean back in the chair, light up a cigar and wait.

From what I just heard was that he was full practice but in the scout team. Just saying.

He was on the scout team during the "open to the media" portion of practice, but according to post-practice quotes, worked "some" with the real defense during practice.

Based on Marrone's quotes, I'll be pretty surprised if he plays Thursday. I get the vibe that if it was a Sunday game and Byrd could have a full week of practice, Marrone would be a lot more comfortable playing him.

Did anyone hear Byrd's quotes to Chris Brown? "Yeah, in a few weeks I might be up to day-to-day." Gee, really?

PTR

He drops another notch after this latest quote.

I don't think he has an ounce of self-respect. He's a loser.

GO BILLS!!!

He was on the scout team during the "open to the media" portion of practice, but according to post-practice quotes, worked "some" with the real defense during practice.

Based on Marrone's quotes, I'll be pretty surprised if he plays Thursday. I get the vibe that if it was a Sunday game and Byrd could have a full week of practice, Marrone would be a lot more comfortable playing him.

Same here - I think Cincy at the earliest. I don't have time to look for the link but I saw where he said it was still "a little achy." I wanted to punch him, and I am sure so did Fred, CJ, and everyone else who is gutting out more than "achiness."

You don't think he's been dogging it, yet you admit that he's using a national stand alone game to showcase his talents? Those 2 things don't go together so well. He's been dogging it, no question in my mind. I've said it 137 times before and I'll say it again...money be damned...franchise his butt on the first day that the designation can be made and let the chips fall where they may. Let Eugene and Jairus chew on that for another season.

I see why you might take it that way, but it's not as devious as perhaps my initial post made it sound. Byrd's condition has been consistently improving if you look at his practice participation and injury status, and with this being a prime time game it's a great opportunity to get back out there in front of the other 30 teams who might be bidding for his services.

I truly believe Byrd is a good guy and is struggling with the conflict between his desire to be on the field with his teammates and the pressure likely being put on him by his agent (and family) to not put himself at risk.