Bills D vs. Geno should be fun

billsintaiwan

One of the knocks on Geno coming out of school was that he would stay in the pocket and take a sack instead of either getting rid of the ball or scrambling.

From watching the Pats game I think he still has those tendencies, plus I think he started hearing footsteps after the first sack he took against the Pats.

I think Mario can have a similar role of pass rushing combined with QB contain to keep Geno contained. Hopefully we can hit him early and get him rattled.

I do wish our secondary was better and getting INT's though. Maybe Kiko can make up for that?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beating the Jets on the road isn't going to be easy, especially since its EJ's first road game with a hostile crowd. Still we should be able to win if we can get pressure on Geno and, most importantly, STOP the stupid penalties!

This will be an easy win for the bills. Geno is bad. I was rooting for the Jets vs Pats. I found myself thinking "Run muthereffer, run!" The broadcasters touched the subject too. His qb internal clock is broken.

This guy will have his gains, yeah, no doubt. But he will also have his sacks, maybe ints, maybe forced fumbles.

Geno sucks and Matt Simms is even being considered as an option if Geno continues to struggle.

Our defense is getting after the qbs. The whole schbang. Hits, pressures, sacks, ints. Why would a bad ROOKIE qb all of a sudden beat the bills' defense????

No wins are easy. The Jets run a similar defense that will likely confuse EJ. Amazing how a loss and a win take people from this is an 0-16 season to 'We be rollin dat team, yo'

exactly, no win is easy especially on the road.

If Panthers went for 4th&1 and converted or refs didn't call PI on Kuechly, people on this board would have talked about how Jets would dominate us. Now, after a win, people become cocky and talk about easy wins.

I have lived in Ohio for 16 years, and I don't trust the Bengals to live up to the hype. There is something missing with that team. On paper, they should be a SB contender. But for some reason they seem to flop. I know they have made the playoffs the last 2 years, but they are a weird team. They beat the Steelers (bad) at home on MNF... just not a team I would be afraid of. Maybe it is their QB.... just not sure he is there yet. Their TEs are the real deal though and AJ Green is an absolute stud.

I'm not saying we'll beat Cinci but I think that as you suggest, people who are reserved about the Bengals probably feel that way because of Dalton.

He's not disproven the idea that he was a high-floor, low-ceiling quarterback. If he's improved in 3 seasons it's been very incremental and I certainly don't view him as a guy who can win a Super Bowl. Dalton really is a game manager, not demonstrably better than backups like Matt Moore and Shaun Hill.

As for Bills-Jets, after reading through this topic there are definitely a shyt ton of intriguing story lines.

I think the Bills win but in a close game.

p.s.- Matt Hasselbeck could probably start and improve the quarterbacking on at least 6-7 teams in the league right now.

Can you imagine Hasselbeck starting for Minny instead of Ponder?

For him to be a backup QB is quite a luxury for Indy.

I guess I bring this up because I feel like Hasselbeck would be an improvement for the Jets and for Cinci.

If Panthers went for 4th&1 and converted or refs didn't call PI on Kuechly, people on this board would have talked about how Jets would dominate us. Now, after a win, people become cocky and talk about easy wins.

This Jets team isn't capable of dominating anyone. I don't think the Bills will win by a lot but Geno Smith has shown a propensity for taking sacks and turning the ball over, and that will be the difference in this game.

they (jets) have owned us in general. I shiver each post that suggested easy or even really good odds we win this.

I think its the biggest game of the year. and we had better get this divisional win under our belts after missing on those Patsies.

Go Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12

The Bills are a 2.5 point road underdog. Carolina gets the Giants this week, we get Baltimore the week after the Jets. No way in hell the Panthers come out of that game anything but 0-3. We're 1-1, but our schedule is still darned difficult. If we lose to the Jets, we drop another winnable division game and will likely be 1-3 after the Ravens game. The Jets are as close to a trap game we'll see this season.

There's no way in hell a 1pt favorite can win, nice.

Bills 27, Jets 12. You heard it here first.

It could be 44-12 if EJ had a few more weapons. I sure hope they work Easley into this weeks offense.

Gotta jump on the Jets early to keep the crowd out of it...Or better yet to turn them on the Jets...Get Geno to throw a couple picks in the 1st half and he'll see how friendly that home crowd is... ;)

All that being said I'm guessing this one will be a grind too...I think the Bills clearly have the better talent overall...But so did the Pats and the Bucs...We'll see... B-)

I feel like this defense has been looking for a QB to get off on. Geno Smith could be that guy. Hopefully Pettine pulls out all the stops to punish his old boss.

Man, one win and now everybody's all cocky.

I know some people are allergic to optimism around these parts (not saying you specifically), but my view has more to do with the way the Jets look than how the Bills do.

This will be an easy win for the bills. Geno is bad. I was rooting for the Jets vs Pats. I found myself thinking "Run muthereffer, run!" The broadcasters touched the subject too. His qb internal clock is broken.

This guy will have his gains, yeah, no doubt. But he will also have his sacks, maybe ints, maybe forced fumbles.

Geno sucks and Matt Simms is even being considered as an option if Geno continues to struggle.

Our defense is getting after the qbs. The whole schbang. Hits, pressures, sacks, ints. Why would a bad ROOKIE qb all of a sudden beat the bills' defense????

It's threads like these, and posts like this that are always worth bumping eternally.

Beacuse reading these threads and posts, one would think we were reigning super bowl champions...or at the very least made the playoffs last year; no sorry, at the very least had a winning record last year; no sorry at the very least had a winning record a single season during the last DECADE? :bag: