Setting up the Global Warming lies to come

OCinBuffalo

That made no sense. Write English, retard.

:lol: :lol:

Anybody else know Douglas Adams's work? Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc.?

One of his "creations" is the inifinite improbability drive. In a sentence, it uses improbability for space travel. (I'm not going to bother explaining how, for obvious reasons: gatorman).

I was thinking: perhaps we could develop something called the infinite irrationality drive, using gatorman as fuel?

It pains me when you drop a Douglas Adams reference because it almost makes me respect you. Almost ;):beer:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or obvious reasons

Nobody needs to be doing anything about Global Warming: the observations have disproved the theory(which, turns out, as Tom has described, never was a theory, or a hypothesis, and isn't really science....since there is no way to falsify any of it.)

if your going to base your agruments on appeal to authority it's wise to appeal to a distinguished and recognized one. too bad you didn't.

And, once again: 80% of this country knows the Global Warming jig us up....clowns like gatorman and birdog, and media matters, represent the 20% who will never admit that this issue was a leftist scam. Largely because: they were the ones perpetrating the scam.

Haven't you heard OC, they are switching stories because they know that no one is buying the doomsday part anymore.

The new push is increased regulations and laws because 'climate change' is giving little Johnny asthma.

'Climate change' meets kitchen table as issue gets personal...

Obama Sounds Alarm: 'Climate Change' Growing Threat to Health...

Haven't you heard OC, they are switching stories because they know that no one is buying the doomsday part anymore.

The new push is increased regulations and laws because 'climate change' is giving little Johnny asthma.

Free inhalers for everyone!

:-)

Sure, let's base our economy on such bs as this:

http://dailycaller.c...-public-demand/

Polar bear populations became the centerpiece of the effort to fight global warming due to claims that melting polar ice caps would cause the bears to become endangered in the near future. Years ago, some scientists predicted the Arctic would be virtually ice free by now.

Polar bears became the first species listed under the Endangered Species Act because they could potentially be harmed by global warming. But some recent studies have found that some polar bear subpopulations have actually flourished in recent years.

“So, the global estimates were… ‘simply a qualified guess given to satisfy public demand’ and according to this statement, were never meant to be considered scientific estimates, despite what they were called, the scientific group that issued them, and how they were used,” Crockford said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz33gUzfBuR

Edited by 3rdnlng

if your going to base your agruments on appeal to authority it's wise to appeal to a distinguished and recognized one. too bad you didn't.

I didn't appeal to authority, you unmitigated moron: I referenced Tom's, still unrefuted, argument. I referenced his work, not him, and certainly not "because Tom said so".

I merely gave credit where it was due.

No, I have not heard, largely because this is the only place where I see any reference/time spent on this issue at all.

This is rapidly turning into girls lacrosse: the only people who care about it enough to spend any time on it are the players on the field, their coaches, and parents. :lol: EDIT: Well, I forgot about that one sorry-assed dude...who likes Suzy, but doesn't realize that Suzy would never go out with a guy pathetic enough to sit through an entire girls lacrosse game.

However, the irony of "global catastrophic" issue being now sold as "Jim Carrey: vaccines cause autism" is quite pleasing.

When can we expect the Global Warming Informercials? When can we expect the 3am fund raising commercials, like UNICEF/SPCA, when all the government $ runs dry?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Okay. I'll do it.

Pan back from closeup of forlorn looking street waif in a seal fur parka

Reveal the sign being held by the waif, slightly out of focus... reaching focus in 6 seconds

Sign says, "If only you knew how bad your automobile, home air conditioning, and warm winter house was hurting the

article-2385930-1B2F7460000005DC-364_634x402.jpg

POLAR BEAR!"

Narration, voice-over while camera uses Ken Burns Effect on slideshow of one calamitous bag of ****-shots of dead/decaying animals and their feces-encrusted spawn:

"If you CARE about POLAR BEARS, and their survival won't you call this number 1-800-I-GOTTA-HAVE-IT and pledge a gift to the Al Gore Retirement and Second Chakra-Release Fund now? Your pledge of just $249.00 a week will ensure that a POLAR BEAR will eat another day, that it will be cooled to temperatures it needs to survive for just another day.

