Jets- extra preparation for our game

SF Bills Fan

Its true they have more time, but they still only have one game to really look at and game plan from. They can't really do too much more until they get the film against Carolina. Its not like they can grab all of last season's films and look at those too. I don't think the extra time is an excuse this week.

not like Geno will be watching the game or any tape of it anyway.

They get to watch our game Sunday, the Bills staff got to watch their game Thursday night. I don't think this is a big deal. Sometimes the extra days work against a club, vs. having the normal Sunday to Sunday routine.

I agree. We don't have a "short" week, so I don't think the extra time benefits them. If anything, they are more banged up playing Sunday then Thursday.

Well let's see they can look at their own playbook to see what we do on defense already - no need for a few more days.

They will have to wait until Sunday to get another look at EJ and our offense.

Their DT got hurt playing on a short week - he looked quite gimpy coming off the field but don't know extent of injury.

Their QB got exposed.

Some low-level assistant is already breaking down last nights film.

Marrone has already coached against Geno.

Pettine knows their system and players.

Of any week where there may be an advantage this is not the one...

No they don't.

And the Patriots didn't spank them because the Patriots played like dog crap.

So the Jets defense had absolutely nothing to do with; the Pats just played like dog crap for their home opener on Thursday night football. . Sure. And Tampa played like crap the week before and couldn't do jack against Jet defense. The Jets defense which was the 5th rated defense in the NFL last year. I guess most of the offenses they faced last year just played like dog crap. Just all one big coincidence.

So the Jets defense had absolutely nothing to do with; the Pats just played like dog crap for their home opener on Thursday night football. . Sure. And Tampa played like crap the week before and couldn't do jack against Jet defense. The Jets defense which was the 5th rated defense in the NFL last year. I guess most of the offenses they faced last year just played like dog crap. Just all one big coincidence.

1) you do realize the Jets were 6-10 last year, right? That's a bad team.

2) they then lost this offseason their Starting CB, Starting DB, 2 Starting LB's.

So the Jets sucked last season AND lost 4 starting defensive players AND only best Tampa because of a late hit out of bounds.

Yeah, they're great...

2) they then lost this offseason their Starting CB, Starting DB, 2 Starting LB's.

So the Jets sucked last season AND lost 4 starting defensive players AND only best Tampa because of a late hit out of bounds.

Yeah, they're great...

I'm pretty sure you're just going by the box score.

im not going to argue that the jets have a bad defense but the pats let a lot of opportunities get away lastnight.

The NFL must hate the Pats then. They only had 4 days to prepare.

So did their opponent.

We're talking about the inequity in prep time between teams who face each other.

I will be thoroughly disappointed if we don't spank the Jets.

That is one bad football team.

Bad? I'd say they have a bad offense and a good defense.

Most importantly they have a QB situation which will make winning difficult but their D will be a good test for the Bills.

Yeah, they're great...

The losses of Revis and Landry were substantial.

However the loss of 2 starting LBs is inconsequential at best. When the Jets let them walk there was zero interest in Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas and in fact, neither one is in the NFL right now.