Stadium cheers and jumbotron "entertainment "

MDyl7993

What is that train whistle have to do with football? I thought it meant we were a trainwreck waiting to happen. That chanting was ridiculous, actually stupid. What happened to the stampeding buffalo? I guess I have been gone too long. I thought I was in a Chuckie Cheese nightmare. Whose bright idea were these things?

What is that train whistle have to do with football? I thought it meant we were a trainwreck waiting to happen. That chanting was ridiculous, actually stupid. What happened to the stampeding buffalo? I guess I have been gone too long. I thought I was in a Chuckie Cheese nightmare. Whose bright idea were these things?

The train sound is an homage to Buffalo's rail history. If you grew up on the East Side that sound is something you hear all the time. I like it. I don't know what the chanting is. Something new this season?

PTR

are you talking about the FSU war chant? Cause that's what I seem to hear over the TV.

Do they still play the shout song? Because at least on the TV, I used to hear that from time to time... but not these last 2 weeks. maybe just editing by the carrier though.

The chant is "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes. Popularized first in Europe by futbol fans.

Read and learn http://deadspin.com/...he-sports-world

It's also the most over-used hype gimmick in American football. Every Tom, D!ck and Harry college team uses it in their stadium, and the pro teams aren't too far behind. I believe last year was the first that the Bills used it on kickoffs, and I was hoping it would be a one-and-done fad.

I'm not against the shout song at all but it really does need to be updated with something we can call our own as the shout song has been. Shout is outdated.

Similar to the Sabre Dance with the rock/electric version. Same song but more current. Or I'm just an ass with an opinion.

The chant is "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes. Popularized first in Europe by futbol fans.

Read and learn http://deadspin.com/5875933/how-the-song-seven-nation-army-conquered-the-sports-world

Very interesting! I'm a Stripes fan, but was completely unaware of this phenomenon.

I'm not against the shout song at all but it really does need to be updated with something we can call our own as the shout song has been. Shout is outdated.

Similar to the Sabre Dance with the rock/electric version. Same song but more current. Or I'm just an ass with an opinion.

I completely disagree. I love the Shout song. It is just part of being a Bills fan and few teams have such a tradition engrained into their fanbase. Heck my family sings it at weddings! A Bills score isn't final until I hear that song!

The only problem I seen when it came to the crowd is way too many ppl don't seem to know when to get loud and when to shut up!

omg, this x1,000,000,000,000.

Couldn't tell you how pissed I was that people's cheering got louder as the Bills offense came to the line each time in that last drive.

We're not on defense idiots!!!

Whoever it was that said Bills fans are knowledgable are way off.

Anyone that wants to update the SHOUT song should turn in their Bills fan card now.

SHOUT song is AWEOME !!

I was not a fan for the glory years, but have been going to a game or two at the Ralph every year since 1996. I've been to a lot of games at other stadiums including the pre JJ Cowboys, Texans, Saints, and a ton of Seahawks games. I have never seen anything like it anywhere else. The way the whole crowd stands up and and sings along and does claps and does the fist in the air on the word "shout" is really cool. Most stadiums play ads after a TD or FG these days.

Don't change a thing!

SHOUT song is AWEOME !!

I was not a fan for the glory years, but have been going to a game or two at the Ralph every year since 1996. I've been to a lot of games at other stadiums including the pre JJ Cowboys, Texans, Saints, and a ton of Seahawks games. I have never seen anything like it anywhere else. The way the whole crowd stands up and and sings along and does claps and does the fist in the air on the word "shout" is really cool. Most stadiums play ads after a TD or FG these days.

Don't change a thing!

you can keep your fan card

I completely disagree. I love the Shout song. It is just part of being a Bills fan and few teams have such a tradition engrained into their fanbase. Heck my family sings it at weddings! A Bills score isn't final until I hear that song!

I understand, hell, it was played at my wedding about 4 times. I just said updated it. Not necessarily replace it. And if I need to turn in my "FAN" card for saying that then oh well. It was just a thought.

My problem is it should be based on the situation. Nothing like hearing the shout song when we scored to make it 42-7. Really makes me feel like we are going to pull out the win.... I think I've been reading too many of microscopes posts. sorry.

Edited by The Wiz

I understand, hell, it was played at my wedding about 4 times. I just said updated it. Not necessarily replace it. And if I need to turn in my "FAN" card for saying that then oh well. It was just a thought.

My problem is it should be based on the situation. Nothing like hearing the shout song when we scored to make it 42-7. Really makes me feel like we are going to pull out the win.... I think I've been reading too many of microscopes posts. sorry.

Well, you're wrong, so...

ill give you a little credit. I am not sure it warrants the shout song when we kick a FG. (Unless it gives us the lead)

And I don't necessarily believe we should be playing it if we're down big.

However, with that said, it helps pump up the crowd and the crowd helps pump up the team. So of they are down and it's manageable to come back, then I'm all for playing it to get the place rocking.

Come to think about it. Better just play it every score. Lol.