Kiko's post-game interview

YoloinOhio

I wasn't criticizing (and if you read my later comments, you'll see that). I'm just pointing it out to contrast, that linebackers probably don't get that kind of media training. I'm GLAD that Manuel is polished, and understand why QB's NEED to be coached on dealing with the media.

One of the best things about Manuel is that he is polished, and cautious with the media, but not phony.

Never thought you were. I was just asking it rhetorically. My bad.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I saw Kiko on ESPN today, live. He did warm up to question about the Oregon Ducks, his alma mater and their team this year.

Mostly, I think he could do without the media stuff, however. He plays football, and was quick to credit veterans and coaches helping him to get ready to play this year.

Hell, Kiko doesn't even like to talk to the coaches when he's on the sidelines lol....he just stands there and stares at the field, waiting for his next opportunity to kick some butt

He reminds me 100% of Rocky from the second Rocky when they are having the interview for the rematch. Good stuff.

He is a tough sob who has great instincts. he will only get better.

This draft was amazing so far. IF Kiko, Woods and EJ, keep progressing, this could be the draft we look back at in 10 years and say that is what turned it around.

Not to mention Robey plays darn good.

And who knows what we got in Gragg or Goodwin yet.

I think he is a one-track mind - FOOTBALL. Probably a film and practice nut. I love it, and some of the great LBs have that bit of nuttiness to them.

I've referred to it here before, but haven't been able to find the exact quote. Decades ago, Hunter S. Thompson, gonzo journalist and football nut, had a great line about the best linebackers, and that you need them to be savages to do their jobs correctly.

Sounds like Daryl Talley! Time for a Alonso jersey.....

After tossing out Poz and Fitz jerseys, I swore I'd never buy an active player's jersey again, but dammit if Kiko doesn't have me thinking otherwise.

I have a vision of a MNF teaser starting "Kiko Alonso and the Buffalo Bills take on the.... " I want to Alonso and Byrd on the field at the same time. That would have to get in the QBs head.

The next time whaley meets with Byrd's agent, I'd like him to walk over to a door, open it, and have Kiko just standing there giving Parker the death stare. Then have Whaley walk out of the room and come back in about twenty minutes. That oughta get it done one way or the other.

The next time whaley meets with Byrd's agent, I'd like him to walk over to a door, open it, and have Kiko just standing there giving Parker the death stare. Then have Whaley walk out of the room and come back in about twenty minutes. That oughta get it done one way or the other.

I like where you are going here. You should be able to work this into the "legend of kiko" thread, right?

I like where you are going here. You should be able to work this into the "legend of kiko" thread, right?

I think so, yeah...just gotta work on getting the wording concise :thumbsup:

Can't get enough of this kid on the football field. But his communication skills..... wow. Not that it matters. But wow. He looked at the media guys like he wanted to kill them. I was scared. http://www.buffalobi...51-90989a021cdd

reminds me a little of byrd like that. the two are both second round picks out of oregon, both productive, agressive defenders with incredible ball instincts, but both totally disinterested in the public and uncommunicative with the media.

gotta love the way this guy balls out though, like he's playing for his life every snap.