The Problem with Bills' fans

1B4IDie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Problem with Bills' fans is that they have no faith. There is no Faith that the team is getting worse. There is no faith the team is getting better. Every win means we're going to the Super Bowl and every Loss means we're going to get the first pick in the draft.

I'm not hear to tell you to have faith. I'm not hear to tell you to have patience. Missing the playoffs for 14 years is a long time. The team hasn't earned your faith or your patience.

I'm here to say, We have a rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, and a Rookie LB calling the plays on Defense. The team is not going to the playoffs.

Lets take it easy and enjoy the highs of the season and not freak completely out on the lows of the season.

There will be lots of mistakes but that doesn't mean every draft pick was wasted. There will be lots of great plays that doesn't mean every draft pick will go to the Hall of Fame.

It is fair to say that any rookie will more often than not be better from their 2nd game to their 3rd game and their 3rd game to their 4th game. Lets give this 4 headed rookie monster atleast 8 games before we start proclaiming them to be saviors or satans maybe even a whole 16.

A Majority of these "EJ is Amazing" "EJ is Horrible" "Hackett is an idiot" "Kiko is a HOFer" "Kiko can't play LB" threads are downright insane. This board is tipping to complete waste of time because Bills fans are losing their minds.

Bills fans, lets all take a deep breath, get some composure, get some perspective, sit back with a few Labatt Blues and watch some football. Thats all. Just watch some football.

Take note of the plays that show potential. Take not of the plays that show areas of improvement. Lets discuss what the means but we don't have to take every positive to the extreme or every negative to the extreme. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Would it be ok if I did this with Molson Golden's?

The problem with Bills' fans is that we are like abused spouses. We are abused on an annual basis with crap teams that show occasional glimpses of promise, so we tell everyone, no no, it's ok, it will get better, the team means well and really will be good in the future, only to face the abuse of watching the crap rear its ugly head again and again. We stick with the Bills because we do not think there is any alternative (and in reality, as long as the team is in Buffalo there will never be an alternative to being a Bills' fan) no matter how heart-breaking it is year after year after year of rebuilding and tearing down and rebuilding again. Some people blowing off steam on a message board should be the least of a Bills' concerns.

The Problem with Bills' fans is that they have no faith. There is no Faith that the team is getting worse. There is no faith the team is getting better. Every win means we're going to the Super Bowl and every Loss means we're going to get the first pick in the draft.

I'm not hear to tell you to have faith. I'm not hear to tell you to have patience. Missing the playoffs for 14 years is a long time. The team hasn't earned your faith or your patience.

I'm here to say, We have a rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, and a Rookie LB calling the plays on Defense. The team is not going to the playoffs.

Lets take it easy and enjoy the highs of the season and not freak completely out on the lows of the season.

There will be lots of mistakes but that doesn't mean every draft pick was wasted. There will be lots of great plays that doesn't mean every draft pick will go to the Hall of Fame.

It is fair to say that any rookie will more often than not be better from their 2nd game to their 3rd game and their 3rd game to their 4th game. Lets give this 4 headed rookie monster atleast 8 games before we start proclaiming them to be saviors or satans maybe even a whole 16.

A Majority of these "EJ is Amazing" "EJ is Horrible" "Hackett is an idiot" "Kiko is a HOFer" "Kiko can't play LB" threads are downright insane. This board is tipping to complete waste of time because Bills fans are losing their minds.

Bills fans, lets all take a deep breath, get some composure, get some perspective, sit back with a few Labatt Blues and watch some football. Thats all. Just watch some football.

Take note of the plays that show potential. Take not of the plays that show areas of improvement. Lets discuss what the means but we don't have to take every positive to the extreme or every negative to the extreme. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The reason you see so much fan over reaction is because you are in a place where the sole purpose is to get things off of your chest at any moment.

Expecting anything different is insane.

TBD is a place where we are allowed to start insane threads, receive feedback and eventually have things put back in perspective.

The fact that this bothers you shows how emotional YOU are and maybe you should consider following a different sport.

Go Bills

Edited by brucethomas34

The reason you see so much fan over reaction is because you are in a place where the sole purpose is to get things off of your chest at any moment.

Expecting anything different is insane.

TBD is a place where we are allowed to start insane threads, receive feedback and eventually have things put back in perspective.

The fact that this bothers you shows how emotional YOU are and maybe you should consider following a different sport.

Go Bills

That's not at all what TBD is about.

You should consider that before you pollute the board any more.

Agree with the OP about some posts being on the extreme but in general I find most responses to be fairly well thought out. Maybe I'm in the minority here? But you have to take comments from Bills fans in the context of 14 years (sorry, I'm already counting this season) without a playoff appearance. The point I'm making is we've been here before during this stretch and have yet to see any positive results at the end of any of these 3 or 4 year 'plans' to return to the glory days of the early 90's. So I can forgive a lot of people for being overly pessimistic.

My own view is that this time it is different. This coaching staff has a different 'feel' to it. Are they going to make mistakes? Sure, but I think they're smart enough to know learn and adapt as the season goes forward. This draft class looks pretty solid at the top and with time I think Manuel is be a very good QB and leader. Once the defense assimilates all of Pettine's scheme we should see great improvement.

Assuming they get some of the injured back and don't suffer any more serious personnel losses I can see this team rounding out in the second half of the season and being a tough bunch to play against. They should be getting a decent draft spot for next springs draft and I look to 2014 as the season they turn the corner.

I was born and raised a Bills fan

I went to a Bills/Pats game years ago at the Ralph, it was not enjoyable to be a Bills fan.

I went to a Bills/Jets game years ago at the Ralph, it was not enjoyable to be a Bills fan.

