Wheels Falling Off

prissythecat

Nope. Am not posting another "woe is me" type thread since its a given that the Bills will go through struggles with the new coaching staff and new personnel. Hopefully we see improvement during the course of the season and not regression.

To change things up a bit, lets talk about the following talented teams with some proven coaches whose wheels seem to be falling off early in the season:

1) San Francisco : Is Kaepernick a half season wonder? Except for the season opener where he passed for over 400 yards against a suspect Green Bay defense, he has been awful this year. Do you think San Fran would have been better off with Alex Smith? And where is their defense? It seems to be MIA.

2) Pittsburgh: Age and injuries taking their toll. Whatever happened to that vaunted front office? They have not really addressed any of talent and depth gaps that have become apparent in recent seasons.

3) The Giants: Poor pass protection and no defense = 0-3.

Nope. Am not posting another "woe is me" type thread since its a given that the Bills will go through struggles with the new coaching staff and new personnel. Hopefully we see improvement during the course of the season and not regression.

To change things up a bit, lets talk about the following talented teams with some proven coaches whose wheels seem to be falling off early in the season:

1) San Francisco : Is Kaepernick a half season wonder? Except for the season opener where he passed for over 400 yards against a suspect Green Bay defense, he has been awful this year. Do you think San Fran would have been better off with Alex Smith? And where is their defense? It seems to be MIA.

2) Pittsburgh: Age and injuries taking their toll. Whatever happened to that vaunted front office? They have not really addressed any of talent and depth gaps that have become apparent in recent seasons.

If I'm a fan of those franchises, at least I have experienced multiple superbowl victories. I give my team a break then.Unlike the Bills, who's wheels are always spinning. Sorry for turning this into a "woe is me" reply.

I think yesterday just got away from them, but the Giants have done a poor job of tending to the OL...it's been a problem that's been years in the making. On defense they've got injury problems.

San Fran? Too early to tell but just based on the scores it doesn't seem like that defense is living up to its top billing.

Pittsburgh seems to have focused on fixing their biggest problem from a few years ago -- OL. In the meantime their skill guys and defense got old or moved on. Definitely time to restock the cupboard.

The wheels definitely fell off yesterday. It's gonna take A LOT of adjustment to get this "team" in sync.

Justin Rogers had heard about the Bills circling the wagons but he never thought it would cause dizziness and nausea.

Ok I'm done talking about the obvious. How the Hell do we get better from here is the question.

I say the minute Legursky gets healthy and we pull Colin Brown out the lineup and see how that works out. Let's also maybe try some Power O runs and some I-formations instead of running from the Shotgun. That's pretty much the only thing I can think of as a quick change until Byrd, Gilmore and McKelvin come back.

Ugh!

Oh and calm EJ the !@#$ down... Has he always had this happy feet problem? A couple of the sacks could have easily been avoided with throwing the ball away or being alert and side stepping. That knee he took on the very last play was like, I surrender, please, nomore.

Ugh!

You didn't really read the op's post, did you?

The wheels definitely fell off yesterday. It's gonna take A LOT of adjustment to get this "team" in sync.

Justin Rogers had heard about the Bills circling the wagons but he never thought it would cause dizziness and nausea.

Ok I'm done talking about the obvious. How the Hell do we get better from here is the question.

I say the minute Legursky gets healthy and we pull Colin Brown out the lineup and see how that works out. Let's also maybe try some Power O runs and some I-formations instead of running from the Shotgun. That's pretty much the only thing I can think of as a quick change until Byrd, Gilmore and McKelvin come back.

Ugh!

Oh and calm EJ the !@#$ down... Has he always had this happy feet problem? A couple of the sacks could have easily been avoided with throwing the ball away or being alert and side stepping. That knee he took on the very last play was like, I surrender, please, nomore.

Ugh!

Edited by Nikademus

I think San Fran is in the most trouble of all those teams. Why? The Giants and Steelers have proven winning QB's, and good WR's. They can both rebuild their O-lines and D-lines in the draft. But if I am a San Fran fan, I am seriously beginning to worry that Kapernick was a one year wonder and that he has been figured out. I expect to see all these teams bounce back this year or soon, but it is shocking.

I was never a fan of Kaepernick, I think the 49ers made a mistake letting go of Smith. And now Andy Reid and the Chiefs are laughing all the way to the playoffs. Granted, they will have to get used to the frustrating fact that Smith has no deep ball, but he's such a great slot passer and can even scramble when he needs to - 49ers will be missing Smith.

Pittsburgh: Seem to be getting old, finding holes in their roster they didn't expect...but they will bounce back. They aren't at the same level of rebuilding as the AFC teams (minus Pats)

Giants: I have to admit I was expecting them to be much better this year. Nicks is healthy, Cruz is becoming a reliable vet, and Wilson was supposed to be a great addition to their running game. Who could have predicted this flop? Sad, too - I've liked the Giants ever since they became the Achilles' Heel of the Patriots.

I think San Fran is in the most trouble of all those teams. Why? The Giants and Steelers have proven winning QB's, and good WR's. They can both rebuild their O-lines and D-lines in the draft. But if I am a San Fran fan, I am seriously beginning to worry that Kapernick was a one year wonder and that he has been figured out. I expect to see all these teams bounce back this year or soon, but it is shocking.

I think steelers are done. Big Ben was always a nice QB with a great team. But with an average team he doesnt have the tools to elevate those around him. IMO