Whaley and the trade deadline - is it time to trade Spiller?

Dragonborn10

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Trade Byrd
    • Trade Spiller
    • Trade FJ
    • Trade Stevie
    • Trade any other player
    • Make no moves

Trade Spiller why..? Because our OC can't find a way to use one of the most dynamic players in the NFL..? Why don't we trade our OC..! Every time a new staff comes in they get rid of a few of the young good players and then get fired 2 years later and we do it all over again..

Agree. Has Spiller lined up as WR yet?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I would trade Spiller.

Cleveland took a lot of heat for trading Trent Richardson but they got good value for him. Spiller and RB's are not the answer in the NFL. They aren't even in the question anymore. As many on here point out, their ability to pass block is probably more important than their ability to run. This team has only one asset of any value - Spiller.

Go ahead and accuse me of trading away the good players. I ask you what is the chance he resigns with the team? At 6 yards a carry last year how many wins did that translate into? This team needs multiple OL, multiple TE's, a gamebreaking WR, two DB's, and now a DE.

It is time to make up for yet another bad decsion by Nix and build this team around the o-line, EJ, and the passing game like every other succesful team is doing.

No, actually, they didn't.

They basically traded an early 1st round pick in last years draft for a mid to later round pick 2 years from now, if you leave out the fact that they made a deal to move up to get him in the first place. Then throw in that they never shopped him around, cause if they did, there were other GMs that said they would have been willing to give up more for him

I'd be curious to see what the market is like for Byrd. Probably not good unfortunately. He's like the 7th best safety but wants to be paid like the best and has foot and hip problems. If we could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him though I'd do it on a second

I will assume management is looking at this season as one where the young guys develop and wins are not the focal point. Don't look for any trades. Build the team through the draft and a 1 or 2 free agents. Next draft will see emphasis on O line, DB and DT (someone needs to stop the run).

No, actually, they didn't.

They basically traded an early 1st round pick in last years draft for a mid to later round pick 2 years from now, if you leave out the fact that they made a deal to move up to get him in the first place. Then throw in that they never shopped him around, cause if they did, there were other GMs that said they would have been willing to give up more for him

Where they drafted him a year and a half ago has nothing to do with whether they got value for Richardson when they traded him last week. The fact is that so far, Richardson has not demonstrated the skills and ability one would expect of a back drafted no. 3 overall. And he's been injury-prone. To me, it's surprising that Indy was willing to give up a first-round pick for him given that he has so far failed to vindicate his lofty draft position. Therefore, I think a good case could be made that the Browns got great value for what, to them at least, was a potential bust in the making.

My point is is there a team willing to give up a #1 right now like the Colts? I say no. In fact I think the Colts were nuts to do what they did. High risk move. One minute we are saying never use a 1 to draft a RB, the next we are saying of course Spiller is worth a 1.

You might be right, although I think Spiller is worth a lot more than Richardson. Whatever his faults, Spiller is a proven game-breaker and, when used properly, is a major weapon. Richardson is not. Richardson probably has a more favorable contract, though. Bottom line is that I'm not at all sure there are teams willing to give up a no. 1 for Spiller. If I were the Bills, I would seriously entertain such an offer, especially if it came from a team likely to draft high next year.

Been saying it for weeks. Trade Spiller. We have our franchise (I think) QB. Tashard Choice is a viable backup to Fred. Its a passing league, get a pick or two for CJ or maybe a SHUTDOWN CORNER for him. Draft another RB in 2014.

Or why not package Byrd & CJ together. Its not unheard of. Byrd don't wanna be here and CJ can only gash cupcake defenses. Why the hell not...

Been saying it for weeks. Trade Spiller. We have our franchise (I think) QB. Tashard Choice is a viable backup to Fred. Its a passing league, get a pick or two for CJ or maybe a SHUTDOWN CORNER for him. Draft another RB in 2014.

getting rid of your probowler, and best player on Offense doesn't seen real bright.

A Pro Bowl "Alternate" last year. This offense doesn't fit him at all.

I just can't imagine where consistently downgrading talent at positions leads to winning seasons. Spiller is second only to AP as far as exlosive talent, if we can't find a way to use one of our 2 outstanding weapons (throw a prop to SJ) to move the chains or score points, that is on Hack and Dougie.

JTO, Fergy, Captain - what do you suggest? Put it out there so we can see what you would do. Continue to build through the draft and resign our own? Spend big in FA? Don't spend in FA?

I agree with you, we should go into full fledged panic mode immediately and pull the plug on this rebuilding effort before we go too far down this road of failure. Three games, one win and two close losses, is more than enough evidence to pronounce this team and this season to be a completely lost cause. It goes without saying that whatever draft pick we get for Spiller is guaranteed to be a pro bowler and of way more help to this team than Spiller so its not like we would be trading a blue chip running back so that we can draft only god knows who. And while we are at it, I think we should give the injury-prone, soon to be a greedy bastard who wants more money Gilmore. How much longer are we going to waste our time hoping this guy will produce? Stay bold my friend.

I have to say I would trade Spiller.

Cleveland took a lot of heat for trading Trent Richardson but they got good value for him. Spiller and RB's are not the answer in the NFL. They aren't even in the question anymore. As many on here point out, their ability to pass block is probably more important than their ability to run. This team has only one asset of any value - Spiller.

Go ahead and accuse me of trading away the good players. I ask you what is the chance he resigns with the team? At 6 yards a carry last year how many wins did that translate into? This team needs multiple OL, multiple TE's, a gamebreaking WR, two DB's, and now a DE.

It is time to make up for yet another bad decsion by Nix and build this team around the o-line, EJ, and the passing game like every other succesful team is doing.

I love how you added the option to trade Byrd. That's even funnier than the fact that it's the number one voted option so far!

What exactly do you think you are going to get for a rental free safety that you will only have guaranteed for the rest of this season because he can't sign or otherwise legally commit himself to a long-term deal with ANY team until next year after the season is over??

Add to that that he supposedly has a bad enough case of plantar fasciitis in both feet that he can't play and his $7 Million dollar salary (minus 3 games), and I'd say maybe you could get a bag of balls and a couple of tees. You might get them to throw in a cooler for sports drinks and a warmer thingy for the sideline for later in the season.

Edited by BuffaloBob