[closed]CJ Spiller's Main Goal Is Getting Paid

CJ Spiller is mainly concerned with going into his contract year healthy. He is not a "do whatever it takes for the team" type of guy. He has his contract year in his sights and he is going to do what he has to do to get paid. I'm not saying he is an anti-team guy. He is not that either. He is not a total cancer by any means like a T.O. But he is not a grind it out guy who will play through pain and minor injuries for the benefit of the team.

He is constantly "checking himself out" of games after just a couple of downs. He is very careful with his body. He is always coming up making sure he is not injured and at the slightest thought that he is injured, he'll err on the side of caution. He knows that running backs don't have a ton of longevity in this league and he has to get a big 2nd contract to build a nest egg. He knows his stock is high with his explosive abilities and a year on record with 6.0 yards per touch. He will get paid big if he goes into a contract year healthy and he knows it. Sucks for the Bills but this is a big part of how he operates.

In addition, a lot of our team is soft. We heard all kinds of things about the new training staff. They must suck too. Injuries galore. This is not an excuse either Bills.

CJ Spiller is mainly concerned with going into his contract year healthy. He is not a "do whatever it takes for the team" type of guy. He has his contract year in his sights and he is going to do what he has to do to get paid. I'm not saying he is an anti-team guy. He is not that either. He is not a total cancer by any means like a T.O. But he is not a grind it out guy who will play through pain and minor injuries for the benefit of the team.

He is constantly "checking himself out" of games after just a couple of downs. He is very careful with his body. He is always coming up making sure he is not injured and at the slightest thought that he is injured, he'll err on the side of caution. He knows that running backs don't have a ton of longevity in this league and he has to get a big 2nd contract to build a nest egg. He knows his stock is high with his explosive abilities and a year on record with 6.0 yards per touch. He will get paid big if he goes into a contract year healthy and he knows it. Sucks for the Bills but this is a big part of how he operates.

In addition, a lot of our team is soft. We heard all kinds of things about the new training staff. They must suck too. Injuries galore. This is not an excuse either Bills.

Let me make sure I understand. You're saying that CJ is taking it easy THIS year, so that he can ENTER his contract year next year injury free. And this will allow him to receive a huge contract based on what he did LAST year. Do I have that right?

I think your comments on spiller are a bit uncalled for.