(OT) A head's up for some of you

Simon

It's weird but the "Reply Box" on my computer doesn't allow me to hit return to create a paragraph...I know some other members were having a problem with this and I am one of them. Maybe I should try using my middle finger?? :nana:

well done sir. Well done.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that those sort of respectful additions often do go a long way to keep conversations civil.....and is very good advice to be giving in regards to what should be standard forum etiquette.

I try and throw in an "IMO" or an "I believe" where appropriate as well. An example would be....

"EJ is going to be a great QB." or "I believe EJ is going to be a great QB."

These two statement types are seemingly the same but IMO will usually elicit very different reactions from other posters.

Another way to reply would be something like this....

"I disagree with your opinion because of..... "

versus

"You're a jerky jerk and a stupid head!"

Between the end of the game yesterday and midnight, I counted 34 new threads. Lots of the same old stuff. I really think the solution lies in a crackdown on low-quality threads, especially the ones created by obvious trolls. Those threads are what keep me (happily) in OTW and the Shoutbox on most days.

Is it possible to remove ONLY thread creation abilities? I don't think it needs to necessarily be based on the overall number of posts. There are high-quality threads that have originated by users with less than 300 posts ... albeit, not many.

I think it's pretty simple to identify the users who come here simply to be disruptive. Just silence them. If they don't get it, ban them. I can probably find 10 users whose permanent absence would serve as an immediate board enhancement.

If someone chimes in simply to say how terrible this place is, ban them. You'd be doing them a favor as much as the rest of us.

I'm just glad to see those posters have finally gotten the attention of the mods and cleanup seems imminent.

Peace.

Sigh.....

Once again, read this....

At the bottom right corner of every post is a Report button, click on the very tiny picture below to see it...

post-9-0-45407100-1380554479_thumb.jpg

Use it and us moderators will look into it.

You'll wind up with a bunch of other garbage posts by doing that though. People will pad post with more nonsense just to get to whatever cutoff is set.

They can use Off The Wall or PPP if they want to pad their post count.

It's weird but the "Reply Box" on my computer doesn't allow me to hit return to create a paragraph...I know some other members were having a problem with this and I am one of them. Maybe I should try using my middle finger?? :nana:

I have the same problem with my system at home, it seems to be an IE issue. Read this thread for a work around...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/159450-having-trouble-responding-to-posts/

Sigh.....

Once again, read this....

At the bottom right corner of every post is a Report button, click on the very tiny picture below to see it...

post-9-0-45407100-1380554479_thumb.jpg

Use it and us moderators will look into it.

So you're saying I'm a stupid head?

So you're saying I'm a stupid head?

In my honest opinion, no. But there have been plenty of complaints mentioned here about trolls, bad posters, etc, and yet, since I first mentioned the report button earlier in the thread, there have been only three, yes three, reports submitted. And that was on a game day, when tempers are running high.

In my honest opinion, no. But there have been plenty of complaints mentioned here about trolls, bad posters, etc, and yet, since I first mentioned the report button earlier in the thread, there have been only three, yes three, reports submitted. And that was on a game day, when tempers are running high.

That's because it's easier for myself, and others, to simply leave the main board and not use it then it is to do a moderators job for them.

It's the reason you have such a low level of quality participantion.

Only 3? That's unbelievable. I know where 1 of them came from - me reporting a duplicate post that was more or less a LAMP.

That's because it's easier for myself, and others, to simply leave the main board and not use it then it is to do a moderators job for them.

It's the reason you have such a low level of quality participantion.

Well, if you report others it would get better.

Only 3? That's unbelievable. I know where 1 of them came from - me reporting a duplicate post that was more or less a LAMP.

Well, if you report others it would get better.

I'm not wading through ten tons of bull **** inorder to report posts that are:

a) not in the proper thread

b) are not about the post topic

c) are trolling

d) are repetitive

e) are argumentitive for the sake of being argumentitive

My time is far too valuable for that, and that's what moderation is for. Furthermore, unless the management here makes real changes to what is allowed, and cleans up the riff-raff, the situation will never improve.

So, as I said, it's far easier for me to hang out in PPP where we self police and let the rest of the board go to complete ****, because that's the way it appears the moderators want it.

My ninth birf-day is just around the corner. I figger I'll be kind of mature when #10 hits.

So...you dont have to worry about me.

But yea....seriously....I dont spend much time here any more. A lot of young pop culture fans. And....Fantasy geeks. Not a lot of fans of the game of football. Knee-jerk "hey lets cut everybody" kind of fans.

The place sucks hard. Unfortunately. But...during the off-season you will know what is going on around the league by being signed up and that to me, is the value of this site.

If you believe this, I think your missing the point of the site and the message the OP is trying to get across. This is supposed to be a place of open and meaningful discussion between adults (mostly anyway) about Bills football and football in general. One's individual assessment of value in this site is based on what you (any member) take out of it. If you want more value from the site during the season, visit more and participate on the meaningful and polite discussion. I personally agree with the OP and many of the other members that have said to ban the members that are being mean spirited and just plain hurtful to others. It will send a message to the others that it wont be tolerated.

BigPappy

I'm not wading through ten tons of bull **** inorder to report posts.....

......My time is far too valuable for that, and that's what moderation is for......

You sound a bit worked up there TYTTasker.

Reporting someone is as simple as clicking the report button......and then clicking send(you can type comments if you wish).

You don't have to wade through even one ton of bull*** in order to report posts.

c) are trolling

d) are repetitive

My time is far too valuable for that, and that's what moderation is for. Furthermore, unless the management here makes real changes to what is allowed, and cleans up the riff-raff, the situation will never improve.

So, as I said, it's far easier for me to hang out in PPP where we self police and let the rest of the board go to complete ****, because that's the way it appears the moderators want it.

Then why take the time to complain about it? You're a good poster with some cents in your head worth sharing. If your time is that valuable then I find it hard to believe you're reading the BS and do not want to spare others for their time wasted.

You already wade thru the bs, why not just click the button and type a few words or a sentence. It's all I usually do... "trolling, lamp, and duplicate thread." "dup thread, other here - ____" "too off topic, causing flamewar"

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Most people stay out of PPP because it is out of control and the foxes run the hen house. Being constantly insulted personally instead of debating the subject is a huge problem, and that's why 95% of it today is almost everyone agreeing with each other because no one wants to be treated that way.

Edited by BmoreBills

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Most people stay out of PPP because it is out of control and the foxes run the hen house. Being constantly insulted personally instead of debating the subject is a huge problem, and that's why 95% of it today is almost everyone agreeing with each other because no one wants to be treated that way.

In PPP the fox has to run the hen house because you get people coming in there speaking ignorant beliefs vs. facts. You have the drive-by posters who try to taunt the normal bar flies and that usually gets ignored. But, what you are talking about is commonly misunderstood. They agree with each other because they are educated on the topic at hand and do not jump to conclusions or tolerate BS. A great running example of this is the Trayvon Martin thread.

c) are trolling

d) are repetitive

So you'd rather be part of the problem than the solution? (Not reporting posts versus reporting them)

So you'd rather be part of the problem than the solution? (Not reporting posts versus reporting them)

No, I'd rather not deal with TSW, except on my own terms, because you guys don't have a workable solution in place. I hardly do TWS at all anymore, because 75% of the content is garbage. Fix that, and I'll help.