Bills lead the League in fumbles - 10

San-O

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=FUMBLES_TOTAL

I was checking things out prior to the Browns game, and read that Buffalo leads the league in fumbles, so I checked:

Buffalo 10 fumbles.

They need to take a LOT better care of the ball, starting with E.J. You can't be that careless with the ball. CJ too.

http://www.nfl.com/s...s=FUMBLES_TOTAL

I was checking things out prior to the Browns game, and read that Buffalo leads the league in fumbles, so I checked:

Buffalo 10 fumbles.

They need to take a LOT better care of the ball, starting with E.J. You can't be that careless with the ball. CJ too.

They gotta get better. I can't believe how careless they've been through 4 games...

Yeah, that is not good, but of those 10 fumbles, only 4 lost.

During the Monday night game last night, the mentioend that Tannehill already had 6 fumbles on the year...the only fumbles for the Dolphins are all on their QB.

Growing pains...at least EJ didn't try any Harlem Globetrotters moves like Geno the other day! :lol:

I can live with a rookie QB throwing a pick now and again, but not fumbles. THey should be able to address that I would think?

every qb fumbles occasionally - with EJ itll come down to getting better pocket presence, and not letting mechanics break down when things get crazy-- and some improved line play will help.

Yeah, that is not good, but of those 10 fumbles, only 4 lost.

During the Monday night game last night, the mentioend that Tannehill already had 6 fumbles on the year...the only fumbles for the Dolphins are all on their QB.

Growing pains...at least EJ didn't try any Harlem Globetrotters moves like Geno the other day! :lol:

Tannehill may turn into a good one, jury is still out on that. But he cost his team at critical times last night. Int and fumbles where the reason the Saints got on a roll.

Why not show the stat that matters - turnover ratio.

In that category we're +4 (tied for 5 best in the league). Obviously we need to stop putting the ball on the ground, but as long as keep picking up the ball when the other team does, we'll be a'ight...

3 fumbles for EJ is too many....agreed.....but it isn't a horrendous stat. There are 22 other QBs in the league within 1 of that or worse.

6: Tannehill

5: Roethlisberger

4: RG3, Stafford, Wilson

3: Kaepernick, Dalton, G.Smith, Vick, Manuel

2: Ponder, Brady, Cutler, Pryor, Locker, Bradford, Flacco, Romo, P.Manning, Flynn, Freeman, Palmer, E.Manning

CJ and Freddie however both have 3 and in relation to their peers do not look very good....both leading the league with only 7 other RBs within 1.

3: CJ, Freddie

2: Murray, Mendenhall, D.Williams, Martin, Ball, Wilson, Peterson

3 fumbles for EJ is too many....agreed.....but it isn't a horrendous stat. There are 22 other QBs in the league within 1 of that or worse.

6: Tannehill

5: Roethlisberger

4: RG3, Stafford, Wilson

3: Kaepernick, Dalton, G.Smith, Vick, Manuel

2: Ponder, Brady, Cutler, Pryor, Locker, Bradford, Flacco, Romo, P.Manning, Flynn, Freeman, Palmer, E.Manning

CJ and Freddie however both have 3 and in relation to their peers do not look very good....both leading the league with only 7 other RBs within 1.

3: CJ, Freddie

2: Murray, Mendenhall, D.Williams, Martin, Ball, Wilson, Peterson

Interesting also. My thinking is, as another poster mentioned, when they are in tight games a fumble issue could be huge. Also, imagine if they hold onto the ball

AND get the picks another poster mentioned to help the turnover ratio? This team could really win some games.

:thumbsup:

How great will it be when EJ cleans up, Glenn doesn't get blown up to cause any fumbles and CJ and Fred take care of it better. Does that mean we win by more than a few points and aren't shuffling in the end for a win?

I know leading in fumbles is bad but we only lost 4 of them. Glenn couldn't fall right the other day so that should have taken it down to 3. Look at the Giants, 7 fumbles, 6 lost. That's really bad. Fumbles usually result in loss of yards and such but I don't think we have been bad in that category (now I'm curious if there is a stat for yardage lost after the fumble is recovered by the fumbling team).

Edited by The Wiz

Glad you had the tag too many, otherwise I would have worried!

I do not believe this is going to be a big issue as things like this resolve themselves. Think of Tiki Barber a few years ago, things will calm down and as long as we can generate turnovers I can handle this...

But, common man, you guys really worried about this? Fumbles seem to just even out over the course of the season. I don't see anyone with a real fumble problem.

Who are you calling a common man?