Your pledge of less than a thousand dollars a month will help to keep the POLAR BEAR population and push back the wicked envelope of death that is encircling it from the far-distant bastions of greedy capitalism and the economic bureaucracy that's enslaving our world and strangling the diverse species of protoplasm that inhabits it!"

10 precious seconds of silence (it's worth millions, I tell ya).

Cut to pan back to neat shot of a dead POLAR BEAR with "x"s over it's eyes, and focus forward to the sign in block red letters on a white background that reads: "If only you cared! Send money NOW!"

Edited by Nanker

Lower emissions and higher economic growth? Yes!

http://www.nytimes.c...ward=relbias:s,[%22RI%3A9%22%2C%22RI%3A18%22]

Pretty cool.

You don't read past the headlines of articles you post do you?

Capping carbon emissions could still slow economic growth, and it is possible that the nine states that joined the cap-and-trade program would have had even better economic growth without the program. These states have more nuclear and natural-gas energy in their portfolios than do many other states; other states that depend primarily on coal power may not be able to reduce emissions as swiftly.

And please point to the part in the article the shows the two (capping emisions and economic growth) are related? Oh that's right. You can't to that either.

I live in British Columbia. In 2008, the province instituted a carbon tax with a corresponding cut in income taxes. This made the tax "revenue neutral" so the governments total tax take remained the same. Although there was a transfer of wealth among citizens as people who were more depended automobile use (rural residents) paid slightly more tax, where as urban dwellers who used less gasoline and had some alternative transit options available earned some tax savings.

Generally the Carbon Tax appears to be a success. It's estimated that B.C's GHG emissions have been reduced by 19% per capita, but the provinces GDP has kept pace with the rest of Canada.

I don't believe taking action to reduce GHG emissions will be that costly economically. And if we are concerned that the human generated climate could render parts of the planet uninhabitable 100 years from now that it seems like taking action to reduce GHGs makes sense, if the economic costs are small. That being said, given global industrial growth its hard to imagine that reducing of GHG's in Canada and U.S. would do much to slow the pace carbon emissions.

You don't read past the headlines of articles you post do you?

And please point to the part in the article the shows the two (capping emisions and economic growth) are related? Oh that's right. You can't to that either.

Hey, they capped emissions and the economy still outperformed other ares of the country. What are you crying about?

JAMES TARANTO: Springtime for Warmists: A Beltway commentator endorses “dictatorial” government.

Last month Rush Limbaugh remarked that the reason for “the re-establishment of climate change and global warming as a new primary impetus of the White House” is that “it offers the president opportunities to be dictatorial.”

A defender of the president might counter that “dictatorial” is overwrought. After all, whether or not his proposed regulations are wise, they are based on an act of Congress and an interpretation of that law that has passed muster with the Supreme Court. They won’t take effect until members of the public have had the opportunity to make their views known to the Environmental Protection Agency. And Obama will remain in office for only another 2½ years or so, after which his (democratically elected) successors will have the authority to revise the regulations. Congress also retains the authority to change the law.

But National Journal’s Lucia Graves takes a different approach. Instead of denying that Obama’s actions are dictatorial, she disputes Limbaugh’s implicit premise that there’s anything wrong with that. Lest you think we exaggerate, her piece is titled “Obama’s Thankfully ‘Dictatorial’ Approach to Climate Change.”

According to Graves, Limbaugh “has it precisely backward: The decision to use executive authority is the means, not the ends.” And you’ll never guess what justifies the means: “It also makes a lot of sense when it comes to global warming given Congress’s failure to pass the Waxman-Markey energy bill in 2009, and, for decades before that, to pass any sort of comprehensive climate legislation whatsoever.”

Yes, it has come to this. Americans are being urged to submit to “dictatorial” government because democracy is incapable of controlling the weather.

Have you noticed that the nature of the crisis du jour may change, but the solutions always involve higher taxes and more power for the political class? Show me a “crisis” that called for the opposite and I might take it seriously.

Three things

1) We've already reduced our carbon foot print more so than any other country in the world.

2) There won't be a world-wide tax on carbon for at least another 30 years, simply because India and China have the justified authority to continue growing/polluting mainly because the rest of the advanced world did so previously. For advanced countries to dictate their growth and future path is hypocritically preposterous.

3) Without #2 happening, it's all a waste and won't happen.

In conclusion, the best thing the US can do is continue attempting to be more energy efficient while not harming the economy.

Edited by Magox