PPP Showdown

I would like to run a tournament of sorts here on PPP. Here is how it will work:

1. A bracket tournament of 16 players. To participate, reply to this note saying you would like to play. First 16 acceptable candidates will be selected by the judge. Me.

2. Each match up will have a unique topic defined by the judge. Me. There will be two participants in a head to head match up for that topic. Each match will have its own thread. Once the match is decided, the thread will be taken down by the judge. Me. This will be done so as not to clutter the board. The results and follow on brackets will be posted on a master standing thread.....maybe this thread. There will be re-seeding each round so you will not necessarily know who your next opponent will be. Comments and critiques will be freely allowed in this thread but not by Beerboy. Please refrain from commenting in the individual match up threads.

3. Most, but not all of the topics will be political in nature. If the players agree on which side of the argument each will take that will be fine. If both players want to take the same side, the sides will be assigned by the judge. Me. Feel free to take the side of a political argument that would be the opposite of what everyone would expect.

4. I'm thinking one topic per day, excluding weekends, but may take a day off here and there or even run a few matches in parallel.

5. A match will be decided when either:

a. Significant pwnage has been administered as determined by the judge. Me. Or

b. The thread has gone on to a stalemate and the winner will be decided by the judge. Me. If I cannot decide I will do a GvG to find the winner.

6. Players should feel free to use logic, insults, emotional pleas, cheating, torture or any other device to pwn the other player.

7. Links to Youtube videos are allowed but only one per player per thread. Links to factual information are also allowed but often found to be boring to the judge. Me. Links to editorials are cheating, but then again cheating is allowed.

8. Thread titles of the match ups will have the tag Sweet 16 and start with the word Tournament.

9. If you have any questions feel free to ask them but be aware that they may annoy the judge. Me.

10. There really isn't anything else but it seemed weird to have 9 rules.

Players:

1. Gary M On to Round 2.

2. Chef Jim On to round 2

3. JBoyst62

4. TGreg99

5. KD in CT On to Round 2

6. Rob's House

7. GG

8. gatorman

9. keepthefaith

10. LeviF91 On to Round 2

11. OC in Buffalo

12. DC Tom

13. Take You to Tasker

14. Jim in Anchoarage

15. Azalin

16. 4merper4mer - to be fair, since I am the judge all of my matches will go directly to GvG to be decided. Winner of TGreg99 v Rob's House thread but spot turned over to mystery contestant.

Round 2:

1. LeviF91

2. KD in CT

3. Chef Jim

4. Gary M

5. Mystery Contestant

Semis:

Finals:

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

Oh ****.

Welcome aboard. If these were live debates I'd have you bring the food.

I'm in.

You'll be in when the judge says you're in. Me.

You're in.

This sounds complex. Too complex. What's the point, too? Just insult each other and make PPP look even worse?

You're in but if you're not going to insult anybody I'm smelling a first round departure.

:lol: :lol:

I didn't expect you but feel free to use movie scripts to back up your arguments.

Wait...that makes us look worse? How could that be? Have you read the main wall after a loss lately?

You're the morning line favorite until DC Tom gets here. Or maybe Mr. Limbaw.

I'm in but only if there are at least 4 liberal players. Without at least a few willing to defend and support the liberal agenda, this just won't be an interesting play.

Sign your ass up.

I feel guilty. I'll be a titan among little Conservative dwarfs... :beer:

I'll lose because my argument will be:

:w00t:

No, you will lose because your "argument" will be...."Please explain this function of the __________ in enormous detail."

I propose the Chef Rule. Asking someone annoying questions because they have nothing to say is not allowed.

No, you will lose because your "argument" will be...."Please explain this function of the __________ in enormous detail."

I propose the Chef Rule. Asking someone annoying questions because they have nothing to say is not allowed.

Proposal summarily rejected by the judge. Me.

Oh wait, whe haven't started yet.

Wild Card entries despite not volunteering:

OC in Buffalo

Take You to Tasker

DC Tom

More may be added later. I would like to see:

Kelly the Fair Dog or something like that

Gene Frenkle

but they are not around much. I would also like other volunteers of all stripes to please sign up. We can get going Monday.

Topics and round 1 match ups are already under development by the judge. Me.

Wild Card entries despite not volunteering:

OC in Buffalo

Take You to Tasker

DC Tom

More may be added later. I would like to see:

Kelly the Fair Dog or something like that

Gene Frenkle

but they are not around much. I would also like other volunteers of all stripes to please sign up. We can get going Monday.

Topics and round 1 match ups are already under development by the judge. Me.

I was gonna post: "How the F am I signed up? I didn't post here, dammit!"

But then, I realized that I would be signed up, by posting that here.

Which...sucks. :lol:

So, I guess I'm signed up. And, oh yeah, what were you thinking? Of course I have a plan. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence!

"He who has provoked the lash of wit, cannot complain when he smarts from it".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

But I want to get to call you a Liberal, latte drinking, panty waste!

Call me a fat white trassewage beater if you want. Your words mean nothing to me.

Oh and can we add panty waste to the TBDisms thread?

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm tempted, but I'm not very good at arguing a point I don't believe in. then again, insults are allowed......

Luckily they're allowed here. Other places around here they threaten you with a ban if you insult a group of people by calling them fools.

Luckily they're allowed here. Other places around here they threaten you with a ban if you insult a group of people by calling them fools.

hell, I've seen some posts here where it would be considered a kindness to call the authors 'fools' :D

hell, I've seen some posts here where it would be considered a kindness to call the authors 'fools' :D

No kidding. I guess I forget where I am sometimes. They're very sensitive over "there". I guess I can understand with 13 plus years of craptastic football I'd be sensitive to someone pointing out how foolish I was spending my hard earned money supporting them.