(OT) A head's up for some of you

Simon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are degrees of free speech, people. Making it so you need to be sponsored (by someone who shares your ideas) to even join the forum excludes the "common man" aspect. I would expect that a board like that would become a place where they talk about the same thing everyday and all have the same opinion on it. That's crazy.

Exactly enough with all the rules this is a FOOTBALL FAN SITE it wouldn't even exist if people dint want to come some where and talk about thier football team. as long as the post isnt sexually graphic, racist or extremely offensive whats the big deal. Who cares if someone comes here to dispute or post a negative comment about a thread that someone starts. ITS A FREAKING FORUM for crying out loud. QUIT TRYING TO CENSOR A FORUM. Sounds to me like someone's on a power trip...on the internet none the less....

Would everyone though? Would we lose a few, good posters because of this hypothetical transition?

It's not a plan I'm advocating but I'd guess any we missed out on because of it would be offset by the large volume run off by the nonsense we get as it is now

And truly, what I've wondered lately is whether the mods think that guy has a place here or not. It seems we've been going towards yes they do, and it's taken us down the path to the current debate. The fact that its a bit ambiguous has contributed as well. I don't know that most posters know what the consensus between mods is on "the guy 12 Molsons deep."

And truly, what I've wondered lately is whether the mods think that guy has a place here or not. It seems we've been going towards yes they do, and it's taken us down the path to the current debate. The fact that its a bit ambiguous has contributed as well. I don't know that most posters know what the consensus between mods is on "the guy 12 Molsons deep."

Every quality board that I visit has one thing in common: that guy has no place.

That guy tends to run off quality posters, and hamper quality discussion. Multiple "that guys" make web forums completely unreadable.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Every quality board that I visit has one thing in common: that guy has no place.

That guy tends to run off quality posters, and hamper quality discussion. Multiple "that guys" make web forums completely unreadable.

That's kind of an exaggeration, no? A couple guys making a few stupid topics makes the board "unreadable?" Negates the quality football discussions that occur daily by a majority of posters?

So wait, can DC Tom still call people idiots?

I haven't been able to do that for a long time. You haven't noticed? What are you, some kind of idiot?

Simon has me wondering what I've done now. I've been too busy to pick on anyone outside of PPP the past couple weeks. I haven't even kicked the dog recently.

Oh, well. Been nice knowing y'all.

That's kind of an exaggeration, no? A couple guys making a few stupid topics makes the board "unreadable?" Negates the quality football discussions that occur daily by a majority of posters?

I think you'd be surprised how many people are exhausted with regards to dealing with the guy in the back screaming. We've lost a lot of good posters completely, many stick to the secondary boards (otw and ppp) and I get the impression several others are wearing pretty thin.

I think you'd be surprised how many people are exhausted with regards to dealing with the guy in the back screaming. We've lost a lot of good posters completely, many stick to the secondary boards (otw and ppp) and I get the impression several others are wearing pretty thin.

this---^

I find myself heading to OTW more and more. Between the Simpsons game thread, GTA5, whatever show is in season and of course all the "would ya" threads. I really get quite a bit there.

The "Stevie isn't a true #1", "Manuel isn't our guy", "Byrd is a weenie" threads are getting really old. Unfortunately I feel like I've got stock in some of those threads so I feel compelled and obligated to continue my arguments but in the end, if I think Stevie is good and someone else doesn't think he is, the argument should stop there. Most of the time your not going to change someone's opinion of a player or topic anyway.

Would it be worthwhile to limit posters with less then 500 posts from starting more then 1 thread a day? Look at half of these post game threads regurging the same thing over and over by folks with next to no posts.

That's why I tend to stick to PPP. It's a much smaller self cleaning community.

Is that why Tom keeps licking me?

I think this is just the "complaining about other posters" type of thing that Simon's talking about.

So if you don't like being licked, I guess you're just going to have to put up with it.

I was not complaining, because clearly I would be punished for that. Although, I do not think Simon would appreciate a reporting of you for licking me... wait, where were we? Oh, yeah, I don't mind it at all.

I know that I'm not the only one who's getting really tired of people whose only purpose here seems to be to complain about other posters and the forum in general.

If you want to come here to talk about the Bills, great. If you just want to hang out and be a contributing part of a cool community, that's awesome too.

But if your primary goal here is to complain about the board and mock other Bills fans, you might as well turn around and get the !@#$ out right now because I've had enough. I love this place and this community and I'm not going to stand idly by while a bunch of whiny jerks do their best to break it down.

Those jerks are about to start getting a lot of extra attention from me, and if you don;'t want to be one of them, I suggest you make more of an effort to be part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem. Cuz some of these problem are about to get solved in a permanent way in very short order.

Hope y'all enjoy the sunshine today and the game tomorrow!

Good post and thanks Simon... :thumbsup:

If I can throw my 2 cents in...As a member of this board since before I can remember it has a very special place in my life...It's my homepage at work, my homepage at home...it has been since I got internet...And that was a long, long, time ago...And I almost never complain...Almost never... ;)

When I see posts about what is wrong with Bills fans, or I read incredibly ridiculous over-exaggerations and over-generalizations about what Bills fans think, or believe overall, I think that is where this board gets the farthest away from it's roots...This board was built on the good, solid, football conversation about THE BILLS...The team, the coaches, the front office, etc...The game...On the field and off...This board has been an absolute wealth of solid knowledge about Bills football for many, many years now...This board suffers greatly when it veers off that course into conversation about what "the fans" think...Keep the conversation to football on and off the field...Even check your facts now and again...If you find yourself starting a post to point out how you were right and ALL "the fans" were wrong...Or all the pundits were wrong...Just stop...Please for the love of all things good, which is TBD to me, just stop...There are ways to make your points about football without pointing out how everyone else is wrong...Talk about football...Make your point, right or wrong...But keep it about the Bills and about the NFL...That's what makes this board the best on the internet... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Good post and thanks Simon... :thumbsup:

If I can throw my 2 cents in...As a member of this board since before I can remember it has a very special place in my life...It's my homepage at work, my homepage at home...it has been since I got internet...And that was a long, long, time ago...And I almost never complain...Almost never... ;)

When I see posts about what is wrong with Bills fans, or I read incredibly ridiculous over-exaggerations and over-generalizations about what Bills fans think, or believe overall, I think that is where this board gets the farthest away from it's roots...This board was built on the good, solid, football conversation about THE BILLS...The team, the coaches, the front office, etc...The game...On the field and off...This board has been an absolute wealth of solid knowledge about Bills football for many, many years now...This board suffers greatly when it veers off that course into conversation about what "the fans" think...Keep the conversation to football on and off the field...Even check your facts now and again...If you find yourself starting a post to point out how you were right and ALL "the fans" were wrong...Or all the pundits were wrong...Just stop...Please for the love of all things good, which is TBD to me, just stop...There are ways to make your points about football without pointing out how everyone else is wrong...Talk about football...Make your point, right or wrong...But keep it about the Bills and about the NFL...That's what makes this board the best on the internet... B-)

great post KO.

Adding to that. Some people just need to understand that their opinions are just opinions (I'm guilty of this). Regardless how passionate you may be about a topic, certain player, coach, staff member, FO, owner, fan, there will always be someone somewhere that is just as passionate in the opposite way. It's one of the things that makes this site great. The arguments, points being made, and generalization as to why you opinion should be the right one. But at the same time the banter and personal attacks (also guilty) need to take a back seat.

In the end, just rember that every time you think you can't possibly be wrong, someone else is thinking the same exact thing. A little bit of respect goes a long way. Respect for others opinions, respect for their knowledge of the game, respect for the posters history. All things should be considered.