WGR reports (trade colts browns)

tito1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns were hoping Weeden would be there franchise QB. It looks like they are going all out for a QB this next draft with the extra 1st rd pick to package , unless they can stay winless.

With the amount of "talented" QBs that pundits are predicting will come out in next years draft, I don't think the Browns are going to need too many picks to get that franchise QB, especially considering that they have a very good shot at finishing in the top 3 in the draft order for next years draft. It would be ironic (like the Bills) for them to give up Richardson and then use that pick to draft a RB!!!

The Vikes should have went to the SB with 85 yo Brett Favre. The Titans with CJ went 13-3 QB by Kerry Collins. The Jags went 11-5 and beat Pitt on the road in the playoffs helped by MJD. IT goes both ways.

#1 you need a QB. But are the Bills better or worse off for drafting Spiller over Tebow? Talent always should win out. It's also funny that you mention CLE has a weak blocking oline when they have a top 3 LT. Maybe LT is an overrated position?

This is a crappy trade if you are a Browns fan but it makes sense. There's chance TRich's value goes down if he has a bad year. To grab a 1st for any player is good value. And if you are going to be bad, be real bad. The problem with the Bills is they rarely hit rock bottom. At the same time, I love this trade for the colts.

P.S. There could be a very good chance that all Bama rbs might be completely overrated. Ingram, TRich, Lacey might just run behind dominant, NFL caliber olines that make them look way better than they actually are.

Joe Thomas used to be a top 3 LT. He has played horribly, as has the rest of the OL, this year. I (unfortunately) get the Browns games every week where I live. He also played average last year. Richardson played almost the whole year with broken ribs, no blocking, and no passing threat.

With the amount of "talented" QBs that pundits are predicting will come out in next years draft, I don't think the Browns are going to need too many picks to get that franchise QB, especially considering that they have a very good shot at finishing in the top 3 in the draft order for next years draft. It would be ironic (like the Bills) for them to give up Richardson and then use that pick to draft a RB!!!

With the Browns fans' luck, they'll take Manziel just to sell tickets. I don't think he is nearly the best QB next year.

Joe Thomas used to be a top 3 LT. He has played horribly, as has the rest of the OL, this year. I (unfortunately) get the Browns games every week where I live. He also played average last year. Richardson played almost the whole year with broken ribs, no blocking, and no passing threat.

With the Browns fans' luck, they'll take Manziel just to sell tickets. I don't think he is nearly the best QB next year.

Doesn't the Barbarian have Manziel as his no1 pick in his 2014 mock draft?

Doesn't the Barbarian have Manziel as his no1 pick in his 2014 mock draft?

I don't know who the Barbarian is, but that won't happen. McShay (whether you like him or not) doesn't even have him in his top 5 QBs and he is including underclassmen. The kid is an outstanding college player. He will be drafted. But his size, documented drinking problem, attitude on and off the field,and unlikeable personality will have many teams shy away from investing the money and time into Johnny Football as their franchise quarterback Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I wouldn't put it past them. No guarantee that the 15-20 first rounder will amount to anything. Oh wait, of course they are loading to move up in the draft. They love to waste picks they have stockpiled after all. Didn't they burn three picks to move ahead of a team with AP to draft a RB #3 overall?

I thought being a Bills fan was tough.

I wouldn't put it past them. No guarantee that the 15-20 first rounder will amount to anything. Oh wait, of course they are loading to move up in the draft. They love to waste picks they have stockpiled after all. Didn't they burn three picks to move ahead of a team with AP to draft a RB #3 overall?

I thought being a Bills fan was tough.

The Browns fans truly have had it worse than Bills fans.

I don't know who the Barbarian is, but that won't happen. McShay (whether you like him or not) doesn't even have him in his top 5 QBs and he is including underclassmen. The kid is an outstanding college player. He will be drafted. But his size, documented drinking problem, attitude on and off the field,and unlikeable personality will have many teams shy away from investing the money and time into Johnny Football as their franchise quarterback

FWIW, McShay didn't have EJ in his top 5 QBs.

FWIW, McShay didn't have EJ in his top 5 QBs.

I know, but Manziel is anything but the size and character of EJ, and teams will be afraid to invest their future in him. Plus we are talking about the #1 pick which the Browns will somehow get either by record or trade, and EJ didn't go #1 and neither will Manziel. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

In this thread we point to the Vikings wildly successful 10-6 season & the Packers colossal 15-1 failure to make our point about the importance of RB's.

Also James Starks who was approximately the 103rd best RB in the league. Without him they might've had to settle for the Buff. St. RB to get them 3YPC after the Philly game.

It doesn't matter where Starks went to school or where he was ranked then or now in the regular season. GB squeaked into the playoffs in 2010 as a WC with a great QB and passing game but poor running game in the reg season, then Starks posted a league-leading 315 rushing yards in the 2010 postseason, third most ever by a rookie RB in the postseason. They then won the SB. The Vikings, on the other hand, did not have a QB and ONLY made the playoffs because of AP. Without a QB they were not able to be successful in the playoffs. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Its this thinking that got the Colts only one SuperBowl win with perhaps the best QB to ever play. Having a defense that can just hold their own will not get them through the playoffs.

Yep. It is interesting to watch it close up being from Buffalo and rooting for the Bills. They should have won more championships but Irsay loves big offense. That is where he spends most of his money. It is his team, not mine.

It doesn't matter where Starks went to school or where he was ranked then or now in the regular season. GB squeaked into the playoffs in 2010 as a WC with a great QB and passing game but poor running game in the reg season, then Starks posted a league-leading 315 rushing yards in the 2010 postseason, third most ever by a rookie RB in the postseason. They then won the SB. The Vikings, on the other hand, did not have a QB and ONLY made the playoffs because of AP. Without a QB they were not able to be successful in the playoffs.

They squeaked into the playoffs because they where incredibly unlucky with a ton of injuries & played a brutal schedule. Lost @Chicago in OT, shut out the Jets on the road, outplayed and lost @ATL & @NE because they failed to cover kickoff returns. This is all why they were only a tiny underdog @ a 13-3 Falcons team and favored vs the Bears & Steelers. It's also why they went 15-1 the next year.

It's not because they reinvented themselves and had 1 good rushing game vs a pedestrian Philly D. Although it's great that you move the goalposts with new arbitrary criteria on rookie postseason history and "hey the RB who played the most postseason games had the most yards!" after the lie about running the ball well in Atlanta/Chicago gets shot down.

They squeaked into the playoffs because they where incredibly unlucky with a ton of injuries & played a brutal schedule. Lost @Chicago in OT, shut out the Jets on the road, outplayed and lost @ATL & @NE because they failed to cover kickoff returns. This is all why they were only a tiny underdog @ a 13-3 Falcons team and favored vs the Bears & Steelers. It's also why they went 15-1 the next year.

It's not because they reinvented themselves and had 1 good rushing game vs a pedestrian Philly D. Although it's great that you move the goalposts with new arbitrary criteria on rookie postseason history and "hey the RB who played the most postseason games had the most yards!" after the lie about running the ball well in Atlanta/Chicago gets shot down.

This was in response to a poster who made a blanket statement that the addition of an effective rushing game to a team that did not have one previously is never something that can be the difference between winning and losing. No one "lied" about anything. There was no criteria to begin with. I think you got a bit lost in the thread as there are a lot of things being discussed at once. GO Bills!