(OT) A head's up for some of you

Simon

I know that I'm not the only one who's getting really tired of people whose only purpose here seems to be to complain about other posters and the forum in general.

If you want to come here to talk about the Bills, great. If you just want to hang out and be a contributing part of a cool community, that's awesome too.

But if your primary goal here is to complain about the board and mock other Bills fans, you might as well turn around and get the !@#$ out right now because I've had enough. I love this place and this community and I'm not going to stand idly by while a bunch of whiny jerks do their best to break it down.

Those jerks are about to start getting a lot of extra attention from me, and if you don;'t want to be one of them, I suggest you make more of an effort to be part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem. Cuz some of these problem are about to get solved in a permanent way in very short order.

Hope y'all enjoy the sunshine today and the game tomorrow!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else get the same feeling like when you were a kid and daddy hit mommy at the dinner table?

I would never hit a woman during supper......

I agree, and I want to be part of the solution. What can I do? After all, it's not what TSW can do for you...it's what you can do for TSW!

A man in the depths of an ether binge is by definition, a part of the solution!

Does anyone else get the same feeling like when you were a kid and daddy hit mommy at the dinner table?

It's more like when you were a kid and Daddy finally had enough of you not listening to your mother when she told you to do your chores so he spanked you.

Anyone else here think a crackdown on duplicate posts would help? I know it'd drive a lot of the new people away... but there are many folks here who post the same nonsense posted in another thread.

Now, I do not mean starting a post to link to Tim Graham's twitter saying "Alex Carrington likely to play Sunday, Byrd likely out, McKelvin GTD." I am saying someone else starting a thread asking who's out. Or someone starting another Byrd thread. I get it, 99% of the time you do not want to read and sift through a million pages of nonsense and insults and lamp's or someone beating a dead horse in a crusade to protect their favorite player - all of those things are completely ridiculous. If you cannot make your point and argue a point in 3 replies, give up. I forget who it was but there was a poster here who disagreed with me on 4 separate posts. I think he was laughing at that concept, too, because it was unfathomable to think it could be that way - but we went a few rounds civilly and called it a truce.

There are too many lame threads, there is very little original content and new ideas are laughed at. A prime example is the "sit/trade EJ thread". Yes, it is completely laughable to consider it but that the poster could not introduce an idea for general discussion what might be best for EJ an the Bills. Instead, we get 1,000 posts on a post a current picture of the Bills situation - which is hilarious and fun but the discussion of football...crap, I don't even know and I got hay to mow. rawr

Anyone else here think a crackdown on duplicate posts would help? I know it'd drive a lot of the new people away... but there are many folks here who post the same nonsense posted in another thread.

At the bottom right corner of every post is a Report button, click on the very tiny picture below to see it...

post-9-0-60478800-1380390512_thumb.jpg

Use it and us moderators will look into it.

Now, I do not mean starting a post to link to Tim Graham's twitter saying "Alex Carrington likely to play Sunday, Byrd likely out, McKelvin GTD." I am saying someone else starting a thread asking who's out. Or someone starting another Byrd thread. I get it, 99% of the time you do not want to read and sift through a million pages of nonsense and insults and lamp's or someone beating a dead horse in a crusade to protect their favorite player - all of those things are completely ridiculous. If you cannot make your point and argue a point in 3 replies, give up. I forget who it was but there was a poster here who disagreed with me on 4 separate posts. I think he was laughing at that concept, too, because it was unfathomable to think it could be that way - but we went a few rounds civilly and called it a truce.

There are too many lame threads, there is very little original content and new ideas are laughed at. A prime example is the "sit/trade EJ thread". Yes, it is completely laughable to consider it but that the poster could not introduce an idea for general discussion what might be best for EJ an the Bills. Instead, we get 1,000 posts on a post a current picture of the Bills situation - which is hilarious and fun but the discussion of football...crap, I don't even know and I got hay to mow. rawr

i was just gonna make a point that we need another "Stevie sucks" thread. There aren't enough of them. Seems like every time he has a bad play there's a whole new thread opened in honor of a penalty.

Just to add, I personally think there should be a minimum amount of posts, or a certain status reached before being permission to start threads. Would really clean things up around here.

I have no problem with accountability. but i absolutely will not use proper punctuation or spell correctedly.

I stand firm on that Simon and BeerBall .

Being civil i am more than willing. Being mean spirited , i cant do that . healthy robust democratic dialogues ? I am not worthy but enjoy the banter.

As for me i am just here because i am a fan and like hearing, reading ,and listening to other fans. there is a great pool of knowledge and experience here that is just a pleasure for me to have access to through this venue. It's a privilege tfor me to have found you guys, all.

Hope we can sort this and come out better for it.

eric

oh and..... Go Bills!

i was just gonna make a point that we need another "Stevie sucks" thread. There aren't enough of them. Seems like every time he has a bad play there's a whole new thread opened in honor of a penalty.

Just to add, I personally think there should be a minimum amount of posts, or a certain status reached before being permission to start threads. Would really clean things up around here.

Not even a high bar but like 50-100 would really help a lot, agreed. Atleast come participate and get a feel for a little for the common topics and what's lacking and such.

At the bottom right corner of every post is a Report button, click on the very tiny picture below to see it...

post-9-0-60478800-1380390512_thumb.jpg

Use it and us moderators will look into it.

but, moderators see all of the posts and don't need us to report it right? Or you guys are busy enough that you don't have time for doing all of the clean up? It is a better idea to mock the poster instead of report him, right?

(Aren't those common misconceptions?)

but, moderators see all of the posts and don't need us to report it right? Or you guys are busy enough that you don't have time for doing all of the clean up? It is a better idea to mock the poster instead of report him, right?

(Aren't those common misconceptions?)

I can't speak for all the mods, but I don't have time to read every single thread/post on the board. Some things do stand out, like the other day when four threads were started, all about The Onion article on the Bills. But other threads with titles like "Here's my issue with...." and they cover exactly what another thread titled "Bills and penalties" do not stand out unless you read them and see they are similar.

(those are just examples, not actual thread titles)

The military is the only place you should be respectful towards others?

Man I'm talking about rules lmao, stop jumping to conclusions... That's what the OP is talking about right their. People trying to call one another out about everything.

I get the point...I read a lot on here and it seems to be a competition on who be a bigger Smartass ..It does become tiresome...some things are pretty funny but others are just stupid. Seems to be a lot of personal attacking which is enabled by no real world ramifications...