I went to a Bills/Titans game years ago at the Ralph, it was not enjoyable to be a Bills fan.

I went to a Bills/Chargers game years ago at Qualcomm, it was not enjoyable to be a Bills fan.

I have not enjoyed this years version of the Bills.

I'm tired man. I'm really tired of this garbage.

But I log into Two Bills Drive almost everyday.

Yawn!

Glad to see that you have such high standards for your team.

Many have faith, they have faith that those administrating this team are incompetent and probably should be working at a McDonalds instead.

No, I'm not kidding, really.

This is simply the next installment of that incompetence.

No one wants to really say it, but we're all waiting for Wilson to kick off so that we can see where this team is going to be after that.

He's had his chances, plenty, to sell the team to people wanting to keep it here, but he's flat out refused.

Meanwhile, idiocy and incompetence will just have to be the gifts that keep on giving in Buffalo.

Faith? LOL In what? Morons?

I don't think so.

I was born and raised a Bills fan

I have not enjoyed this years version of the Bills.

I'm tired man. I'm really tired of this garbage.

That's it exactly. The Bills have been unenjoyable to watch for at least several seasons now.

Most people would rather do something else on Sundays and do, which sometimes includes watching other teams play just to remember what real pro football actually is, and this season has quickly and way too soon reached that point.

Real fans don't mind struggles and challenges, as long as those running things are competent and just that, struggling. These guys are struggling, but it's not because of circumstances or newness, it's pretty obviously because they don't know what they're doing.

But in this case, and yet again, we've been handed another turd sandwich with special sauce supplied by Brandon and we're all supposed to BILL-ieve again until it becomes not just normally obvious, but painfully and blatantly obvious that this coaching staff was just another poor hire.

Some of us have more self-respect than that.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I don't have to read any responses to know that someone will insist the fans are allowed to feel that way with 13 non-playoff seasons in a row. That is the answer to everything. And because the Bills have missed for 13 years the time allowed for a turnaround gets shorter and shorter. Everyone says they want to rebuild, get a franchise QB and start over, but they want to blow the team up after one bad loss because they can already see it's all gone to schitt.

My suggestion to those fans is take a break.

PTR

Agree with the OP about some posts being on the extreme but in general I find most responses to be fairly well thought out. Maybe I'm in the minority here? But you have to take comments from Bills fans in the context of 14 years (sorry, I'm already counting this season) without a playoff appearance. The point I'm making is we've been here before during this stretch and have yet to see any positive results at the end of any of these 3 or 4 year 'plans' to return to the glory days of the early 90's. So I can forgive a lot of people for being overly pessimistic.

My own view is that this time it is different. This coaching staff has a different 'feel' to it. Are they going to make mistakes? Sure, but I think they're smart enough to know learn and adapt as the season goes forward. This draft class looks pretty solid at the top and with time I think Manuel is be a very good QB and leader. Once the defense assimilates all of Pettine's scheme we should see great improvement.

Assuming they get some of the injured back and don't suffer any more serious personnel losses I can see this team rounding out in the second half of the season and being a tough bunch to play against. They should be getting a decent draft spot for next springs draft and I look to 2014 as the season they turn the corner.

We keep saying 13 years, or "since the '90s," or "since Polian," but what few people seem to realize is that the Polian years were an anomaly. Outside of them a strong case can be made that this is the most futile franchise that the league has ever seen.

Meanwhile, with idiots running things, we for some reason expect lightning to strike twice and we somehow end up with another Polian when the first one was nothing more than an accident.

That's like hoping and waiting for a bull to grow breasts.

Pettine's had plenty of time to at least get his front 7 playing some coordinated football and they can't even stop the run, it's far worse than last season, a status that we all said would be all but impossible. Well, it's happened.

We can blame the passing game on Byrd and Gilmore not being there, but there is no excuse for what's happening in the running game making all but unknown RBs look like top-10 rushers.

Hackett's even worse, it's pathetic. It's almost as if he's never coached before.

Apparently Buffalo is a great place for coaches to come and try their trade in a "no worries" environment.

I wonder if we'll allow 1,000 yards in a game this season. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it.

I don't have to read any responses to know that someone will insist the fans are allowed to feel that way with 13 non-playoff seasons in a row. That is the answer to everything. And because the Bills have missed for 13 years the time allowed for a turnaround gets shorter and shorter. Everyone says they want to rebuild, get a franchise QB and start over, but they want to blow the team up after one bad loss because they can already see it's all gone to schitt.

My suggestion to those fans is take a break.

PTR

Well, you've synopsized the differences in two big groups of fans.

One side realizes that these coaches are already and so soon in over their heads. It's obvious, they don't even get the fundamentals right and can't even improve upon last season's debacle.

The other side keeps waiting for a duck to turn into a swan while telling those that can see that obvious that there's no reason to worry.

LOL

Deja vu.

Honestly, I'll give it 6 more games before that vast majority of people familiar with this team come to the same obvious conclusion. It just takes some people longer than others to figure out what's going on.

I thought that if if this coaching staff were really going to fail that it would take a good season and a half to figure that out. Man was I wrong. I don't think I've ever seen such coaching incompetence after just a few games.

Meanwhile, some people just continue to overlook the tell-tale signs that were there to begin with. Of course in hindsight they'll all claim that they knew.

Right PTR?

The season is not over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pea....awwwww never mind. I agree whole heartedly with Why So Serious. New Coach(s) new system, rookie QB, lots of learning to go. I have noticed a definite change for the better in the overall team play. They at least don't give up in the 4th quarter. So chill and watch awhile before we get the torches and battering rams to storm Frankinteams castle. It might not be pretty but bite the bullet (take it out of the gun first) and let's see what the rest of the season brings. Pass the chicken wings please. GO BILLS!!